Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I've been thinking about going back to 2 a day :look:, but I'm content with 1 a day bceause I haven't had any bad break outs :sad: just heavy breaks when its that time of the month :nono:.

I'm four days away from starting my second bottle. I am still taking Nioxin 2 times a day with 1 Biotin and drinking LOTS of water. I'm not sure I'm having the superfast growth spurt I thought I was at first because I am still in the 9-10 inches range. I know retention is not an issue so I'll just be patient and keep being consistent. On another note, my nails are A LOT stronger though so I'm thinking this has to be giving me a healthy hair boost too. Maybe this second bottle will be just what I need to see more growth.

IMG_20110816_214127.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new here I usually just lurk but I wanted to let everyone know that I started taking Nioxin on May 8. I tried doing 2x a day (every 12 hours) but missed a few doses here and there and I am now on my second 30 day bottle. The first month I did not notice any changes. I had one pimple appear that has since gone away.

Now that I'm on my second bottle I have noticed the following...my nails are growing. I am not really big on nails; always keep them cut down really short because they are weak. I actually painted them today and I love them.

I put yarn braids in last Thursday so I can't report on the hair growth part yet, but I did measure on the 8th, the day I started taking them and my bang was at the very tip of my nose and the back was at the base of my neck.

I have noticed extra hair growth in other places like my underarms, I went and had a waxing there for the first time. If you don't already do that I highly recommend it! I did have a bit more peach fuzz above my upper lip and on my jaw line. I could do without it but it wasn't hard to remove. I have a battery operated eyebrow trimmer that easily took it off without any problems. There is now “real” hair growing on my thighs, it used to be very fine and thin. There is also hair growing down my inner thigh that was also very fine and thin before.

I plan on taking my braids out beginning July 1 since it's a long weekend for me and will do a length check and post my findings.

Yesterday I started taking additional supplements, I'm up to 7 now...sheesh. In case anyone cares I take the following:

Nioxin - 2x day (every 12 hrs)
Foti Root - 2 x day
Garlic Oil - 2 x day
Biotin 2,500mcg - 1 x day
Vitamin C 1,000 - 1 x day
Iron w/Rosehips - 1 x day
Fish Oil 1,000 mg - 1 x day

I just order MSM powder and will add that to my daily routine, starting at 1,000 and working my way up to 2,000 or so.

Good luck to you all and HHG!

Finally took a photo, what a pain that is since I did not have anyone around to do it for me. So....I haven't been consistent with taking my supplements, I'm trying to do better. I started with good intentions but soon laziness and the thought of actually swallowing them all got the best of me. So I'm back on track and onto my third bottle of Nioxin, this time I purchased a 90 day supply. I haven't been taking two a day simply because in the morning I have to force myself to eat breakfast so I usually wait until lunch and most times dinner to take them and I'm asleep before the 12 hrs that I would need to wait to take the second dose or I just plain forget. I stripped my hair and went lighter on April 24th which I hated. I waited a few days and then went back darker using a rinse, however the color is fading and you can see the line and new growth. It's only 1.5" but I'll take it! I am really going to be diligent about taking my supplements every day on time...really I am. :grin: I also took measurements...Nape 6.25" Crown and bang are 8" How long do you think it will be in December?

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 83
im almost done with my first bottle i really dont see any changes as of yet but i guess i will wait for the 3 months boost

Found this on amazon and out of currently 193 reviews it has 4.5 out of 5 stars which is really good. So for the price of 23.99 and free shipping it is definitely worth a try. I will start off with 1 pill a day since I am taking 5000mg biotin and twinlab multi-vitamin daily and also MSM. I will evaluate results each month.

I started taking Nioxin in mid July(taking 1 per day). I took my install down Aug 8th, and I did notice that my hair was thicker, my nape is continuing to grow which is really promising. I have started taking two per day (at the same time in the A.M.) since then. My goal is to gain at least 1 inch per month.

ETA : My siggy is of my hair Aug 8th 2011.
Natural 4a/4b / flat ironed/ just trimmed.

I stopped taking my nioxin about 2wks ago. I could not take the breakouts. I still have about 70 pills left that I wont use

WELL......:sad: MY FACE IS DOING THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE :nono:....IVE BEEN OFF OF MINE FOR 2 WEEKS NOW !!!!.....AND IM BREAKING OUT EVERYWHERE ON MY FACE , EVEN ON THE SIDE OF MY NOSTRILS, (CRAZY HUH) :nono: !!!!!!! TOMORROW IS PAY DAY ! IM STOPPINGBY JC PENNY'S GOING TO THE SALON AND PICK UP ANOTHER BOTTLE A.S.A.P :yep:AND STAY ON THEM :perplexed

I'm hoping since it should be fully in my system now I start getting some amazing growth....any ladies 90 days in who are getting at least 1/2 inch or more a month?

I stopped taking after bottle one, two months. No insane growth, BUT, and i may be seeing things, I THINK my ng is softer....

taking my nioxin sometimes I take just one, others I take 2. Esp. when I forget to take my multi-vitamin.

Fo-Ti
MSM
Garlic Oil
Evening Primose

I'm hoping since it should be fully in my system now I start getting some amazing growth....any ladies 90 days in who are getting at least 1/2 inch or more a month?

Almost finished my 90 pill bottle and I have gotten an average of about an inch of growth a month
i love it

I'm taking the Nioxin but also alternating with 2 other types of hair vitamins because they all have different ingredients. So far I like the Nioxin vits (no funny taste, not difficult to digest, and I like the ingredients); and will post about more conclusive results after I have gotten at least 2 full bottles (60 pills) down. I'm only 1/2way thru the 30 day bottle.

Almost done with my 90 day bottle so I'm gonna go ahead and order another bottle. Wish I would've done it already while it was $23 on Amazon. Granted it's only $25 now, but still :lol:

WELL......:sad: MY FACE IS DOING THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE :nono:....IVE BEEN OFF OF MINE FOR 2 WEEKS NOW !!!!.....AND IM BREAKING OUT EVERYWHERE ON MY FACE , EVEN ON THE SIDE OF MY NOSTRILS, (CRAZY HUH) :nono: !!!!!!! TOMORROW IS PAY DAY ! IM STOPPINGBY JC PENNY'S GOING TO THE SALON AND PICK UP ANOTHER BOTTLE A.S.A.P :yep:AND STAY ON THEM :perplexed

I am gonna probably just take 1wk breaks at a time to finish the bottle and then probably order Hairfinity since most ladies say it helps clear up their skin.

Put in my install Aug 8th today (Aug 21) took down one of my braids in the back and it appears that I have gained at least half an inch in a 2 week span !:yay: Any other updated ladies ? If the vitamins are really working like the are suppose to be (i.e. 2inches in 1 month) where are the testamonies ? :look:

So far, no fantastical growth noticed. Nails & skin are pretty much the same as before.

Still supplementing with 5000 mcg of biotin, Omega-D3 and D3 (5000). Not sure whether its worth continuing or not.

I'm still doing 2 (at bed-time). I said I would give myself 6 months. So, I'll continue these until January and re-evaluate the situation.

I still have a bottle of Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, Nails I need to use up.

I bought a 90-day supply and should receive it by Tuesday. Here is my starting pic.

Attachments

• 0803111205.jpg
    0803111205.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 167
  • hair shot.jpg
    hair shot.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 161
Um I haven't taken my Nioxin in like almost a week because they came up missing, they were in my purse and now they have vanished. Hmm... IDK where they are. I haven't really been looking, but today I'm going to go on a manhunt to find them. I really don't want to buy another bottle knowing I have at least 2weeks worth left in a bottle that has to be somewhere in my house or car, you know. But if I don't find them by sat then I guess I'll have to buy a new bottle.

Um I haven't taken my Nioxin in like almost a week because they came up missing, they were in my purse and now they have vanished. Hmm... IDK where they are. I haven't really been looking, but today I'm going to go on a manhunt to find them. I really don't want to buy another bottle knowing I have at least 2weeks worth left in a bottle that has to be somewhere in my house or car, you know. But if I don't find them by sat then I guess I'll have to buy a new bottle.

mEmYSELFaNDjGirl it must be something in the air. I just found mine in my sock drawer after not taking them for almost a week.

Did anyone get their beard, mustache or chest hair yet??

virtuenow I have about 5-6 chin hairs & I'm having to pluck them all the time. Before I was only having to pluck about once a month. Thank God, no beard or chest hairs.

Back