Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Question for those who are taking two at once. Why would this yield better results than taking them at different times? I just started taking two a day about a week ago, one in the morning/afternoon and one at night. Nioxin isn't time-released, so wouldn't taking them both at once just make what isn't needed by your body at that time go through your system quicker? At least that's how it works with multivitamins.

I have been taking them since Decemeber, and I love them ( and i am only taking 1 per day) But you will notice hair growth everywhere. My Eyebrows, Eyelashes, legs, arm pits have also grown faster LOL ..but I am currently grazing...mid back, and I think If they keep working this good, I may be full midback/approaching waist length by the end of the year

Oh wow...good heads up! Thank you!

Update:

Well I stopped the pills after 6weeks due to freakish growth. One month at 1 pill per day; and two weeks at 2/day. I must tell you, I experienced hideous growth...I mean Teen wolf type growth. I am not a hairy woman...and started getting a hair where I didn't know I had a hair follicle. I can't get with that...stopped the pills that day. Not to mention, the hair is painful, itchy, & throbbing as it grows in (ouch). My scalp was very tender. its like the hair has a life of its own

Question for those who are taking two at once. Why would this yield better results than taking them at different times? I just started taking two a day about a week ago, one in the morning/afternoon and one at night. Nioxin isn't time-released, so wouldn't taking them both at once just make what isn't needed by your body at that time go through your system quicker? At least that's how it works with multivitamins.

Water solubles Yes!

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Taking 2 a day & my chin is breaking out something crazy maybe its because Aunt Flo is here visiting also, but damn I have like 10 bumps!

I got my Nioxin last night and took the first one this morning. I'm going to take my before pics this weekend and take my after on Dec 31.

Update:

Well I stopped the pills after 6weeks due to freakish growth. One month at 1 pill per day; and two weeks at 2/day. I must tell you, I experienced hideous growth...I mean Teen wolf type growth. I am not a hairy woman...and started getting a hair where I didn't know I had a hair follicle. I can't get with that...stopped the pills that day. Not to mention, the hair is painful, itchy, & throbbing as it grows in (ouch). My scalp was very tender. its like the hair has a life of its own

Yikes, I'm sorry you had that experience! I'm going on three weeks and, so far, nothing out of the ordinary. Will be monitoring very closely.

All I can say is my health has improved greatly with this vitamin. Also, I am not eating as much and it is PMS week. No bloating, no muscle cramps, and no mood swings.:lol: I am firming up without exercise. I am taking 2 day without being a she wolf. I believe I will be repurchasing this vitamin. Thank you to the original poster. My hair is growing OK. I have noticed that my eye lashes have gotten longer and look more thick. My hair on my body is also more soft and easier to shave. No freakish growth there, though.

previous post

beginning (3/27)
IMG151-1-1.jpg

5/09
IMG235-1.jpg

5/25

IMG284.jpg

dayem, nice growth!...if i must say so muhself!

ITA- I didnt see a boost until I split up the dosage.

Well, I had projected that I would finish the bottle today at 2 pills a day. I have 6 days worth left, lol! Somebody wasn't consistent with the routine. Maybe I got an inch of growth over the last 45 days? I'll have to do another comparison pic this weekend.

I've noticed that I had more breakouts around my chin area like some of you have been saying! They're more the hard cystic type which is not surprising to me because I know biotin does this to me. But drinking A LOT more water helps. I was taking 1 every 12hrs but since yesterday I've decided I would take 2 at night before bed since my body is in a rest state. Has there been a big difference for anyone taking 2 at night versus splitting it up throughout the day?

I haven't had any hairy business, the pimples are manageable, my nails STILL flake despite growing out fast, & maybe just maybe I got a bit of accelerated hair growth, so I bought another bottle. This time I'm going to measure the length of my hair than do a another tape measure check at the end of the next 45 days.

Darn thing accidentally posted early...

Last edited:
Taking 2 a day & my chin is breaking out something crazy maybe its because Aunt Flo is here visiting also, but damn I have like 10 bumps!

Basically you will breakout and get bumpy type things before the hair starts to grow there. Beware, a beard may start springing thru soon. I stopped the pills just in time to prevent this. I'm still monitoring, however.

Side note: I wonder if I can crush the remainder of my pills and appy them topicallly. Afterall, the only place I wanted advanced hair growth was my crown area! I think I remember someone mentioned crushing the pills; has anyone done this yet??

Yikes, I'm sorry you had that experience! I'm going on three weeks and, so far, nothing out of the ordinary. Will be monitoring very closely.

Its like someone said, you will start to notice at 6weeks (if you're consistent). I didn't see anything for a while, and then right at 6weeks, hair was springing up out of nowhere. My head was throbbing (not headache, but hair growth "pains") and I knew the hair was coming through vigorously. That would be fine if the head was the only place hair was coming in.

I'm about 5 weeks in and no chin hair, my acne subsided, consider Persa Gel by Clean and Clear. Wielded immediately, and I'm acne prone.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Well, I had projected that I would finish the bottle today at 2 pills a day. I have 6 days worth left, lol! Somebody wasn't consistent with the routine. Maybe I got an inch of growth over the last 45 days? I'll have to do another comparison pic this weekend.

I've noticed that I had more breakouts around my chin area like some of you have been saying! They're more the hard cystic type which is not surprising to me because I know biotin does this to me. But drinking A LOT more water helps. I was taking 1 every 12hrs but since yesterday I've decided I would take 2 at night before bed since my body is in a rest state. Has there been a big difference for anyone taking 2 at night versus splitting it up throughout the day?

I haven't had any hairy business, the pimples are manageable, my nails STILL flake despite growing out fast, & maybe just maybe I got a bit of accelerated hair growth, so I bought another bottle. This time I'm going to measure the length of my hair than do a another tape measure check at the end of the next 45 days.

Darn thing accidentally posted early...

Wow!! that's some great growth, but are your dates mixed up on ya pics. And you got this by taking two a day?

I starting removing my braids and I think I'm getting a growth spurt. I've been having a sore scalp so I hope it means that these vitamins are helping with growth.

Its like someone said, you will start to notice at 6weeks (if you're consistent). I didn't see anything for a while, and then right at 6weeks, hair was springing up out of nowhere. My head was throbbing (not headache, but hair growth "pains") and I knew the hair was coming through vigorously. That would be fine if the head was the only place hair was coming in.

I already have ridiculous hair growth anyway as a result of my PCOS, so I don't think the Nioxin will do anything that that hasn't already :nono:

I've been taking nioxin since April 4- one a day. I missed 4 days because I bought the 30 day bottle and had to get more. Initially, my skin was glowing. I haven't had any break outs, but my skin is normally very clear. It is also very dry. Within the last week, I've noticed this is no longer the case. It seems my moisturizer of 3 years is now too heavy and my skin has been off. I didnt use it today and my skin is hydrated on it's own. Strange, but I will take it.

I will relax on June 5th and hope to report good results. My new growth feels uber thick, but I'm not good at estimating inches and whatnot. I haven't experienced "growth pains" or hair in places where it wasn't before. Hair does grow back quickly when I shave my legs- much faster than before.

Happy hair growing! Please keep checking in with your progress and responses. It's very helpful and encouraging to read.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm not sure how much these vitamins cost at Smart Style Salons in the Walmart Supercenters but Smart Style has buy one get one 50% off on Nioxin products this month.

Back