Nexxus Headdress

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
I have some... I haven't tried it yet because I think that it's stinky. It smells like cheap pperfume.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh.gif
??? I like the smell a lot!!
smile.gif

bumping,

I was actually going to use headress today at my salon for my rollerset (along with diametress and humectress to give my hair extra bounce). Does anyone know if it is a heavy leave in, or does it leave hair feeling light and soft (like Salerm for example)?

TIA :)

Cami said:
I love Nexxus headress also, but stopped using it because of it's alcohol content-which dries the hair out tremondously. I've found a better one IMO that's alcohol free and contains jojoba oil as one of it's main ingredients. It's Barry Flecthcer's Alcohol Free setting lotion (you can order from 1-800-FLETCH4) and will give your hair body and health that you wouldn't believe. I"ve used Nexxus headress for about 10 yrs, but once I switched to Barry Flecther's leave-in, I was truly amazed! Barry Flecther is Halle Berry's main stylist, and he's also a stylist for a list of celebrities. He has his own hair line and salon (I believe in NY), but I must say that this is a winner over the Nexxus Headress because it contains more protein, NO ALCOHOL, and jojoba oil. I just thought I'd share my .2 cents...
smile.gif

Been using headress for over 10 years myself and just wanted to clarify that the "cetyl alcohol" and "stearyl alcohol" in headress are *fatty* alcohols that are more like oils and are really emolients/lubricants and very mositurizing -- very very different chemically from common rubbing alcohol a/k/a "isopropyl alcohol" or even ethanol, which are both drying. A google search will reveal that:

**Cetyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol useful in cosmetic formulating for thickening, conditioning, opacity and emollience. Usually derived from coconut wax**

**stearyl alcohol" is a waxy solid alcohol formerly obtained from whale or dolphin oil and used as a lubricant and antifoam agent and as an emollient (skin softener), emulsifier, and thickener in creams and lotions. It is now manufactured by chemical reduction of stearic acid**

Headress has always given my 4b relaxed hair superior results, which is why I'm still using. It is also an excellent leave-in that is 'cone free for those trying to avoid 'cones . .

Headdress ingredients: Water, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids (Vegetable Ceramide), Keratin Amino Acids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado Oil, Glycine Soja Sterol, Ceramide 3, Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl 3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Magnesium Citrate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Chloride, PEG 75 Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

Back