Keeping it Simple

Keeping it simple has worked for me. I do a hot oil treatment with olive oil, wash, condition and rollerset. I blow out the roots when I am about 7 weeks post.

Keeping it simple has worked for me. I do a hot oil treatment with olive oil, wash, condition and rollerset. I blow out the roots when I am about 7 weeks post.

is that all your hair in your siggy pic?!! jeebus!! thats the length im tryna be at. its really pretty :)

Girrrllll, do I have just the thing for you! Someone pointed out these styles & hair accessories. I just got mine & i'm in love. I can put my hair in ponytails without the strain.
http://www.hairzing.com/products.php?cPath=3&

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid232551186http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid232551186

Wow, this is Cool. I have been just twisting it up and holding it with my claw clip w/my ends tucked away. Now with this.....

:wallbash::wallbash: More money I am going to spend :wallbash::wallbash:

It is cool though!

I wash once a week, sometimes I go longer, sometimes less, depending on what my hair needs. I stay flexble and don't stay with a rigid timeframe but all things being equal, I wash once a week, usually saturdays. If its hot and humid and I'm spending lots of time in the pool/ocean, I wash/co-wash everyday, if its really cold out, I may go 10 days to 2 weeks between washes. My KIS rules are simple and still being developed. . . .

1. never, I mean NEVA use heat for anything. Period. Not even to DC. Everyon can't do this at first and I didn't think I could, but try, try again and I've been heat free for years and that alone has simplified my life. I feel I can live anywhere and so long I have water and a bottle of condish (preferable nexxus humectress!) I can hook my hair up -- straight and flowing, textured, whatever . . .

2. be flexible 'cuz life don't always happen according to my schedule, thank God!

2. do whatever I need to do when I wash/co-wash, cuz no time in between washes, I don't brush, comb or manipulate my hair much when its dry, so I henna, moisturize, deep condish, oil, whatever on wash days and forget about it until my next wash.

3. use 'poo or co-wash whenever either makes sense. I try to limit 'poo use, but I don't hesitate when I know my hair needs it. It's not an all or nothing thing, 'poo when you need it, co-wash when it makes sense. Use protein and moisture depending on condition of hair. Rollerset and airdry or just let it hang dry, depending . . . I don't feel I HAVE to make a choice. Sometimes I go months without 'pooing, and then sometimes I'll 'poo for 2 or 3 washes in a row . . .

4. if my hair is acting on me (shedding, breaking) I go into protective mode using buns, braids, etc. to give it a rest.

I prolly have more, but these are main ones. As a newbie, I was all over the place, trying this and that, co-washing everyday, feeling I had to be on some schedule with protein or moisture or whatever, but now, I just do what my hair feels like I need. The only thing I feel I simply don't have a choice with is heat -- that is TOTALLY out and I won't go back. But I know that's me and may not work for some. Indeed, no heat has been the most liberating thing for me time wise and the best thing for my hair, which is thriving with 80-85% texlax and airdrying. . . .

Thanks Neroli. Not even to DC w/a plastic cap on? WOW. I HAVE to DC w/heat or else I feel that the protein is not getting into the hair shaft.

Good for you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Neroli. Not even to DC w/a plastic cap on? WOW. I HAVE to DC w/heat or else I feel that the protein is not getting into the hair shaft.

Good for you. Keep up the good work!

LOL! I know I'm prolly over doing it, but I just won't use heat. I use plastic cap and then wrap towel over that and believe me, that generates enough heat so that proteins penetrate, especially if on for over 30 minutes. My hair has not missed the heat . . .

It was the HARDEST thing I did, giving up heat, and ironically or perhaps typically, it's the best thing and ultimately the easiest thing I ever did for my hair. Aint that just like life?

I started the KIS in the past month and it's working wonders. No more "jump on bandwagon" purchases. I no longer use any type of hair growth aides. I shampoo and condition with either Nexxus or Aveda. My leave in is either MNT (which I use to cowash with also) or Nexxus. I only use a baby brush on my hair. I brush back and twist into a bun with some JBCO on my ends. I don't use any type of pony tail holders...only a clip/hair stick to keep my bun in place. Oh and I don't use any type of heat non direct or direct...none.

LOL! I know I'm prolly over doing it, but I just won't use heat. I use plastic cap and then wrap towel over that and believe me, that generates enough heat so that proteins penetrate, especially if on for over 30 minutes. My hair has not missed the heat . . .

It was the HARDEST thing I did, giving up heat, and ironically or perhaps typically, it's the best thing and ultimately the easiest thing I ever did for my hair. Aint that just like life?

:yep: Yep. That just goes to show you that everybody's hair is different!

Back