Nexxus Headdress

butterscotch

I know I'm late with this, but I just wanted to sing the praises of Nexxus Headdress. It makes my already thick hair bouncy with lots of body! Special thanks to BrownRelaxedHair and Lindy for their suggestions. Even though I don't post on every thread, I do check for input/advice from both of you.

As a former product junkie (2 1/2 years sober), I'm always weary of the "latest and greatest" product that promises to do everything under the sun, but this is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have ever used.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Special thanks to BrownRelaxedHair and Lindy for their suggestions. Even though I don't post on every thread, I do check for input/advice from both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaaw!! I'm flattered!!
smile.gif
So glad you liked the Headdress! It truly is a great leave-in.
up.gif

I've never tried it but just ordered a bottle online and I can't wait to try it out. I've been using Pantene-leave-in and while it does make my hair shiny, it makes it stiff and hard. There's no movement or bounce to my hair. I also ordered Nexxus Therappe. I hope the combination will bring a much needed change to the way I shampoo and condition my hair.

If you have any other tips, please send them my way!!

CaramelKiss,

Nexxus Therappe is a great shampoo, but if you want added thickness, you should try Nexxus Diametress. The combination of Nexxus Diametress - Nexxus Humectress (with heat for 10 minutes) - Nexxus Headdress works wonders for my hair. I just added Nexxus Headdress to my regimen and I can't believe how great my hair looks and feels.

I'm a firm believer of, "less is more", so as far as a Nexxus regimen is concerned, I think it's tops.

Speaking of the nexxus line, some have recommended using nexxus keraphix like 3 days before a relaxer and nexxus emergencee after (about 5 days). do you think that it is necesary to buy both products or would one do for both?

soslychic,

You just reminded me of how much I love Nexxus
smile.gif
smile.gif

I use all of these products depending on the look I want to achieve, and I use Nexxus Emergencee 5 days before and 5 days after a relaxer. I only use Nexxus Keraphix when I need a protein" boost", usually once a month.

If you do decide to follow the Emergencee only method, please use a moisturizing conditioner like Nexxus Humectress. 10 minutes with heat should do the trick. Let me know which regimen you choose.

I love Nexxus headress also, but stopped using it because of it's alcohol content-which dries the hair out tremondously. I've found a better one IMO that's alcohol free and contains jojoba oil as one of it's main ingredients. It's Barry Flecthcer's Alcohol Free setting lotion (you can order from 1-800-FLETCH4) and will give your hair body and health that you wouldn't believe. I"ve used Nexxus headress for about 10 yrs, but once I switched to Barry Flecther's leave-in, I was truly amazed! Barry Flecther is Halle Berry's main stylist, and he's also a stylist for a list of celebrities. He has his own hair line and salon (I believe in NY), but I must say that this is a winner over the Nexxus Headress because it contains more protein, NO ALCOHOL, and jojoba oil. I just thought I'd share my .2 cents...
smile.gif

Sure, not a problem. If everyone likes Nexxus headress, maybe they should stick with it. I know that since I'm more concerned with the health of my hair, I want to eliminate any type of hair dressing, leave-in, moisturizers, conditioners that has alcohol in it. If you look at the ingredients of the Nexxus Headress, ALCOHOL is the 3rd ingredient. It also contains STEARYL ALCOHOL also-it's in the middle of the ingredients. I was told to always search for products according to the first six ingredients (the first ingredient listed is the most potent (water), the second is second most potent(panthenol-a good one), then it's CETYL ALCOHOL which is the 3rd ingredient-I still have the old bottle, I'm reading it off right now. I don't care how good it makes my hair look, that's enough for me to stop in my tracks and turn to something else. But like I said before, if everyone else is happy with it, great. I just wanted to post another healthier alternative that gives better results IMO. Here are the ingredients (just a few from the top) in Barry Fletcher's Moisture Silk Alcohol Free Setting Lotion:

1)Deionized Water
2)Polyquarternium 11
3)Glycerin
4)Hydrolized Keratin Amino Acids
5)Jojoba Oil
6)Panthenol

The Nexxus Headress has some great ingredients too, but for those who are concious about the alcohol content of a product, Barry Flecther's leave-in is great and gives great results. I still look down on deep conditioners that contain alchol and will use it because I'm rinsing it out. But if it's something that I'm leaving in my hair, it's a no no for me. Just thought I'd share.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info Cami. I never realized that the Nexxus headdress had alcohol in it, I'll have to stop using the headdress now
frown.gif

Aww, don't be sad. It is a great product, I just don't like the alcohol.

Cami,

I heard that Cetyl Alcohol was a good one, it's like a thickener, something along those lines. I heard the bad one was SD40.

Just sharing.

Essence Magazine featured product ingredients that nourish the hair in their February 2003 issue. Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol are two fatty alcohols with emollient and moisturizing properties, meant to keep the hair hydrated. They are also often used to thicken and stabilize products. Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss,

Nexxus Therappe is a great shampoo, but if you want added thickness, you should try Nexxus Diametress. The combination of Nexxus Diametress - Nexxus Humectress (with heat for 10 minutes) - Nexxus Headdress works wonders for my hair. I just added Nexxus Headdress to my regimen and I can't believe how great my hair looks and feels.

I'm a firm believer of, "less is more", so as far as a Nexxus regimen is concerned, I think it's tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Butterscotch! I've heard lots of goodstuff about the products you've mentioned. I'm excited now!! Can hardly wait for my products to arrive!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm late with this, but I just wanted to sing the praises of Nexxus Headdress. It makes my already thick hair bouncy with lots of body! Special thanks to BrownRelaxedHair and Lindy for their suggestions. Even though I don't post on every thread, I do check for input/advice from both of you.

As a former product junkie (2 1/2 years sober), I'm always weary of the "latest and greatest" product that promises to do everything under the sun, but this is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have ever used.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you liked it! I haven't used mine in a little while but I do occasionally when I want some thickness and yes, it definitely delivers. I like it alot. Also New Image Damage Free Thermal Conditioner does this too. (from Sallys).

Enjoy Headdress
wink.gif

I haven't tried the Nexxus Headdress, but I do use the Keraphix and Emergencee and it's great! I use the Keraphix one week before my relaxer and the Emergencee one week after and again about 6-7 weeks later.

Just cosigning....I love Headdress! I also use it on my daughter's natural hair and the tangles just drop right out!
smile.gif

Most leave-ins or styling lotions contain alcohol because they know that people do not like to sit under the dryer, so alcohol speeds up the drying process, not the drying out process. One of my old favorites - Dudley Q's styling foam - uses alcohol for this reason.

I might try the Barry Fletcher - AFTER my headdress runs out...

[ QUOTE ]
Essence Magazine featured product ingredients that nourish the hair in their February 2003 issue. Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol are two fatty alcohols with emollient and moisturizing properties, meant to keep the hair hydrated. They are also often used to thicken and stabilize products. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you pointed this out because when people see the word alcohol they think of the rubbing alcohol. all alcohols arent created equal. so its good that you put that out there so people wouldnt steer clear of a product when they see that listed.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Yea the 2 types of alcohol in headdress are not damaging at all. If you search on cosmeticcops.com you'll see the type that are. The 2 in headress are thickeners are something else I forgot, but it specifically mentions that they are not damaging. Thanks for posting that though Cami. You made me do some research: )
wink.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
bump
I just purchased this today!!! I plan on using it as a daily moisturizer
smile.gif
I already like it

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad you like it dena, it's a really good light leave in.

Just adding that I love it too. I was just not feeling those liquid leave-ins at all. I have also mixed it with a little Kiehl's Creme and applied to wet hair...it's phenomenal on my head.

[ QUOTE ]
DeQuendre said:
Just adding that I love it too. I was just not feeling those liquid leave-ins at all. I have also mixed it with a little Kiehl's Creme and applied to wet hair...it's phenomenal on my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, love Headress much better than the liquid leave-ins. The liquids left my hair stiff and cruchy. I have to try Kiehls. I haven't been there for a long time, I'll make sure to give that a try.

I love it too! I've been using Headdress as a leave-in since I came to LHCF. It detangles so well and my hair loves all the bounce and body it gets. It doesn't leave much shine though when used alone so I make sure I'm adding my oils after applying it.

I have not used my nexxus headdress in a while I have been using Salerm 21 I forgot this good leave-in also.

Back