Balisi and Mizani Thermasmooth are the Bomb!

tnorenberg said:
Are the Mizani Thermasmooth line available in retail for non-professionals to purchase? or do I have to get it at a salon?

I've seen it in Beauty supply stores. I think Ulta might sell a trial size/travel version of all the products.

divinefavor said:
I decided to treat myself for Mother's Day and get my hair shampooed and conditioned. I hadn't been to Balisi in a year nor have I been to a salon in so long. I went to see Balisi (LHCF Member) to get my hair done this morning!!! I am 11 weeks post relaxer and boy do I have a lot of new growth (thanks to BT). All I can say is WOW!!!! :eek: Mizani Thermasmooth is the Bomb!!!It looks like I got a touch up today instead of my hair shampooed and conditioned! MY hair is so soft, silky, and bouncy. And as always, Balisi is such a wonderful stylist!!! She took very good care of me, I always enjoy going to her.

Here's a pic, please excuse the fact that I didn't comb before having my son snap the picture.

2007-05-12001.jpg

I just posted a thread asking for stylist in NY to do my hair on my wedding day. Could you let me know if your stylist is in ny and if he/she can do natural hair?

Thanks in Advance.

divinefavor said:
Hi Curlie Rae!!! I think I saw you sitting in the waiting area. Is your sister the one with all of that thick and beautiful natural hair?

Your hair is gorgeous!!!

Thanks Divine!
I was the natural getting my hair washed when you were at the dryer.

~CR

Meli said:
I just posted a thread asking for stylist in NY to do my hair on my wedding day. Could you let me know if your stylist is in ny and if he/she can do natural hair?

Thanks in Advance.

Balisi is in Atlanta and she does natural hair. Balisi has natural hair.

LADIES, your hair looks wonderful . i would try the thermasmooth today , but Im trying to stay away from heat :( i will try it for my next relaxer though

curlie rae said:
Divine,
I think I came into the shop right after you (I was the natural who came in with her sister)! I was wondering if you were a member of LHCF (I'm a newbie). So I wanted to post my "testimony" too. Balisi did a wonderful job on my hair and it is withstanding the ATL heat and humidity. She was also soooo gentle in combing it out etc. I attached a pic below. Its the end of the day and looking a little rough cause it was blowing in the wind all day at the Sweet Auburn festival but I'm going to wrap it up tonight and it will be all good for my graduation tomorrow. Highly recommended.:)
I don't see your pic! I wanna seeeeeeee!!!!!
:lol:

Hey, thanks for all the compliments, ladies. It's Tuesday night and it still looks stick straight, even my curly new growth. I saw the small bottles of the Mizani system in my local BSS for $19.99, so I think I'm going to purchase it and see if I can achieve this look myself at home. That will be my real test.

Oh ... and Curlie Rae, you have my dream hair!! So beautiful and thick!

curlie rae said:
Sorry! I'm still trying to get the hang of inserting pics. :lol:
here you go....
IMG_1160.jpg

Oh ok...so you're the one I was talking to. I was admiring your beautiful natural hair! :lol: I remember thinking to myself if this woman isn't from LHCF, then she probably thinks I'm crazy asking her questions about her beautiful natural thick hair. :lol:

TaraDyan said:
Hey, thanks for all the compliments, ladies. It's Tuesday night and it still looks stick straight, even my curly new growth. I saw the small bottles of the Mizani system in my local BSS for $19.99, so I think I'm going to purchase it and see if I can achieve this look myself at home. That will be my real test.

Oh ... and Curlie Rae, you have my dream hair!! So beautiful and thick!

Mine still looks good as well...but, I think I'm about ready to pin this hair up though.

divinefavor said:
Mine still looks good as well...but, I think I'm about ready to pin this hair up though.

I know what you mean. I want to pin mine up too. Truth be told, I actually want to wash it because it is too straight. It won't hold any curl and just hangs straight like white girl hair. I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually miss my poofy hair. :lol:

TaraDyan said:
I know what you mean. I want to pin mine up too. Truth be told, I actually want to wash it because it is too straight. It won't hold any curl and just hangs straight like white girl hair. I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually miss my poofy hair. :lol:

:grin: I feel you on that!

Back