Non Diamond Engagement Ring

LovelyLouboutin

Hi all,

My bf and I will be getting engaged soon. All this time i have been sending him pics of diamond engagement rings and yesterday I decided that I want a different gem.

I'd love to find a stone that is affordable right now but will increase in value over time.

I'd love to hear your thought/ideas/suggestions.

I remember someone on the board that is lives gemstones and is very knowledgeable about them. Please tag her. :)

Hi all,

My bf and I will be getting engaged soon. All this time i have been sending him pics of diamond engagement rings and yesterday I decided that I want a different gem.

I'd love to find a stone that is affordable right now but will increase in value over time.

I remember someone on the board that is lives gemstones and is very knowledgeable about them. Please tag her. :)

@Arcadian is who you're speaking of. I don't think she's on the board anymore.

Congrats.

Nice. I too would want a non diamond ring and a gold or rose gold ring. Im starting to find diamond and silver/platinum to expected. I would like a rose gold ring with some sort of pale pink stone. What colors do you lean towards OP?
Lately I've really liked the morganite and rose gold look. But the pale pink morganite (about $300/carat) does not increase in value in time.

I love alexandrite but I already have two alexandrite rings and a nice size stone would cost way more than a diamond.

Hi all,

Nothing sorry to burst your bubble

Thanks for this thread! I've been debating making this thread for like a week but after reading that moissanite thread I decided not to lol I have until September to find something I like, and I really don't want a diamond. I prefer gemstones because I love how they glow rather than sparkle like diamonds, and I like a bit of color. And for ethical and cliche reasons I don't want a diamond. I was thinking morganite at first too, but it's not that durable. So now I'm leaning toward white/peach/lavender sapphires or a spinel in the same colors. I absolutely love this morganite ring, and I haven't found anything I love more.

image.jpeg I want to either recreate it with an Emerald sapphire or radiant cut sapphire, but I don't know where to go for custom creations.

I want one eventually. We just have a lot of other things to save for. That extra $15000 can go towards our down payment on a house.
get a small diamond

Thanks for this thread! I've been debating making this thread for like a week but after reading that moissanite thread I decided not to lol I have until September to find something I like, and I really don't want a diamond. I prefer gemstones because I love how they glow rather than sparkle like diamonds, and I like a bit of color. And for ethical and cliche reasons I don't want a diamond. I was thinking morganite at first too, but it's not that durable. So now I'm leaning toward white/peach/lavender sapphires or a spinel in the same colors. I absolutely love this morganite ring, and I haven't found anything I love more.

View attachment 360653 I want to either recreate it with an Emerald sapphire or radiant cut sapphire, but I don't know where to go for custom creations.

pretty ring but morganites are soft

Cheers for you for looking at other stones! Screw the fake display of "diamonds"... you know they are all worthless right? The value is Manufactured! The money you pay will only benefit the diamond industry shareholders. Try selling a diamond you paid thousands for...

I had the same idea as you op, but after looking at many different gem stones in person, nothing really did it for me except diamonds... So that's what I got. I'd recommend you look at different gemstones in person. I didn't want to buy into the diamond hype either (being a modern woman and all :giggle:), but it really does visually perform other stones. Not to mention that most other gems aren't even hard enough to withstand the wear and tear that an engagement ring will endure.

You could also do Moissanite, but...
Lucille.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers for you for looking at other stones! Screw the fake display of "diamonds"... you know they are all worthless right? The value is Manufactured! The money you pay will only benefit the diamond industry shareholders. Try selling a diamond you paid thousands for...
You can't! The gold is worth more, not the diamond...

Back