OCTOBER HITS AND MISSES

Hits

ACV Rinse (This was the BEST thing for my hair!) :thumbsup:

VO5 Conditioners

Washing hair more than once a week (Realized that once a week is not enough for me.)

HITS:
ORS Hair Mayo
Denman D3 brush (instantly smooth, silky hair)

MISSES:
Humecto (that ish still runs in my eyes, it smells great though)

mkstar826 said:
hits:
miss:
*nature's gate aloe vera treatment shampoo (weird rubbery feeling hair, yuck!)
*aveda rosemary mint shampoo (revisted miss...don't know why i even went there)

Yeah these are both still sitting in my closet too....I need to just give em away

Hits

Redkin Cleasning shampoo and conditioner
MTG
my own mix of jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, coconut oil, aloe vera and almond oil love it!
Hype hair satin rollers... love them

Misses
Carols Daughter shampoo's and conditioners.

Hits:

CB Smooth Triple Silk conditioner
I used this years ago and thought I would revisist it--great conditioner with or without heat. Downside--chemically fragrance.

Suave daily clarifying shampoo
I bought this at the end of Sept/beg. of oct--this was great, it gave my hair a fresh start and my products started 'working' again.

At the end of Sept I splurged on Miss Jessies....

Baby buttercreme--$$$$ my hair loves it but its super expensive and it contains ingredients like mineral oil. It's a 16oz jar and I only need to use a little and it doesn't give my hair a greasy feel.

Curly meringue--its a hit. Downside a bit drying (will need that baby buttercreme) but my I was able to wear my style for several days with minimal manipulation.

Curly pudding--just tried it yesterday. (I've been working with the meringue) today I still have a style and it's not as drying as the meringue. I've only used it once and was pleased with the results--so for now a conditional hit.

CB smooth hair polish--not sure.

Misses:

none

Hit:
F. Fekkai luscious curls--great fragrance but overpriced for 4oz.

I'm not buying any more products until spring :grin:

Hits:

Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment
I'm actually revisiting this product. Six months ago during my last hair supply shopping spree I made myself choose between Kenra's Mositurizing Conditioner and the Intensive Emollient Treatment. I got the MC because it was cheaper. BIG MISTAKE! Don't get me wrong, Kenra's MC is nice but it doesn't compare to the IMT. That stuff makes my hair feel like butta for real! It is so worth the extra few dollars!

KeraCare Leave-In Conditioner
To be honest, I'm not sure if it was this conditioner or my Kenra IET, but my hair felt really soft and my comb out was so easy! I think the combination of the two is the best and I have a bottle of Aveda Elixir and Paul Mitchell: The Conditioner to get rid of!

John Frieda's Frizz Ease
Another revisted product. Same ingredients as KeraCare's Silken Seal plus it has sunscreen in it and is way less expensive.

Misses:

No misses this month!

Hits:

OSR Replenishing Pak. I used this after coloring (Bigen) and I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair!

Profectiv BreakFree - Really protects before and after relaxing. I lost almost no hair after self relaxing!!!

Misses:

Humecto - Still does nothing for my 4a/4b hair. Generic Humectress does 4 times better and is one fourth the price!

Hits:

OSR Replenishing Pak. I used this after coloring (Bigen) and I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair!

Profectiv BreakFree - Really protects before and after relaxing. I lost almost no hair after self relaxing!!!

Misses:

Humecto - Still does nothing for my 4a/4b hair. Generic Humectress does 4 times better and is one fourth the price!

HITS:

-I'm revisiting the following Nexxus products because when I used them my hair was the shiniest, healthiest and thickest it has ever been:
Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Botanic Oil
Nexxus Keraphix
I will keep all the products I currently have because they serve different purposes at different times, but I am going to use Nexxus as my line of regular hair care.

-My trusty hair color: Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color in #59 (Oriental Black). Does the trick every time!

MISSES:

-None so far

My Oyin products:
Honey Hemp - use as leave in and it is just amazing on my hair
Shine and Define - works with my wash and gos

Miss Jessies' Buttercreme - very moisturizing on my daughters natural hair

Phytospecific Nutrition Mask - left my hair feeling really strong

Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil on dry hair (hot oil treatment)

Misses: None

Jewell said:
HITS:

-I'm revisiting the following Nexxus products because when I used them my hair was the shiniest, healthiest and thickest it has ever been:
Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Botanic Oil
Nexxus Keraphix
I will keep all the products I currently have because they serve different purposes at different times, but I am going to use Nexxus as my line of regular hair care.

-My trusty hair color: Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color in #59 (Oriental Black). Does the trick every time!

MISSES:

-None so far

glad to hear that you are liking the Nexxus line! I am ordering all the ones you mentioned next week.

Hits:

Aphogee treatment for damaged hair
Silicon mix treatment
Tresemme Vitamin B-12 & Gelatin anti-breakage conditioner
Nexxus Botanoil treatment shampoo
Cantu shea butter After Shampoo rinse out conditioner
Cantu Grow Strong strenthening treatment
Recurrence of Hawaiian Silky No Base Mild Relaxer (as a texturizer)
Black Sophisticated Hair Magazine

Misses:

None

Hits:
Toque Agico Emergencia Intensivo Treatmiento Capilar
Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner
Sedal Lissage Leave-In
Lacio Lacio Leave-In
Dominican Mix (from Anky's thread) of Emergencia, Silicon Mix, Miss Key 10 en 1 (got to use this ish up), Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Rinse and Nacidit Olive Oil (the result was silky soft, moisturized hair)

Misses:
Miss Key 10 en 1 (I hate this conditoner, I don't know if I got a bad batch but it makes my hair feel hard)

Jury still out on:
Sedal Anti-Sponge Leave-In
Salerm 21 Leave-In
Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Rinse
Miss Key 10 en 1 Rinse (hope I like this better than the conditioner)

Needless to say I went on a little shopping binge. I will slow down until the first of the year.

Last edited:
Hits
Aveda damage remedy restructuring conditioner
I used on my weave and the few strands of my own.Wonderful!

Misses
none so far

HITS:
Miss Keys Bello K Bello (Used as deep penetrating CO wash)
Nourel's Wheat Germ Conditioner
Tropical's Deep Conditioner
Dark n Lovely Moisturizing Shampoo (Best I've Ever Used!!!)
Silk Elements MegaSilk Deep Conditioner ( A major Staple! )

Misses:

None

HIT: NTM leave-in

+ Used as a moisturizer on dry hair for my buns and it is great! (Thanks sylver2, you got me to be a NTM believer)

Last edited:
Hit: Kenra Leave-in Conditioner

Miss:

* ACV Rinse. I thought I only used a little vinegar -- like two tablespoons in 16.9 ounces of water. But my god, I had no slip, my cuticles stuck together and my hair was dry (all this after oiling and MTG'ing every night for two weeks. WTF?). Not even deep conditioning helped. That vinegar stripped my hair. I'm still recovering from that and will never try it again. My hair now detangles everyday no matter what I use. :(

* Comb and hair brush from hairsense.com. (I'm scared to use both on my hair. The bone comb is too sharp and the brush has nicks at the base that I'm afraid will pull my hair)

Undecided:
* Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
* Kenra Intensive emollient treatment.

Seriously, Robert Craig makes the best moisturizing conditioner I've ever tried. I'm going back to that as soon as Kenra is gone. Too bad I bought the big, economical 33 oz. size:perplexed . And as for a deep conditioning ... I think I'll stick to Vitale's super reconstructor. It always works superbly.

But I have to wait until these vinegar after effects are behind me to judge Kenra properly. The leave-in definitely makes my hair soft and supple though.

Hits: Silicon Leave-in - It gives great shine and it smells fantastic.

Misses: Silicon Conditioner - I think this might work best on relaxed hair. It did nothing special for my natural hair.

October has been a month of MASSIVE HITS for me:

* KeraCare Foam Wrap Set Lotion
* Super 10 en 1 Conditioner

And some OLE Favorites proved themselves again
*QP Elasta Recovery
*BB Super Lite
*Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
*QP Elasta Mango Butter
* DudleyQ's DRC-28

Hits.

Roux Porosity Control

Misses..
Stupid rinse. can't remember the brand. Stupid-hair-tangling-rinse....

MAJOR HITS!!

Matrix All Weather Hair Spray (why didn't I buy this in the summer!) -- Fantastic stuff!! :)
Matrix Con for Curly Hair (in the tube) :)
Paul Mitchell Straightening Gel! (WOW!) :)

My hair feels fantastic!!

Sweet C said:
HIT: NTM leave-in

+ Used as a moisturizer on dry hair for my buns and it is great! (Thanks sylver2, you got me to be a NTM believer)

U welcome madame..YaY!!
so glad it works for u

Time for some updates. First time I have ever spent $60.00 on hair care products.

Hits:
Keracare Mosturizing Shampoo
Keracare Humetco
ElastaQP Recovery Serum
Surge 14 ( I dissed this the whole time I had braids)
Braid Spary- African Royal and Infusium 23 (growafrohairloglong.com Braid Regime)

I had a lot of growth from wearing braids so I'll give credit to Surge 14 and the Braid Spray

Miss
At One leave-In - not impressed did nothing for my hair.

Jury still out:
Keracare Hair Mosturizing Lotion

HITS
Sedal Hidraloe Leave-In Cream (almost as good as Salerm 21 w/o the protein)

MISSES
Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo (harsh!)

Back