Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

hmmmm... im a pop up every now and then im so inspired to get wl hair! im going to weave it and wig for a year so i dont watch the pot lol im passing shoulder length in the back and ear length in the front so im a little irritated "i want long hair and i want it now!" lol
im a 4a i think will some 4zzz on the crown im just doing the ghe everynight and mayo for protien treatment every month.

Hi! thought I'd stop by and check ya'll out. I was on my way to BSL til I allowed negative life stuff to take over. I cut about 6" little by little to get rid of my thin damage permed ends. Now I'm completely natural and back to my APL goal by August 2012 then back to my original goal of BSL, this time by February 2013. Back on track to thick long healthy hair.:yay:

Attachments

• Hair Lengths May 8, 2010.JPG
    Hair Lengths May 8, 2010.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 164
  • hair closer look 9.23.2010.jpg
    hair closer look 9.23.2010.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_1523.jpg
    100_1523.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 100_1580_3.JPG
    100_1580_3.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 252
Here is some shrinkage inspiration. Seriously, I don't think I ever need to cut my hair. I can simply add water and BAM...a 10 inch hair cut:lachen:

March 2012-- Wash n' Go (1st one in years)

washngo.jpg

April 2012 (bantu knot out on blown out hair)

photo3-vi.jpg

By the way LovelyNaps26 I adore your bantu knot out!

I'm thinking about staying in sew-ins for the rest of the year, just to give my hair a break for a while.:ohwell:

I'm trying to be part of this army but I swear I'm having a hard time getting through SL bootcamp. :nono: I'm still working on it though. Maybe by the end of the year.

I've been in celie braids under a wig for the last week. I plan on low mani, cowashing every few days with the braids still in, going to try and DC every 1-2 weeks with the braids still in, take the braids sown and detangle every 2-4 weeks. Getting past this APL hump is proving harder than I thought

My hair without any products in it just after a wash. Figured I'd share.
Did a pretreatment with coconut oil, almond oil, and some Suave Natural Coconut conditioner the night before. Shampooed with Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo and conditioned a mixture of conditioner because I'm trying to get rid of stuff - CurlySexyHair conditioner, Roux porosity control, and the last of my Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner. I had not detangled my hair at all yet when I took these pictures so this is my unaltered hair pattern.
I love how shiny it is even without the help of oils. I really thought my hair only had sheen because of that but looks like it finally has a healthy sheen of its own. :o

Holy schmoke, that's some shine... :lick:

[USER=171298 said:
MzSwift[/USER];16143869]@faithVA

What's going on? Do you need help pinpointing the problem?

I ended up trimming my hair back to somewhere beteen ear length and nape length. My ends were just brittle, breaking and terrible. I am hoping that my problem is that my hair just does not like protein. Because I am pretty sure I have tried everything else. I DC every week. I moisturize and seal. I dust on a regular schedule. I wear a satin cap. My hair is in a protective style 95% or more. If it isn't the protein then I will just be in a twa the rest of my life.

I ended up trimming my hair back to somewhere beteen ear length and nape length. My ends were just brittle, breaking and terrible. I am hoping that my problem is that my hair just does not like protein. Because I am pretty sure I have tried everything else. I DC every week. I moisturize and seal. I dust on a regular schedule. I wear a satin cap. My hair is in a protective style 95% or more. If it isn't the protein then I will just be in a twa the rest of my life.

faithVA

I believe you've mentioned using glycerin regularly and it working for you, but that's how it made my hair feel..brittle. I only use it in my skin care mixes now. GL w/your new regi! We're here to help if you need us! :)

faithVA said:

sorry to hear your going though some difficulties. we are here to help.
as your hair like glycerin have you tried stuff like s.curl ?

if when i pick or manipulate my hair in any way and i have a sink full of curly coils is that a moisture or protein problem? i baggy most of the time with coconut and castor oils but my hair is often very dry most of the time.

mallysmommy

Too much of either can cause breakage. But can you tell more about what you use and what you do prior to combing/picking?

Before I pick/comb, I spray on a little of my moisturizer and seal. I still get more hairs than normal, but that's b/c I primarily fingercomb throughout the year.

Also, my hair responds to coconut oil as if it were protein (dry and brittle). Other ladies have reported that as well. But that may not be a problem for you, it could be something else. :)

i spray my hair with a mixture of water aloe vera juice and some oils then apply coconut oil, braid then seal with castor oil then baggy. when i wake the next day at first my hair is very soft and supple but after say 10 mins its dry and hard. perhaps it is the coconut oil. when i undravel the hair the end just come right out when i pull (not hard just barely) when i usdryness is something that i have yet to conquer through out this journey.

Do you have any other oil that you can substitute in place of the coconut oil?
For me, grapeseed oil and EVOO have worked well. Some ladies like jojoba oil b/c it's similar to the sebum our scalp produces. Maybe you can use a different oil for a month or two to see if anything changes.

Do you feel that the AVJ has been helpful? I believe it is also a humectant so it will have the same effect that glycerin or honey will have on the hair. I prefer to DC with humectants as they seem to make my hair feel terrible when I leave them in.

Keep on tweaking, you'll find the right balance to give you what you're looking for! :)

@faithVA

I believe you've mentioned using glycerin regularly and it working for you, but that's how it made my hair feel..brittle. I only use it in my skin care mixes now. GL w/your new regi! We're here to help if you need us! :)

Thanks. I don't use glycerin regularly even though I probably should. I used glycerin my 1st 4 years of being natural and my hair felt good but I kept my hair in a twa. As my hair grew longer the glycerin made my hair feel sticky so I stopped using it. I use it every now and then on my ends. I am doing CG/conditioner only now so we will see how it goes.

Thanks. I don't use glycerin regularly even though I probably should. I used glycerin my 1st 4 years of being natural and my hair felt good but I kept my hair in a twa. As my hair grew longer the glycerin made my hair feel sticky so I stopped using it. I use it every now and then on my ends. I am doing CG/conditioner only now so we will see how it goes.

Sorry, my mistake. :(

Can't wait to read your experience with the method!

I'm 1 month natural after a 2 year and 8 month transition! Yay!
My hair is currently around BSL at it's longest strands! I was just at hip length before I cut off the relaxed ends!
Now just getting my hair to regain the moisture it lost whilst I was experimenting with shampoos and SLS cleansers prior to the chop! I now know that I just don't need shampoos EVER!
I will be uploading pics of my hair length check pre-BC on my fotki pretty soon!

Back