Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Welcome MissNina and Mizzdebbi!

Mizzdebbi, your plan of limiting heat is a great idea :yep:. A lot of ladies here use Dominican products, so it sounds like you're off to a good start :grin:.

I'm in!

Goals: strong, healthy hair - I think if I achieve those, the length will come

Where I am:

Hair - 4b/fine, thin ends, but I want to get some length before BC so I can still bun

Relaxed - Phyto Index II - 2 weeks post, attempting to stretch til December 4

Style - Bun, bun and.... BUN

Regimen:

Poo and DC 1x/week using Phytospecific Vital Force
CW 3x/week using whatever I have around (and ladies I got PLENTY [recovering PJ]) - Silicon Mix for leave-in
MT 1x daily applied to scalp and massaged for 2-3 minutes
- 2x/day on hairline, temples and nape - followed by JBCO/EVCO mix
Moisture: 2x/day -
a.m. Phytospecific Beauty Cream, sealed with JBCO/EVCO mix
p.m. Elasta QP Mango Butter, sealed with JBCO/EVCO mix
No direct heat
Detangle in shower w/shower comb
Only other comb use is to part hair when applying MT

Please critique this; I'm new and making it up as I go along :spinning:

Last edited:
I know I am ridiculously late, but I just joined LHCF, so hello everyone and thanks for the tips that I've read so far!

I'm pretty simple: I have shoulder length-relaxed hair (4a) and my goal is for my hair to grow 3 inches past my shoulders and very healthy/ full-like Sanaa's pic on my avatar...I don't know all of the terminology.

I just tried a Dominican roller wrap today and I loved it. I used to get a similar treatment years ago and my hair grew long. I used to use heat everyday, so I kept it trimmed in order to keep it healthy.

Now...I plan to get a roller wrap set every two weeks and wrap to maintain. NO HEAT in between! I don't want to relax until Dec '08. My stylist said this shouldn't be a problem because I have pretty soft/ easy to manage hair, but the chemicals are causing thinning in the middle and on the sides.

I use Doo Grow shampoo & oil and Motions conditioner- I plan to start using the Dominican products at the salon. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :drunk:

Thank you so much for the help Finding Me!!!! Ok ladies here we go my first set of pictures. I will post monthly even though you probably wont see a change. I need a perm already and Iam not getting one until Sept.4. I am doing the relaxer stretch which is 4 weeks beyond what you normally would perm. Me geing the over achiever that I am I decided to stretch to 15 weeks instead of 9 weeks so that is 6 weeks longer than the norm for me.:wallbash:

Awww, I wanna join too! Is it too late? :sad:

:welcome3: Welcome Ladies!!!!!!

Hello Ladies,
I would just like to say that I am becoming a product junkie!!!! :ohwell: Everytime I am in the store I am looking for things that I've read about in the posts. I most recently purchased S-Curl spray, Elasta Qp Mango Butter, Elasta QP DPR-11, Boundless Tresses, and a clarifying shampoo. These are all products I never thought to include in my regimen before. I want to thank you ladies for all of the advise, my hairs has not felt this soft in a long time. I was so used to it bein dry and brittle, now I know why...it had no moisture!!!!:badgirl:

I have been reading a lot about henna lately. Have any of you ladies tried it? If so, how were your results?

Hello Ladies,
I would just like to say that I am becoming a product junkie!!!! :ohwell: Everytime I am in the store I am looking for things that I've read about in the posts. I most recently purchased S-Curl spray, Elasta Qp Mango Butter, Elasta QP DPR-11, Boundless Tresses, and a clarifying shampoo. These are all products I never thought to include in my regimen before. I want to thank you ladies for all of the advise, my hairs has not felt this soft in a long time. I was so used to it bein dry and brittle, now I know why...it had no moisture!!!!:badgirl:

I have been reading a lot about henna lately. Have any of you ladies tried it? If so, how were your results?

Ah...I'm such a product junkie too! It's good to see that you're making progress and finding what works for you. :yep:
I think FindingMe has been using henna. She'll be able to tell you more about it. HHG!

I'm in!

Goals: strong, healthy hair - I think if I achieve those, the length will come

Where I am:

Hair - 4b/fine, thin ends, but I want to get some length before BC so I can still bun

Relaxed - Phyto Index II - 2 weeks post, attempting to stretch til December 4

Style - Bun, bun and.... BUN

Regimen:

Poo and DC 1x/week using Phytospecific Vital Force
CW 3x/week using whatever I have around (and ladies I got PLENTY [recovering PJ])
MT 1x daily applied to scalp and massaged for 2-3 minutes
- 2x/day on hairline, temples and nape - followed by JBCO/EVCO mix
Moisture: 2x/day -
a.m. Phytospecific Beauty Cream, sealed with JBCO/EVCO mix
p.m. Elasta QP Mango Butter, sealed with JBCO/EVCO mix
No direct heat
Detangle in shower w/shower comb
Only other comb use is to part hair when applying MT

Please critique this; I'm new and making it up as I go along :spinning:

Sounds very solid to me Soulie :yep:.
And don't forget to post starting pics ladies! :grin:

You ladies are sooooo sweet :bighug:

I hope just putting my fotki was okay rather than just posting my pics. I really hope I can get to APL by the end of the year. I just think I am one of those "breakage no matter what I do" people. It's not excessive or anything by far, but I just know breakage isn't normal so something just has to be missing. My hair is really healthy overall so IDK! Shedding I don't really care too much about b/c it's not THAT much. Thank God the minor breakage I get itsn't prohibiting growth, but any little bit has me like flipping out. . .which is why I wear protective styling all the time. I just wish I didn't see those few short hairs every other time I touch it :ohwell:

Did/does anyone else have this problem?

i have reached BSL... but i will be trimming my edges soon so i will be 1 inch away.:grin:

ppl never believe my hair is my own until they touch it (which i hate... why cant a black woman have long hair.. plus i dont kno where there hands been)

I'm in. Here is my start pic

13pic.jpg

Pre-Condition, Shampoo/condition once a week with Either Ion or Nexus Humectus
Olive oil every other day
Protective styles daily
No Direct heat unless it is a special ocassion.
Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins daily
Gentle Treatment relaxer every 5weeks
trimming when necessary.
Refresh my color with cellophane every other week (I have lots of gray hair)

My First Goal is for my entire hair length to be Shoulder Length ( I have layers)

Last edited:
Welcome MissNina and Mizzdebbi!

Mizzdebbi, your plan of limiting heat is a great idea :yep:. A lot of ladies here use Dominican products, so it sounds like you're off to a good start :grin:.

Thanks...I went and got a trim to get rid of all my dead ends and now my hair is shorter than shoulder-length (short & sassy?) :nono: I feel pretty upset about it, even though I know the dead ends had to go eventually. I might have to just get braids or something so that it can grow out. I can't stand looking at my hair this short! My mom would kill me if she saw it. I don't even want to post any pics. :wallbash:

Hey Ladies,

I just joined a few weeks ago, I've been stalking the site for about a month now since I went through some serious hair loss. I've always been a hair and product junkie and was elated when my mother introduced me to the site. Thanks to a bad relaxer I'm SL w/ layers :wallbash: and some mini afros around the hairline.

Regimen:
Wash every Sunday
Shampoos: Nexxus Therapy or Botaniol, Kera Kare f/dry and itchy scalp.
Deep Conditioners: Mizani ???? in a beige jar( it's applied like a perm), Motions CPR,
Conditioners: Nexxus Humectress, Kera Kare f/dry-itchy scalp
Kera Care Leave IN
MN Mix
Air dry
Flat Iron
Protective style at night 4 big pin curls
every day style bang and bun
MN every other night (can get a little greasy)

Any suggestions????????:scratchch

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

I just joined a few weeks ago, I've been stalking the site for about a month now since I went through some serious hair loss. I've always been a hair and product junkie and was elated when my mother introduced me to the site. Thanks to a bad relaxer I'm SL w/ layers :wallbash: and some mini afros around the hairline.

Regimen:
Wash every Sunday
Deep Conditioners: Mizani ???? in a beige jar( it's applied like a perm), Motions CPR,
Kera Care Leave IN
MN Mix
Air dry
Flat Iron

Welcome aboard! That sounds like a really good regimin. I like KeraCare dry & itchy too. I'm trying to regrow hair that I've lost from scratching and overstretching a relaxer. My hair broke off in the crown (see siggy).

Hello ladies...
I still consider myself new, I haven't post in a while. I just ordered this
http://www.etaeproducts.com/products.htm
carmel.jpg
I read about it on LHCF
Carmelization Treatment
A great way to stretch a relaxer. It's a mixture of honey, olive oil, molasses, bananas, cornstarch, water, vinegar, and wheat germ oil. You apply it like you would a relaxer, let it sit for 30 minutes with a plastic cap on, rinse, shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo, condition, and rollerset and/or blowdry your hair and roots. Go to: (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=66005&PN=1) for more info. I will update... Has anyone else used this?​

Ladies please help...

How do I multi-quote on a response??? :perplexed

To the right of the QUOTE button there is a button that shows quotation marks ("). Select that button for each post you wish to include. Then click Post Reply.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Regimen:
Wash every Sunday
Kera Care Leave IN
MN Mix
Air dry
Flat Iron

:welcome3:

Ladies please help...

How do I multi-quote on a response??? :perplexed

Just click the button beside the Quote button. You click that for every post you want to quote, then hit add reply at the bottom. ;)

To the right of the QUOTE button there is a button that shows quotation marks ("). Select that button for each post you wish to include. Then click Post Reply.

Thanks. I didn't know how to do the multiquotes either.:look:

Hello ladies...
carmel.jpg
I read about it on LHCF
Carmelization Treatment

A great way to stretch a relaxer. It's a mixture of honey, olive oil, molasses, bananas, cornstarch, water, vinegar, and wheat germ oil. You apply it like you would a relaxer, let it sit for 30 minutes with a plastic cap on, rinse, shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo, condition, and rollerset and/or blowdry your hair and roots. Go to: (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=66005&PN=1) for more info. I will update... Has anyone else used this?​

Wow! I gotta try that!

Hello Ladies,

Hey girl,

I've been using henna for about 3 or 4 months and I love it. I henna every 2 weeks.
I began using it for it's conditioning effects . It also helps to strengthen the hair. I have not had to use a protein treatment. But I like the color effects as well.
Now you won't be a blonde. I have a crimson tint to my hair... which looks really beautiful in the sunlight.
To me it adds dimension and depth to the hair. It think it defines my little curls/coils. The first time I used it my hair was very soft.

Since you are relaxed you will need to use the (BAQ) Body Art Quality henna.
I use the suppliers that everyone here uses. I mean you may be able to find cheaper henna but f'real--henna can seriously mess your hair up if it's a crappy quality or incorrect type of henna. For instance relaxed heads tried to use regular henna their mhair would prolly come out.

Here's the Ayurveda Support Thread ALSO look in the stickies there's a henna support thread in the favorite.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305

Here's a thread on what to do with the different powders and how they benefit the hair.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167723

Here's some information from Henna for Hair:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=7
http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf
http://www.hennaforhair.com/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=viewforum&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS=4

Henna suppliers:
http://www.mehandi.com/
http://www.hennasooq.com/

What I do:
--I use 100g of Henna and 50 g of Amla.
--Mix with water.
--Wash hair with clarifying shampoo
--Leave on for 2 hours.
--Rinse out with CON and other shampoos (several times)
--DC with Elucence for some minutes-hours

I'm mostly experimenting. Still. :grin:

-Remember to perform a strand test.
-Amla is great for the face.:grin:
-The first time I didn't pre-wash and it came out so soft. HOWEVER it was very hard, dry and had a strange texture while I was trying to rinse it out. I dont' know how dry hair could make the henna 'soften' my hair. Hmm...:ohwell:
I'll prolly try it again and see if I can duplicate the results.
-I used to mix in conditioner but I've stopped. I didn't see how it made a real difference compared to when I didn't use conditioner.
-I usually mix and immediately apply. You get dye release without adding anything. Some say products like lemon juice. lime juice etcc(that you use for dye release) can dry the hair out.
But it didn't dry mine out.

I did use lemon juice the last time I henna'd. I wanted to see of I could get more of a dye release...but I don't think I saw MUCH of a difference. Maybe because I applied immediately as usual.
I'll make a batch and let it sit overnight THEN pply it to my head. But this is interesting.
http://www.hennaforhair.com/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=2322

Hope that helps

Hello ladies...
carmel.jpg
I read about it on LHCF
Carmelization Treatment

I've been itching to try this!

I am with you...I plan on rocking these braidout's till they won't rock no Mo'! LOL! I want long natural hair, my hair doesn't really coil or shrink that much when natural, it just kind of frizzes (it's very odd), so I want it at least SL that's why I am transitioning for at least 18 months...I am into month 15 now!!! I am so excited to try and rock some natural hair styles with the tehniques I have learned on here...I can't wait...

Oh, for the frizziness...Sabino Moisture Block...:yep: but be careful...a little goes a LONG way!!!!

Girl, I'm on month, what---5?
LOL
I have no idea how long I'll be transitioning so I'll just say 'a while'. A long while. I've been stalking fotkis and getting all sorts of good hair idea.
It's fun--I keep bouncing back n forth between getting braids and growing it out as it is. But I'm without braids.

I just feel like--I have to grow in knowledge as my hair grows, y'know...?

I have this fear that I'll sit in braids for months take my hair down, have all this new growth and not know what to do with it. LOL Because I need to learn how to braid, and do twists and learn what products are good for my hair.
The only thing I know how to do right now are braid-outs.

Okay here's my next question: Curl Definers. Do you use them? Which is better kinky curly or Miss Jessie's Curl custard?
Miss Jessie's is pricey...

Girl, I'm on month, what---5?
LOL
I have no idea how long I'll be transitioning so I'll just say 'a while'. A long while. I've been stalking fotkis and getting all sorts of good hair idea.
It's fun--I keep bouncing back n forth between getting braids and growing it out as it is. But I'm without braids.

I just feel like--I have to grow in knowledge as my hair grows, y'know...?

I have this fear that I'll sit in braids for months take my hair down, have all this new growth and not know what to do with it. LOL Because I need to learn how to braid, and do twists and learn what products are good for my hair.
The only thing I know how to do right now are braid-outs.

Okay here's my next question: Curl Definers. Do you use them? Which is better kinky curly or Miss Jessie's Curl custard?
Miss Jessie's is pricey...

OK, girl, that was a typo!!!! I meant week 15, not month 15!!! LOL:lachen::lachen:I am only 3.5 months into my transition, so you are ahead of me....:lachen::lachen:

I don't know about curl definers bc my hiar is too straight on the ends to use it yet, but the Baby buttercreme works wonders on my daughter's hair:yep:...but, it does nothing for my son's hair...:nono: I think it's gonna be trial and error once I finally cut my relaxed ends off...

Hello ladies...
carmel.jpg
I read about it on LHCF
Carmelization Treatment

This is news to me :perplexed . I can't wait for your update on this product.
7-23-08Bb.jpg

Hey, you can count me in also, I dont know how to post a picture so I can show you, my progress also. If anyone can help me, plss.. When i try to upload a picture, it says that the file is too big. What do i do???
I am trying to co wash 1 to twice a week, and deep conditioner 1-2x a week also. I think i am relaxing my hair every 10-12 weeks, and i try to hydrate my hair twice a day also, ( well i try)...

Hey, you can count me in also, I dont know how to post a picture so I can show you, my progress also. If anyone can help me, plss.. When i try to upload a picture, it says that the file is too big. What do i do???
I am trying to co wash 1 to twice a week, and deep conditioner 1-2x a week also. I think i am relaxing my hair every 10-12 weeks, and i try to hydrate my hair twice a day also, ( well i try)...

Hi PrettyinPink!

Are you uploading your photo from a photo album (like photobucket)? If so, all you have to do is edit the picture and change the size. I think there are even some pre-set sizes for when you want to post a pic in a forum or for your avatar, etc.
HTH!

i would like to be included if that's okay. i am new to this just joined earlier this month. i dont currently have a camara to post pics, but i am ready. my hair is shoulder length my nape is damn near bald ( got a short haircut in "96" and shaved the back off and it never grew back right since). my hair i guess is in between 3c-4a and i am ready to get it growing. i have been using mega tek now for three days. it is itching like crazy( hope its a good thing).

tootles.:drunk:

OK, girl, that was a typo!!!! I meant week 15, not month 15!!! LOL:lachen::lachen:I am only 3.5 months into my transition, so you are ahead of me....:lachen::lachen:

I don't know about curl definers bc my hiar is too straight on the ends to use it yet, but the Baby buttercreme works wonders on my daughter's hair:yep:...but, it does nothing for my son's hair...:nono: I think it's gonna be trial and error once I finally cut my relaxed ends off...

Oh.
LOL

I was like, "Well....gotdamn!" I wish I was 15 months post relaxer!
Well my ends are straight as well but my hair tends to 'obey me'...it all blends fairly well.
I don't really get my weird hair but....I'm, just happy that it is the way it is.

...and I dunno about you but I'm trying to knock out some of this trial and error issue right now! I wish I could cut these ends off right now. When I wash my hair I just hate the way the relaxed ends look against my natural hair. So ugly...

Baby Buttercreme? Hmm...I'll look into that.

Ooh--you know if you go on MissJessies website there's a tutorial about coil-outs and shingles and such:
http://missjessies.com/coil-out101.htm

ALSO while doing hair research I ran across a coupla cool sites that you may find useful FINDINGME.
Oh---to other noobs, the websites aren't geared towards relaxed heads this is true. However, they DO provide valuable information on products and black hair care. You can never have too many resources, y'know?
...and you'll find that many basic methods preached there (oils, no grease, cowashing, limit heat, etc...) are also preached on LCHF.

I like this blog: There is some pretty useful information in here
http://www.nappydelphia.com/

This is a nice forum. Check out their product review section!
http://www.happycurls.com/v2/smf/index.php/board,1.0.html

Have you heard of this board called NAPPTUROLOGY 101. I found it while screwing around on Nappturality (because I had no idea what a cnapp was) and found it.
It's an entertaining. Good source of info:
http://nappyme.wordpress.com/

Back