Nturals really really simple regi

Krymsonkween

Naturals really really simple regi

My cousin who has been natural for about 3 years with mbl hair very healthy myself and 3 aunts were sitting around the table talking hair, When my aunt (twa) asked her about her hair. My aunt has been trying everything on her hair. My cousin tell's her she uses:
condish (suave)
castor oil
mtg (when she fells like it)
condish wash every other day when she showers in the am
and goes. Nothing else!!!! She does the condish and castor oil 2x day as she says her hair is dry. Her hair is beautiful. I tried to get her to let me post a pic but she will not have anything to do with pics of her on the net at all.

I don't know what type she is, but her hair is not really curly just kinda puffy and curly at the roots.

Do any naturals use very simple products and regi? My aunt has been trying every curly pudding that comes out alond with gels.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, this will be my third time (thread) posting this, lol.

My regi's pretty simple these days...I co-wash every 2-3 days with Almond and Shea butter Suave, and I wash with a sulphate-free shampoo when needed. I DC with Miss Key 10 en 1 once a week under my dryer. I seal with an oil mix (Black castor oil, olive oil, n wheat germ oil) after every co-wash (I usually leave a lil condish in my hair). ETA I usually fingercomb in the shower or use my seamless detangler in the shower with conditioner (I prefer finger combing.)

For daily care, I spritz with my juice mix (aloe vera juice/CFC Gold/water/glycerin) 2-3 times a day for moisture, and I style my hair with Ecostyler Gel. I baggy my hair at night under my satin bonnet, an in the a.m. I spritz, fluff, throw on my head bands and go. I usually wear my hair in different variations of a puff.

My only growth aid is MN mixed with Black Castor Oil and peppermint eo, and apply that to my scalp after I co-wash (when i remember to:grin:).

I think my summer reggie is simple
Currently I have my hair individual braids no extentions and I co-wash 1-3x a week and shampoo with diluted shampoo every two weeks. I also deep condition overnight either before I wash or after with a plastic cap and a bonnet on(conditioners vary in rotation, shecenit banana burlee, AO GPB or Mirta de perla keratin conditioner) On wash days (not co-wash) I use Qhemet OHHB and AOHC and seal with JBCO and during the week I spray my hair w/ my juice mix. I also base my scalp w/ JBCO

Mine's pretty simple too. I wash once a week, detangle, use jasmine or neem oil and twist. It works for me.

My plan is so simple and most folks don't believe me but it is the truth. 10 year plus regime: Conditioner wash only and I twist my hair. That is it, no oil, no butters, no creme's, no heat, no color, no nothing. My hair is reaching my waist. Plus I trim my hair every three months and sometimes I may cut off more.

im rpetty simple too.
i co wash 1x a week , dc after wash ,add oil (any) then air dry and twist.
spritz my hair with my mix (aloe vera,water,glycerin,any oil) each night.
keep the twists in for some time (or extensions braids if i have some) and..;
just keeping on like that.

sometimes (when not lazy) i take wheat germ vitamins

co-wash, reconstruct and deep condition x2 or x3 a week in twists, detangle wet hair x1 week, moisturise on soaking wet hair with: water based, then oil based, then emulsified moisturiser and braid. occasionaly throughout the week spritz with heavily diluted (with fresh water) suki conditioner
hardcore protein every 6-8 weeks

Last edited:
I condition and wash once a week and keep my hair stretched via braids or rock twist outs. I moisturize daily and/or as needed. I'm not a "no comb" kinda lady. I detangle when necessary; usually no more than 2-3 times a week. I always make sure my hair is at least moistened or has something on it before I go to comb it though. In the summer, I wear my hair out a lot. In the cooler months, I mainly wear my hair up or in twists.

Last edited:
My summer reggie:
-Spritz twists with water
-Moisturize w/ mixture of condish, avj, castor oil, coconut oil
-"Wash" with evoo once a week, retwist as needed
-Keep it moving

I co-wash daily (or almost daily) with Aussie Moist, spray on S-Curl No Drip and then put it in a bun. It looks good enough to wear as a wash n go, but I don't really like to wear my hair down.

10 years natural. Only use 4 products.

Shampoo- Dr. Bonner's Peppermint (or whatever is in the house) 1x per week
Conditioner- Pantene Hydrating curls (to detangle) I NEVER deep condition... waste of time for me....

Moisturizer- S-Curl spray (as needed)
Styling Aid- S-Curl gel (grey jar/ blue top) as needed

No oils, creams, butters, color, heat, sitting under hair dryers, nada.....

For the past few days all I've done is conditioner washed with Aussie Moist and followed up with S-Curl liquid activator. I put it in an updo or a low ponytail and I let it airdry. My hair has felt amazing.

I wear a half wig, but once a week:

I take my cornrows out.
I detangle.
I wash and deep condition.
I put some type of oil in.
I re-braid.

I co-wash when I feel like it, and I spray s curl as a moisturizer on my hair every night.

I slap on some IC Fantasia Gel to make the hair thats left out blend with the wig.

Done.

Mine is simple too. I wash (shampoo, condition/DC, ACV rinse) my hair twice a week and baggy nightly. That's it.

I try to shampoo once a week and clarify once a week, but I really end up just clarifying whenever i feel like it. DC after each of those. Co-wash every day other than those with whatever conditioner I have on hand (currently loving a bunch of Nature's Gate conditioners). De-tangle only when wet and use a leave-in after. Pretty simple :)

My regimen is very simple. I co/water wash about once or twice a week using Giovanni conditioner to co wash and as a moisturizer/leave in. I finger comb my hair while wet and with conditioner on wash days. My styles consists of updos, buns, half up/ half down, etc. and do not require the use of a comb or brush.

I don't use blow dryers, gels, mousse, etc. Just conditioner and water and sometimes a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil during the cooler months.

Since March I have been shampooing, DCing and finger detangling weekly; I cowash daily and add conditioner and gel to the length of my hair and slick it back into a puff. My hair has been doing very well with this regimen so far.

Ok, this will be my third time (thread) posting this, lol.

My regi's pretty simple these days...I co-wash every 2-3 days with Almond and Shea butter Suave, and I wash with a sulphate-free shampoo when needed. I DC with Miss Key 10 en 1 once a week under my dryer. I seal with an oil mix (Black castor oil, olive oil, n wheat germ oil) after every co-wash (I usually leave a lil condish in my hair). ETA I usually fingercomb in the shower or use my seamless detangler in the shower with conditioner (I prefer finger combing.)

For daily care, I spritz with my juice mix (aloe vera juice/CFC Gold/water/glycerin) 2-3 times a day for moisture, and I style my hair with Ecostyler Gel. I baggy my hair at night under my satin bonnet, an in the a.m. I spritz, fluff, throw on my head bands and go. I usually wear my hair in different variations of a puff.

My only growth aid is MN mixed with Black Castor Oil and peppermint eo, and apply that to my scalp after I co-wash (when i remember to:grin:).
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

My plan is so simple and most folks don't believe me but it is the truth. 10 year plus regime: Conditioner wash only and I twist my hair. That is it, no oil, no butters, no creme's, no heat, no color, no nothing. My hair is reaching my waist. Plus I trim my hair every three months and sometimes I may cut off more.

wow! when was the last time you shampoo'd???

this is my recent summer regimen:
co wash daily
kinky curly and jojoba oil as leave in
henna once a month

For the past few days all I've done is conditioner washed with Aussie Moist and followed up with S-Curl liquid activator. I put it in an updo or a low ponytail and I let it airdry. My hair has felt amazing.

We have the same reggie except that I use H.E. Totally Twisted (just because that's whats in the shower right now) :grin:

wow! when was the last time you shampoo'd???
Over 10 years ago. Thankfully I have been blessed with a normal scalp, that is why I never have to add butters, oils etc. It took a dermatologist to tell me this. No wonder I had acne, I was adding crap to my scalp\hair that would end up on my face, via sweating or my pillow.

I'm a newbie, but I think I have a pretty simple regimen...you vets tell me!

I co-wash/DC (castor oil added) in my weave, then seal with coconut oil or shea butter. I castor oil my edges daily and my scalp 2x week.

That's it!

What kind of conditioners do you use???

My regi is super simple. I cowash daily w/ 2 conditioners (usually HE None of Your Frizziness, Bedhead Mositure Maniac, Tresseme Naturals, Yes to Carrots...2 of these). Rise. Squeeze water out. Apply Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish as a leave in & Shea Mositure Curl Smoothie. Denman brush. Lay edges w/ Ecostyler gel. Hair zing. See Siggy pic.

So basically, I cowash, leave some condish in & go. Love it! BC'd 3 months ago & my hair is growing well.

I wear a half wig, but once a week:

I take my cornrows out.
I detangle.
I wash and deep condition.
I put some type of oil in.
I re-braid.

I co-wash when I feel like it, and I spray s curl as a moisturizer on my hair every night.

I slap on some IC Fantasia Gel to make the hair thats left out blend with the wig.

Done.

similiar to hers minus the DC and gel. i detangle 1x a month:blush:

I only use 4 things + my fingers. I do everything once a week, I moisturize every day and I bun. 4 things are: shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, light protein conditioner and oil.

The DC, detangling and pre-poo are all in one before shampooing: I use my moisturizing conditioner or my light protein conditioner + oil on wet hair, for 30 min without heat. After those 30 min, my hair is easy to finger detangle.

After shampoo, I use the same moisturizing conditioner and oil as leave-ins. I add a little bit of them every day.

If I want to wear my hair out I will add gel before bed / stretched style.

Last edited:
Back