Newslady's BC pics thanks to Salon Balisi

newslady

I've been daydreaming of going natural for years now.
But my career held me back.
Now that I'm not on TV AND pregnant, I thought this would be the perfect time to do it.
Watching "Good Hair" in the theater last week kind of solidified my decision.

So I chose Sharon/Salon Balisi as my "BC pro" since I really liked my first salon visit when she flat ironed my transitioning hair.
My last relaxer was in May, right before my wedding. So I transitioned for almost 5 months.
My only regret.....I should have brought a HAT to the salon cuz it was rather cold and chilly when I left the salon with a "baby fro"!!!

Now begins the search for products to give me some curl or definition.
Sharon warned me what's on my head may be scab hair, so I'm prepared for another chop, if necessary.
A sista who works at the nearby Whole Foods is a 4 a/b like me and raved about the Kinky Curly Line so I'll be giving that a try.

Here are a few pics of my big day.
There's also a slideshow of my BC day on my personal blog. The link is in my siggy.

MUCH LOVE TO BALISI!!!
She was thoughtful enough to put my relaxed ends aside so I could take them home. DH thought that was weird but I cherish the moment I let this hair go and realize how dull/lifeless it looks vs. the possibilities I can have with my natural hair.

Attachments

• natural hair cut.jpg
    natural hair cut.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 198
  • natural hair midcut.jpg
    natural hair midcut.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 178
  • natural side pic.jpg
    natural side pic.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 202
  • old relaxed hair.jpg
    old relaxed hair.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 171
Newslady.., your BC is simply cute, brings out your features so well! You are not wasting time..recently married and pregnant too..You are doing it!!

I really appreciate all the love ladies.
My family hasn't been as supportive.
My sister who has APL wavy hair immediately said "I don't like it!" when she saw the pics.
My Mother who wears wigs most of the time said "You're really running out of things to do with yourself."
My Dad, a former hairdresser who things ONLY long hair is pretty, was utterly confused and speechless when I told him. I tried to explain that all LONG hair, isn't healthy hair and I'm trying to give my hair a fresh start and treat it properly.
He wasn't feeling it.

Oh well, DH is psyched about it since he has a pretty big natural fro/curl combination on his head.
He's rubbing my head about 10 times a day now and just said "I'm excited to see your fro grow baby!"
That's one of the millions of reasons I love that man.
I attached a pic of him on our wedding day so you can see his hair that he's so FREAKING proud of.

Attachments

• Wedding photos 290.jpg
    Wedding photos 290.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 10
I really appreciate all the love ladies.
My family hasn't been as supportive.
My sister who has APL wavy hair immediately said "I don't like it!" when she saw the pics.
My Mother who wears wigs most of the time said "You're really running out of things to do with yourself."
My Dad, a former hairdresser who things ONLY long hair is pretty, was utterly confused and speechless when I told him. I tried to explain that all LONG hair, isn't healthy hair and I'm trying to give my hair a fresh start and treat it properly.
He wasn't feeling it.

Oh well, DH is psyched about it since he has a pretty big natural fro/curl combination on his head.
He's rubbing my head about 10 times a day now and just said "I'm excited to see your fro grow baby!"
That's one of the millions of reasons I love that man.
I attached a pic of him on our wedding day so you can see his hair that he's so FREAKING proud of.

His hair is awesome! Awwww....it's so great to have a man truly appreciate you! My hubby of over 16 years twirls my twists around and around when we are relaxing. It's one of my favortie things...Congrats again!

Back