Not another relationship...Nooooo!

ocean74

Ya'll I just got out of a 8.5 year relationship(I left him). About 2 mths out of the relationship w/ my Ex, I met this guy...To make a long story short...This guy wants more than a friendship w/ me:nono::nono::nono:. I told him, I didn't want that bc I'm still healing from my past relationship, but he don't seem to understand that! Now he's sooo cool to conversate with, yet I can't give him what he want! I'm so confused right now:wallbash:...

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The worse thing you can do is to go into a new relationship w/o allowing yourself time to heal from the last. I think you're doing the right thing by giving yourself however much time you need to get past your past. If new guy is really a friend and wants you that much, he'll understand and will still be around after you're healed from the past.

Good luck!

I agree with deltadreamland. If he truly wants to be with you, he should respect your decision and be willing to wait until you're ready.

I agree with DeltaDreamLand, if he's wants more than a friendship he'll respect your wishes and wait.

What's his rush? I'm leary of men who want to rush things before you really get to know them.

You've only know him for 2 months, you're fresh out of an 8 year relationship. He has to prove he's a friend first and establish a solid friendship.

I Co-sign and that baby is sooo cute

The worse thing you can do is to go into a new relationship w/o allowing yourself time to heal from the last. I think you're doing the right thing by giving yourself however much time you need to get past your past. If new guy is really a friend and wants you that much, he'll understand and will still be around after you're healed from the past.

Good luck!

I'm in the same predicament right now. It may be a little different for me because I was only with my ex for about 3 years. But I expressed everything to the new guy I'm dating and he says that he can wait until I'm ready for something more. :yep: So, I will just have to see if he really can...

I wasn't even looking for a relationship or anything right now. I'm actually still dealing with getting my ex out of my life. He understands that and it is very refreshing that he is willing to be patient.

Back