Nioxin Smoothing shampoo question

kedra70

Since I'm part of the 2005 Supergrowout group, I decided to try the brand new Nioxin Smoothing Shampoo line. So far, I'm not liking the shampoo. The conditioner is okay, but I think both products are making my hair drier than normal and causing more hair to be lost during comb-out.

To the ladies that use this line, do you have the same problems? Do you use any other products during the comb-out process? Just to let you know, I spray a bit of Back To Basics detangling spray and Biolage Smoothing Milk and also use a dab of the Nioxin Silk Elixir before combing out.

Thanks.

Edited to add: I am soooooooo close to going back to my Elucence products, so hopefully, someone could give me some good suggestions. I really want these products to work. :)

Last edited:
I also found it drying when I started using it, it took my hair about 5 washes to get use to it, wierd but now I find it quite moisturizing. During those 5 washes I would follow it up with a moisturizing poo (con, elucence, breakthru)

I think the shampoo is drying b/c it has SLS in it. I use this system when I want to clarify my scalp and I want something that tingles. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis though if you want more moisture. The conditioner has always been really moisturizing for me too, but I think over time the shampoo is drying.

How come my scalp doesn't tingle when I use it?

I only use it about once a month when I use it too, it's my scalp detoxifier shampoo. :)

AHA! As soon as I started reading replies, I had my answer. I've been using this shampoo as my regular old shampoo. I don't follow it with a moisturizing shampoo. And I've been applying the conditioner on my hair and scalp. Hmmm ... I think I will start following it with my Elucence.

Like I always say, you can never go wrong with LHCF!!!! Thanks ladies!!!!

Try leaving it on longer for it to tingle. The shampoo doesn't tingle a bunch, just a little. I like to leave the conditioner on for 15-20 min w/ a cap. My head gets all warm :)

Back