Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I don't know if I have a scar in the middle of my scalp or if it was just extremly sore :nono:...

Because as I took down my weave tonight the middle of my hair was tender, but I did a rub for like 5 minutes and the pain with away ugghhh (that never happen to me before).

I really like these pills, but I think I'm going to add extra biotin for my nails. They are strong but the tops seem like they are a bit easier to peel.

EllePixie Same here! My nails have definitely strengthen up some since taking these pill, I've chipped two nails (small chips) since beginning the pills on April 20th, but the tops peel so easily... it's a bit annoying.

EllePixie Same here! My nails have definitely strengthen up some since taking these pill, I've chipped two nails (small chips) since beginning the pills on April 20th, but the tops peel so easily... it's a bit annoying.

Yea I don't know what it is, maybe it's not enough biotin...but I wasn't a fan. Rite Aid had Biotin for BOGO, so I got 2 5000mcg bottles w/ 60 each.

HEY LOVES!!! I JUST SUSCRIBED LIKE 5 SEC AGO!!->:yep:
WELL ANYWAYS I STARTED NIOXIN TWO MONTHS AGO (2 A DAY) AND IM LIKE SPEECHLESS!!
I HAD A SETBACK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EDGES WHERE THEY WERE COMPLETELY BALD!!(LONG STORY) AND AFTER ONE MONTH OF NIOXIN I GOT 1 INCH OF HAIR GROWTH WITH COMPLETE FULLNESS!!
NOW TWO MONTHS POST I HAVE ALMOST TWO INCHES OF NEWGROWTH & THE BEST PART LONGER FULLER LASHES!!!:yay: AT FIRST I DIDNT NOTICE THEM UNTIL MY COUSIN GOT MAD AT ME AND TRIED TO PULL THEM OFF THINKING THEY WERE FALSIES!! LOL & NOW I GET LOTS OF COMPLIMENTS!!
SORRY FOR THE LIFE STORY !! LOL

You'll gonna make me hope on this thing right here.

I've been wanting to get back on vitamins since I work out. This seem like something that will benefit me in more areas than hair.

I really like these pills, but I think I'm going to add extra biotin for my nails. They are strong but the tops seem like they are a bit easier to peel.

I'm experiencing the peeling too... I thought it was just me. I polish my nails regularly, so I thought it was the acetone. This didn't happen when I used the Nioxin last year. :perplexed

I'm experiencing the peeling too... I thought it was just me. I polish my nails regularly, so I thought it was the acetone. This didn't happen when I used the Nioxin last year. :perplexed

I usually keep my nails polished to protect them, and while I was using biotin I definitely didn't have this issue. I just cut my nails about a week ago and I can even see where the tops are growing in uneven.

I usually keep my nails polished to protect them, and while I was using biotin I definitely didn't have this issue. I just cut my nails about a week ago and I can even see where the tops are growing in uneven.

I've always been a chronic nail peeler, which is why my nails never really grow very long. With the excessive peeling it's hard for me to not exacerbate the problem.

I've been trying to keep them polished and cut the tips as they grow, but they just continue to peel. I think I'll have try the Biotin, thanks.

Glad I saw this today because my nails are peeling too and I only noticed it after my 90 days on nioxin. My nails and hair grew like crazy though. I thought something was wrong with me when my nail started peeling.

Glad I saw this today because my nails are peeling too and I only noticed it after my 90 days on nioxin. My nails and hair grew like crazy though. I thought something was wrong with me when my nail started peeling.

Omg wow you too!! This is interesting - I really thought that it was a combination of me bike riding and being tougher on my nails. I started my biotin yesterday so I will let you guys know if the peelings stops.

growinghealthyhair If you are scared of acne, make sure you don't get the super super biotin supplements (5000mcg), just get 1000mcg. I'm not biotin sensitive though, I used to take 2 of the 5000mcg pills sometimes and didn't have any ill effects. I drink a lot of water as well.

EllePixie how much water do you drink?? I really need to start back. I was doing so well before. And I can tell that I haven't been drinking as much lately. So I really need to start!! I'm going to pick up the vitamins today :) Do you also take a multi with your nioxin/biotin ??

EllePixie how much water do you drink?? I really need to start back. I was doing so well before. And I can tell that I haven't been drinking as much lately. So I really need to start!! I'm going to pick up the vitamins today :) Do you also take a multi with your nioxin/biotin ??

A lot, I love water. Probably at least 6 glasses a day, and more when I'm working out. I get thirsty like a bandit! And yes, I take a whole food vitamin with my others - I am anemic so I need the iron.

I just picked mine up from the Post Office on Saturday. I'm taking 1 per day. I'll report back in 90 days with a length check. I'll give it the full time.

typically I have my vitamins at my desk so i'm pretty disciplined.

EllePixie

Great. I think I will start taking a multi-vitamin and biotin while i'm waiting on my nioxin to get here. Atleast my hair will get SOMETHING it really responds well with vitamins. I don't know why I didn't realize this earlier in my journey.

I've had the peeling nails as well ladies. They are growing but I can't keep them because they keep peeling. Thank you for posting a possible solution I need to take some biotin. :-)

Hi Ladies:hiya:,
Just wanted to give my four week update. I started the pills 1 a day for the first two weeks just to see how I would respond to them. Then I went on to 2 a day for the past two weeks.
The first thing I noticed was my eyelashes getting longer, then my nails getting so long they had to be cut down every week. I like them shorter.

My lashes are out of control right now as some of them tend to grow in the wrong direction and irritate my eye. I have to get one of those eyelash curler things.

As far as my hair I keep it braided straight back under a half wig or lace front. I leave out about 1 inch in the front to help blend wit the wig even my lace fronts (I just don't like the way the front looks artificial :nono:).

So this was my first breakdown since I started the pills and my hair has grown over an inch since last month:Copy of 2cool:. It is even thicker and I already had thick hair. I washed my hair in WEN Fig Conditioning Cleanser then let the WEN DC overnight. When I washed it out my hair felt heavy it that makes sense. Like there is more bulk than before. I stretched it and I am definitely getting closer to APL. :meme:

I'm in the Hide Your Hair challenge and we reveal at the end of this month so I'll post pics then. Hope I make APL!

I would recommend Nioxin because it has helped my hair grow and thicken. It works!!
I'm all braided back up now but I can't wait for my reveal at the end of June.

HHG Ladies!

starting:
4/11:

5/11 (after a month on nioxin)

its been almost 2 months (will be on the 11th), but i was taking pics for another challenge, and i dont think my growth is gonna change that much in 5 days:

also my nails have been peeling too like CRAZY! and they're not even growing! i think i'm gonna start taking a low dosage of biotin too and see if that helps.

Last edited:
@Drtondalia Awesome news! The thickening is something that I noticed too after a few weeks. It also curbed my beast-mode shedding so that could also be a factor.

@iri9109 Woahhhh!!! Great growth. I want to convince my sister to take these since she colors her hair. She would be a great <STRIKE>guinea pig</STRIKE>. But she says the pills look like elephant bullets. :(

I've been combating the flaking nails by simply keeping them short. I can't take more biotin than what this supplement has, at least not in pill form. For some reason taking the pill every 12 hrs pm & am, I would get a cystic bump near my chin, which wasn't surprising. However, since taking 2 in one shot at night before bed, It seems I don't have that problem anymore. I've been on this 2 at night for a week now. Nothing else has changed diet/water wise (Actually I could stand to drink more) just no pill in the am.

Last edited:
I have been reading through this entire thread for the last 3 days. I've read those come and go and those who have maintained and gotten some interesting results. I'm currently taking the supplements in my signature and have quite a bit to finish. To include a Super Biotin that GNC apparently came out with that I haven't even opened. So while I'm not going to purchase the Nioxin just yet, I am going to try and start documenting my growth here soon. I'm not supposed to do a length check for another 2 weeks or so, but I'm hoping to get my hair braided this week, which will be an excuse to blow it out.

I'm fairly good at taking my supps and drink tons of water, so this thread and EllePixie, GJIna, and iri9109 have been a great inspiration to not only document, but maintain my intake. And maybe when I get through these if there is nothing spectacular I'll buy this.

Thanks everyone for the unintended motivation!!!

I'm finish with Nioxin. It broke my face out SOMETHING FIERCE!!! I have bumps on my CHEEKS!!!

Now, I'm drinking plenty of water to clean my system. I think I'm just going to buy biotin and give it a try.

I would love the fast growth, but not at the expense of my face breaking out....

I am surprise at how many people have broken out on Nioxin. For me it has been the ONLY vitamin not to cause me to break out. Huh, I am also takin Alpha Lipoic Acid (irregularly).

I am surprise at how many people have broken out on Nioxin. For me it has been the ONLY vitamin not to cause me to break out. Huh, I am also takin Alpha Lipoic Acid (irregularly).

Me too! Biotin was the worst for me and I don't break out. It was a mess! Nioxin gave my skin a healthy internal glow initially, but now it's back to regular, not bad, just status quo for me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I got my biotin today :-) I purchased what my doctor has prescribed to me a while ago which is Biotin Forte any of you ladies familiar with this one ? EllePixie

Also picked up a multi :)

I've never tried that one but I've used a few different kinds of biotin and IMO they are all pretty much the same, it's more the dosage that is important.

Back to one pill & my face is clearing up nicely.

I started May 9th & I haven't noticed any significant changes in my hair length but then again I may need to press & flat iron to be sure.

Back