Non-Water Based Hair Moisturizer

AMJMJR

Hi Ladies,
Do any of you have a recommendation on a good moisturizer that does not contain water and isn't too heavy?

Thanks,
April

Why are you looking for one that does not contain water? So that it will not revert your hair or cause frizziness.

There are some that pretty good at eliminating that and still contain water - ORS Olive oil cream (USE ONLY A LITTLE, THOUGH), Loreal Smooth Intense Leave in cream used on dry hair, or Soft&Beautiful Extra Lite Cream Moisturizer just to name afew.

You could also try using bi-weekly moisturizing deep conditions for your moisture needs and then using minimal products between washes.

Last edited:
I was looking for one that does not contain water because I don't want my hair to revert. Thanks for the tips.

Jane carter nourish n shine doesn't contain water. It is just three different kinds of butters ( kokum, illipe, and shea) and some essential oils. I use it every day and a little goes a LONG way.

HoneyDew said:
Why are you looking for one that does not contain water? So that it will not revert your hair or cause frizziness.

There are some that pretty good at eliminating that and still contain water - ORS Olive oil cream (USE ONLY A LITTLE, THOUGH), Loreal Smooth Intense Leave in cream used on dry hair, or Soft&Beautiful Extra Lite Cream Moisturizer just to name afew.

You could also try using bi-weekly moisturizing deep conditions for your moisture needs and then using minimal products between washes.

OT: But HoneyDew I always look forward to your siggies! :lol: You had me dying on "I chickened on the braids." Why did you take down the "pass or failures" of you challenges? I was too into it.

MizaniMami said:
OT: But HoneyDew I always look forward to your siggies! :lol: You had me dying on "I chickened on the braids." Why did you take down the "pass or failures" of you challenges? I was too into it.

I am going to put them back because now that I did not get the braids - I am back on my challenges. I just wanted to add quickly that I did not get the braids.

I am still blowdryer free, which I am really getting used to. And to think I used to wear braids like there was no tomorrow. Now I just don't feel like being bothered with the hours in the chair and the manipulation of my hair. I think I just need to figure out what to do with my hair. I have been getting discouraged in the style department. :look:

Back