Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

i currently have shoulder lenght hair goal is bra strap lenght

relax every 8 weeks

wash weekly 1 week at home 1 week at salon

trying to get at home styles for my wash weeks at home(any sugesstions are welcome)

i take womans 1 a day multi vitmins and b-12

attempting to up h2o intake

hey!!! When i'm at home and i don't want to make a trip to the salon, i usually do simple styles that require little or no heat such as rollersets or wraps. I usually air dry when i do these but u can use heat. U can also do a silk wrap. If all else fails, i just blowdry and then flat iron and pincurl it at night.

HEY LADIES

I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE I CANT EXPRESS HOW PROUD I AM OF FINDINGME, GALADRIEL KLOMAX AND FIYA FOR HOLDING THIS THREAD DOWN.. WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES....

I AM CURRENTLY IN A FULL SEW IN WEAVE NOW CAUSE ITS EASIER FOR ME WITH WORK AND MY LAST RELAXER WAS MAY 24TH SO IM TRYING TO HOLD OUT FOR A WHILE DONT KNOW HOW LONG THOUGH ....

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING AND WHATS NEW WITH UR HAIR AND I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH

WILL POST PICS SOON

HEY LADIES

I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE I CANT EXPRESS HOW PROUD I AM OF FINDINGME, GALADRIEL KLOMAX AND FIYA FOR HOLDING THIS THREAD DOWN.. WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES....

I AM CURRENTLY IN A FULL SEW IN WEAVE NOW CAUSE ITS EASIER FOR ME WITH WORK AND MY LAST RELAXER WAS MAY 24TH SO IM TRYING TO HOLD OUT FOR A WHILE DONT KNOW HOW LONG THOUGH ....

WILL POST PICS SOON

Hi Pr3tty - Your hair is lovely -- How did you get such amazing growth?

Hi everybody--I have been browsing this site since last June..I want my hair to get back to the healthiness I once had---I will post a pic of how my hair was 2 years ago and how it looks these days--I am post 7 weeks relaxer...I have shoulder length hair and my goal for the end of the year is nearly apl---I hope I can do it w/the help of U guys..Will post my pics andregimen tomorrow---Just wanted to introduce myself first--Have a great night all-:)

Last edited:
I want to join as well....I've been lurking up until now. My hair is just below my ears, my short term goal is shoulder length.

HEY LADIES

WILL POST PICS SOON

Hi Pr3tty! We miss you too!
I'm looking forward to your updates and I hope everything is going well. :grin:

Hi everybody--I have been browsing this site since last June..I want my hair to get back to the healthiness I once had---I will post a pic of how my hair was 2 years ago and how it looks these days--I am post 7 weeks relaxer...I have shoulder length hair and my goal for the end of the year is nearly apl---I hope I can do it w/the help of U guys..Will post my pics andregimen tomorrow---Just wanted to introduce myself first--Have a great night all-:)

Welcome, Bed! :grin: You'll be making progress in no time.

We're glad you can join us, Catrice :yep:.
What's your current regimen?

I deep condition twice a week with Queen Helen's cholesterol, air-dry or blow dry and wrap. Every other night I use megatek and emu oil on my scalp. I recently purchased Caruso steam rollers and will start using it soon.

I'm trying to find a protective style. My hair is long enough for a ponytail, I was considering getting a phony bun... but I'm not sure about brushing wet hair?

HEY LADIES

WILL POST PICS SOON
Aww!!!!!! Thanks Pretty. We miss you!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics.

Welcome new ladies!!!!!!!!! So glad to have you on board. Don't forget to post your regi's and pics. :)

@ Monamia, your hair is gorgeous girl!!!!!

GM to all--I am so new to this--Please forgive me, but how do I post my pics--LOL---I currently get a wash and set at Ysela's Beauty Salon in Brooklyn(plug) once per week. My stylist is Liony and she is wonderful. I take my own products w/me religiously. I use either Garnier Fructis Poo along w/their conditioner( Length and Strength) or I am also currently trying La Bomba Poo and Deep Conditioner...Before my roller set , I have my stylist use Alter Ego Drops(Herb Ego--which gives my scalp a tingling sensation)--I swear by this stuff--I t really makes a difference. I also made up my own concoction of leave in spritz and conditioner--LOL--I've mixed together Salerm 21 and doo gro mega thick lotion. I also add a lil' Lacio Lacio. The spritz I mixed together contains a lot of things--Will give U that concoction a lil later--LOL-- I wrap my hair every night b4 bed religiously---Right now my hair is thinning and I want to get it back thick again---I have length but not the thickness I was used to--I want to purchase the Mega-Tek..I also have purchased some of the ingredients for the MN mix---I will try it once I mix it all together. One of my co-workers started using it about 3 weeks ago and I do see the difference in her hair--Looks a lil oily, but growing--LOL--She does it every night tho'---I may just do it every 2 days---Will be back on lata..HAve to get ready for work :)

GM to all--I am so new to this--Please forgive me, but how do I post my pics--LOL---I currently get a wash and set at Ysela's Beauty Salon in Brooklyn(plug) once per week. My stylist is Liony and she is wonderful. I take my own products w/me religiously. I use either Garnier Fructis Poo along w/their conditioner( Length and Strength) or I am also currently trying La Bomba Poo and Deep Conditioner...Before my roller set , I have my stylist use Alter Ego Drops(Herb Ego--which gives my scalp a tingling sensation)--I swear by this stuff--I t really makes a difference. I also made up my own concoction of leave in spritz and conditioner--LOL--I've mixed together Salerm 21 and doo gro mega thick lotion. I also add a lil' Lacio Lacio. The spritz I mixed together contains a lot of things--Will give U that concoction a lil later--LOL-- I wrap my hair every night b4 bed religiously---Right now my hair is thinning and I want to get it back thick again---I have length but not the thickness I was used to--I want to purchase the Mega-Tek..I also have purchased some of the ingredients for the MN mix---I will try it once I mix it all together. One of my co-workers started using it about 3 weeks ago and I do see the difference in her hair--Looks a lil oily, but growing--LOL--She does it every night tho'---I may just do it every 2 days---Will be back on lata..HAve to get ready for work :)

:welcome::welcome4:Bed StuysFinest, nice to have you on the board....Enjoy

I deep condition twice a week with Queen Helen's cholesterol, air-dry or blow dry and wrap. Every other night I use megatek and emu oil on my scalp. I recently purchased Caruso steam rollers and will start using it soon.

I'm trying to find a protective style. My hair is long enough for a ponytail, I was considering getting a phony bun... but I'm not sure about brushing wet hair?

When I brush my hair I use a 100% boar-bristle brush and usually on wet, conditioned hair (but that's just me :lachen:). I'm very gentle with it. When I was growing out from neck length to shoulder, I did a phony pony/phony bun for a few weeks. Once you put the bun up (and if you don't plan to undo the whole thing at night) you can just put a scarf on when you go to bed to keep it neat.

Hey ladies,

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!! But I was wondering if anyone had any advise on what I should do about perming. As I said before I lost a lot of hair do to a pad perm. I think it was old because it didn't mix well ( Mizani sensitive scalp), I only use this when my eczema flairs up and the pain can be unbearable when getting a touch up. I'm on my 7th or 8th week should I touch up even though I'm still shedding slightly or should I stretch it out until the shedding stops. Truthfully I may be a little paranoid after watching my hair slide out of my head as I washed the perm out because I shed all year long.

Also, since I've been using the MN my NG is soft but I can't get it straight to save my life. But I am ecstatic that I can now grip and attempt to straighten the mini afros around my nape and the right side of my face. Hollaluha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried a little protein, like ORS Replenishing PAKS? They help me when I am shedding...

Checking in!!!! Here is my progress pic. I'm comparing this to my length in my sig. I think i got a nice amount of growth, although i wish i had hit APL. hopefully by October though.

24nfcya.jpg

OOOOHHHHH, Girl!!!:grin: YOu hair is So pretty sis! YOu are basically APL...:yep:

HEY LADIES

WILL POST PICS SOON

HEYYYY!!!!!!! Girl, we MISS you!!! I can't wait to see pics and hear what's been going on with you!:grin:

Welcome new ladies!!!!!!!!! So glad to have you on board. Don't forget to post your regi's and pics. :)

@ Monamia, your hair is gorgeous girl!!!!!

^^^ What she said ^^^:grin::lachen: WELCOME, ladies!!!

Hi All. I have been going through this thread all day and I am itching to get started. I have yet to get any products but I will post once I have done my full homework. I do know that I will deep condition at least twice a week and try the moegro mix that I read about. I am set to perm my hair this Saturday. I am very excited to learn so much from all of you. My first goal is shoulder length hair.

Hi All. I have been going through this thread all day and I am itching to get started. I have yet to get any products but I will post once I have done my full homework. I do know that I will deep condition at least twice a week and try the moegro mix that I read about. I am set to perm my hair this Saturday. I am very excited to learn so much from all of you. My first goal is shoulder length hair.

Welcome Silentdove! We're glad you joined :yep:.
Deep conditioning has been a life-saver for me!
Let us know how the moegro goes.

Welcome All Newbies :dance7:

I hope I didn't forget anyone

Hey, you can count me in also, I dont know how to post a picture so I can show you, my progress also. If anyone can help me, plss.. When i try to upload a picture, it says that the file is too big. What do i do???
I am trying to co wash 1 to twice a week, and deep conditioner 1-2x a week also. I think i am relaxing my hair every 10-12 weeks, and i try to hydrate my hair twice a day also, ( well i try)...

i would like to be included if that's okay. i am new to this just joined earlier this month. i dont currently have a camara to post pics, but i am ready. my hair is shoulder length my nape is damn near bald ( got a short haircut in "96" and shaved the back off and it never grew back right since). my hair i guess is in between 3c-4a and i am ready to get it growing. i have been using mega tek now for three days. it is itching like crazy( hope its a good thing).

tootles.:drunk:

Please count me in!

I'm in. This is my first "challenge". And that's good because I am a newbie to the board and wearing my real hair. YAY!!!:grin:

count me in, im a newbie. this hair care can get a little confusing at times, but at least im not alone.

Count me in! i'm a year from my BC with my hair at an awkward legnth and I'm unsure of the texture...anyone with hairstyle suggestions? My pics are in my Fotki, Pw is CurlyQ. Thanks! WELCOME EVERYONE!!!:grin:

WAIT FOR ME!!! count me in also!! ive been a lurker for some time now and finally decided to join ya'll.:grin: ive learned soo much from this forum and im so thankful for you ladies. im a few inches from bsl and im tryin to retain all the length i can but the protective stylin isnt really my thing:perplexed. but ive been good with it so fsr eventho sometimes i want straight-swanggin in the wind hair:lachen:

Hey i wanna be in too! :yep: I'm transitioning from a texlax and I have decided that right now I can't deal with those single strand knots!! I HATE THEM!!:wallbash: Since March(my last texlax) I have been cowashing and wearing a pufff but this past week I decided that I will just straighten it and bun it every to weeks.

I'm a newbie and I want in too! I thought this was an old challenge but if many are starting now than COUNT ME IN!!! I haven't read all the post so how is this working? Where do we start and what do we need to do? Tell me, tell me!!! :grin:

:grin:Im in i will post pics sometime this weekend:rolleyes: i just cuyt to get rid of layers ive been wearing for to long now blunt shoulder length i hope to transition but dont hold me to it:drunk:

Count me in too :yawn:.

This sounds like a great way to get started. I'm in!:yep:

im all in!!!

[

I want to join as well....I've been lurking up until now. My hair is just below my ears, my short term goal is shoulder length.

would love to join....:grin:

My reggie is undergoing some changes but it will definitely include ponytail rollersets :yep:. Hopefully I will post specific product changes next week. This week I attempted to improve my braid out.

hairpics001A.jpg

Have you tried a little protein, like ORS Replenishing PAKS? They help me when I am shedding...

OOOOHHHHH, Girl!!!:grin: YOu hair is So pretty sis! YOu are basically APL...:yep:

HEYYYY!!!!!!! Girl, we MISS you!!! I can't wait to see pics and hear what's been going on with you!:grin:

^^^ What she said ^^^:grin::lachen: WELCOME, ladies!!!
Awwww Thanks sis. I feel all warm inside when you compliment me. :lachen: I really do though.

Hey!!!!!!!! I usually go to www.tinypic.com to upload my pics. You can also resize them on there. You have a nice regi!!!!

:welcome3: Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for the tip re:how to post my pics Fiya'sLoveChild--I truly do appreciate the help--I can't believe I am still up and online---My daughter just left me for a week to go to Florida w/her auntie :( I miss her already--She's been gone only an hour--LOL---Well--Let's see about posting these pics---Thanks again for ur help----:)....BTW..Ur hair is so nice and healthy looking--Also, can U tell me more about this "moeGrow?"

Also, welcome to SilentDove13--I can't seem to add the welcome sign to this reply--I gusee I will get the hang of things soon :)

Hey, ya'll! I'm a little late this month with my updates...

My progress pics below (click to see larger): I got a Domincan blowout in ATL for $35 when I was there for my best friend's wedding.!!! Whoo-hoo!! I had been wanting to try it out. The heat wasn't too bad, but she had my 18 week post hair feeling like I had a fresh relaxer...I can't remember my hair ever being that straight. It lasted all week in the ATL humidity altho- my roots started to rise like dough bc I sweat in my head:blush:, but it still looked nice....I got it done last Wednesday and truth be told, It's still pretty straight now....

Still transitioning... going on my 19th week....haven't had any real issues yet...mainly doing braid-outs and up do's. My 4 month no-heat challenge is over at the end of this month...THANK GOD...so I'll be back to my roller sets and straightening my roots...:yep:

Attachments

• dom blowout1.jpg
    dom blowout1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7
  • dom blowout2.jpg
    dom blowout2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7

My progress pics below (click to see larger): I got a Domincan blowout in ATL for $35 when I was there for my best friend's wedding.!!! Whoo-hoo!! I had been wanting to try it out. The heat wasn't too bad, but she had my 18 week post hair feeling like I had a fresh relaxer...I can't remember my hair ever being that straight. It lasted all week in the ATL humidity altho- my roots started to rise like dough bc I sweat in my head:blush:, but it still looked nice....I got it done last Wednesday and truth be told, It's still pretty straight now....

Still transitioning... going on my 19th week....haven't had any real issues yet...mainly doing braid-outs and up do's. My 4 month no-heat challenge is over at the end of this month...THANK GOD...so I'll be back to my roller sets and straightening my roots...:yep:

:hiya3: FM,

That blow out is :sweet: thanks for posting the pics. I wonder how long it would last if they used SMB before the heat. Do you have a problem with your hair holding a curl when you use SMB ?

Last edited:

Your hair looks so cute sis!!!! Glad to hear your transition is still going great. :)

Hi everyone,
I am brand spanking new. This is my first post. I don't even know where to begin. I don't know what hair type I am..maybe #1--straight. What is cowash? There are a million acronyms used on this site too. Any suggestions on where I might be able to get the answers to my questions? Thanks.

Goals:
1. healthy hair (I tend to not take care of it and let it break off)
2. shoulder length hair (maybe longer but right now that is good enough)
3. would love to only use natural products or as close to natural as I can get with wanting to keep relaxing it

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I hope to go back and read the thread but at 195 pp not sure that will happen.

Thanks for the tip re:how to post my pics Fiya'sLoveChild--I truly do appreciate the help--I can't believe I am still up and online---My daughter just left me for a week to go to Florida w/her auntie :( I miss her already--She's been gone only an hour--LOL---Well--Let's see about posting these pics---Thanks again for ur help----:)....BTW..Ur hair is so nice and healthy looking--Also, can U tell me more about this "moeGrow?"

Also, welcome to SilentDove13--I can't seem to add the welcome sign to this reply--I gusee I will get the hang of things soon :)
Aww... thanks girl. And its no problem. Thats why we're here, to help one another. Also, i don't know too much about Moe Gro. I do know that lots of women have been getting great growth from it. Check these threads out. I hope it helps you some. ;)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255129&highlight=horsetail
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=265097&highlight=horsetail
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=258187&highlight=horsetail

Back