Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hey all,
Just would like to say hello to all the wonderful ladies on this board. Just joined and I hope we can really band together and support each other in our respective journeys. I've lurked enough and I'm ready to share and receive.
I'm currently relaxed, 4a/b. I'm trying to get together a regimen for this London weather to repair my hair since it's become badly broken, and I don't want to have to cut it off a second time.
So basically I'm going to focus on strengthening my hair, and laying off direct heat for a while. I also suffer from pretty bad dry scalp and hair, so I'd like to make my scalp healthier as well.
I'm looking forward to sharing these experiences, and with God's help, we can do this! :yep:

Welcome GodsGrace

this is my first ever post on here i have only been here for a month and have little idea on what to with my hair. i would really like to join this newbie challenge and "get some results"

i have been natural for 1 yr 8 month 4a really course texture, 2 weeks ago i slightly texturised, i think its for the best as my natural hair constantly knottted up.
ive been doing MN for the past 10 days, and am trying to do a wig challenge
but i think that i might need to know a bit more about the basics b4 i jump in the deep end!

Welcome~~~~~

Hey Ladies, Tomorrow is the big day, the 3 monthe stretch is finally over. I have decided to relax with phyto. I got index 1, hope i made the right choice. I figured it would be better to go milder first, and go to index 2 if i dont like the results.

Do any of you ladies texlax? I have been thinking about it for awhile. Any suggestion?

Cant waittttt 2 see pics

Im a newbie and dont know if i am too late to join or not....i dont think i can go through all those pages so can someone tell me what i need to do. How do you know what you hair type is?

Im a newbie and dont know if i am too late to join or not....i dont think i can go through all those pages so can someone tell me what i need to do. How do you know what you hair type is?

Try to read the first page of the first 5-10 pages it explains a lot.... Welcome

This is my first post ever. I am so glad I found this thread. I need lots of help and support to just not go ahead and chop all my hair off. :wallbash: Currently I have not found a product my hair likes for more than 2 weeks. Just when I think I've found something, my hair fall out. Right now I my hair comes just bellow my chin with 4b texture. I've been natural for 3 year and everytime I get BSL it brakes off. Right now my only goal is to maintain the hair on my head and get it to thicken up. Its thick by the scalp but as it gets long it thins out and you can see through it.

My regime:
clarifying shampoo: Pantene Pro-V
shampoo: infusium 23
conditioner: aussie moist
deep conditioner: Le Kair Cholesterol
leave- in: Perfect Results Kiwi Vitamin E
Heat Protectant: Fantasia IC
others: Aloe Vera oil, Perfect Results Cherry hair and body oil, Softee Herbal Grow(Only when my scalp itches)

I shampoo 1X week, condition every shampoo, deep condition every other shampoo, clarify every other week (gets frizzy though), I do blow dry ( hair is really fine and hates to air dry, it will fall out in balls) use heat protectant, then I either flat iron or press (I try not to do both).

I also drink 6 glasses of water a day and take GNC Women's Ultra Mega Dietary Supplement when I remeber.

Any type of suggestions and comments would help alot....

I redid my hair yesterday in cornrows again, pics will be up this afternoon. I am going to see if these wil last for a month, keeping my fingers crossed. I am looking for some sulfur to make an oil mix but can't find any and people keep looking at me like I am crazy, but I won't give up I will find the sulfur somehow.
Welcome to all the new ladies!!!:grin::grin::grin:

THanks for the welcome all!

Galadriel,
As far as the dry scalp, what I've been doing is doing a hot oil treatment with EVOO and tea tree oil and washing using ORS shampoo (can't remember for the life of me what the name of it is now) but I think I'm going to go back to Neutrogena T-Gel, that worked before. I'll just have to do some extra deep conditioning cause it does dry the hair out:ohwell:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KLOMAX!

Jassy, please post on how your Phyto experience was. I am really thinking of switching to Phyto (well just to try) since I have a really sensitive scalp and basically everything burns, even the sensitive scalp relaxers :nono:

This is my first post ever. I am so glad I found this thread. I need lots of help and support to just not go ahead and chop all my hair off. :wallbash: Currently I have not found a product my hair likes for more than 2 weeks. Just when I think I've found something, my hair fall out. Right now I my hair comes just bellow my chin with 4b texture. I've been natural for 3 year and everytime I get BSL it brakes off. Right now my only goal is to maintain the hair on my head and get it to thicken up. Its thick by the scalp but as it gets long it thins out and you can see through it.

My regime:
clarifying shampoo: Pantene Pro-V
shampoo: infusium 23
conditioner: aussie moist
deep conditioner: Le Kair Cholesterol
leave- in: Perfect Results Kiwi Vitamin E
Heat Protectant: Fantasia IC
others: Aloe Vera oil, Perfect Results Cherry hair and body oil, Softee Herbal Grow(Only when my scalp itches)

I shampoo 1X week, condition every shampoo, deep condition every other shampoo, clarify every other week (gets frizzy though), I do blow dry ( hair is really fine and hates to air dry, it will fall out in balls) use heat protectant, then I either flat iron or press (I try not to do both).

I also drink 6 glasses of water a day and take GNC Women's Ultra Mega Dietary Supplement when I remeber.

Any type of suggestions and comments would help alot....

Welcome... I think maybe you need to work on cutting out the heat. i have very thin hair and the best thing Ive ever done for my hair is not using heat. Also maybe you should DC weekly and only clarify once a month.

I redid my hair yesterday in cornrows again, pics will be up this afternoon. I am going to see if these wil last for a month, keeping my fingers crossed. I am looking for some sulfur to make an oil mix but can't find any and people keep looking at me like I am crazy, but I won't give up I will find the sulfur somehow.
Welcome to all the new ladies!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Cant wait to see pics. Im so happy your keeping up with your hair and with us

Hello Ladaies!
Today texlaxed my hair and I am sad to say that I cried for at least a half hr. :cry:The front was pretty but the back and a section on the side did not process the same. I think the problem is I let my sister help me and she didnt apply enough relaxer and didnt work fast enough.Also I should have just mixed the whole jar, because I had 3 months of new growth and had to scape the bowl to finish my hair. I dont know if these factors are the cause or maybe texlexing isnt for me. Anyway, Im going for a consoltation at a salon on sat. to see were I should go from here; I just cant handle my hair any more. :nono:

I was going to take pics of my wet hair, but I was to busy crying. Hopefully it is not as bad as it seems, at the moment. I rollerset and will post pics when I take them out. Wish me luck!

GodsGrace, I know this doesnt make my phyto experience look so good, but honestly I dont think it had anything to do with the relaxer. The hair that was processes properly looks really good. And so far I plan on using it again. I just wont be doing it myself, or my sister for that matter. So, I would give it a try. I you want straight hair however, make sure you go with index 2. I think It will give you the best results. I will be sure to keep you updated. BTW: It did not burn my scalp at all.

Hello Ladaies!
Today texlaxed my hair and I am sad to say that I cried for at least a half hr. :cry:The front was pretty but the back and a section on the side did not process the same. I think the problem is I let my sister help me and she didnt apply enough relaxer and didnt work fast enough.Also I should have just mixed the whole jar, because I had 3 months of new growth and had to scape the bowl to finish my hair. I dont know if these factors are the cause or maybe texlexing isnt for me. Anyway, Im going for a consoltation at a salon on sat. to see were I should go from here; I just cant handle my hair any more. :nono:

I was going to take pics of my wet hair, but I was to busy crying. Hopefully it is not as bad as it seems, at the moment. I rollerset and will post pics when I take them out. Wish me luck!

GodsGrace, I know this doesnt make my phyto experience look so good, but honestly I dont think it had anything to do with the relaxer. The hair that was processes properly looks really good. And so far I plan on using it again. I just wont be doing it myself, or my sister for that matter. So, I would give it a try. I you want straight hair however, make sure you go with index 2. I think It will give you the best results. I will be sure to keep you updated. BTW: It did not burn my scalp at all.

Jassy,

Here's my :twocents:. Maybe all you need is a corrective relaxer for the underprocessed areas.

Is this the 1st time texlaxing your own hair? If so ,LondonDiva has an excellent self relaxing pictorial in her fotki...she shows you step by step how to relax in 2 or 3 sections so each section is processed properly.

Have you experienced any breakage or damage ?

There is also a phyto thread "everything you ever wanted to know about phyto".

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:
Blkprincess
Purity
Aussie
Danigurl
Tinky
GodsGrace
Otegwu
Lurkjersincejan
Samantha

P.S. Thanks for the B'daywishes

I like the braids... Im thinking of getting braids in April to help me get to Apl by July.....

Thank you. I like getting braids because I feel like that way I can't really make any bad choices so that my hair will have a fighting chance.

Thanks I am going to save this link. Appreciate the help!!!
These are my cornrows that hopefully will last for a month. I am going to continue to co-wash, pre poo, moisturize and seal ends as usual.

You're welcome. And your braids look nice. I've been thinking about getting micros. I just want everything,lol, braids,weave, etc. This summer will be an experiment for me. :yep::yep:

Hey ladies, I haven't been on here in a few days due to an overwhelming schedule this week. So to catch up:

Jassy I'm sorry about your first Phyto expeience, I hope everything works out and I'm glad you're going to give it another chance.

Pr3tty, thanks for keeping this going... I tried to post the other night when you were looking for all the newbies... but I honestly fell asleep :dighole:with my CPU in my lap and I was in the Reply to Thread... so hey lady and thanks again.

Happy Belated B-day to all those that I've missed! (Me included... 27 Feb send gifts)

Welcome all the Newbies :bouncy:

Last but not least; I think that my hair type is a 3c. I am serious about learning about and taking care of my hair, but I still don't have a regimen... however I am trying. I have a few products that are tried and true for me, and from there I need to build a solid regimen. Til then I will keep posting and supporting this thread.

Last edited:
Jassy I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, I know how you feel cause I tried relaxing myself one time and NEVER again, not until I grow eyes in the back of my head anyway. But with lots of TLC, I'm sure your hair will be stronger and healthier in no time.

Cindyl, I like your cornrows, I wish I could put some in right about now but I'm trying to do one thing at a time, I was actually thinking of doing the wig challenge while keeping my hair moisturized underneath, cause it is superdry these days.

I'm going to try to do a braidout this weekend, do my usual hot oil treatment for my scalp and take a pic. I'll try to post it in the thread, wish me luck with that, I'm still learning all this!

Hey ladies, I haven't been on here in a few days due to an overwhelming schedule this week. So to catch up:

Jassy I'm sorry about your first Phyto expeience, I hope everything works out and I'm glad you're going to give it another chance.

Pr3tty, thanks for keeping this going... I tried to post the other night when you were looking for all the newbies... but I honestly fell asleep :dighole:with my CPU in my lap and I was in the Reply to Thread... so hey lady and thanks again.

Happy Belated B-day to all those that I've missed! (Me included... 27 Feb send gifts)

Welcome all the Newbies :bouncy:

Last but not least; I think that my hair type is a 3c. I am serious about learning about and taking care of my hair, but I still don't have a regimen... however I am trying. I have a few products that are tried and true for me, and from there I need to build a solid regimen. Til then I will keep posting and supporting this thread.

:lachen::lachen: you must have been REALLY tired

Hello Ladies, I have pics from the texlax I attempted yesterday. I was un able to post them here, still trying to figure that out. Oh sorry I look so depressed in the photo :sad:, Im usually have a huge smile :grin:.

Klo: I think I may need to get a corrective, but I wont be doing it myself. i have a consult at a BS on sat. Hopefully I can figure out where to go from here. Maybe I should just stay relaxed? I dunno?

MissTical and GodsGrace: Thanks for the kind words, hopefully my hair wont take too much of a set back from this.

Does corrective relaxing damage the hair? Im really afraid my hair will fall out:perplexed. Are there any other options?

Hello Ladies, I have pics from the texlax I attempted yesterday. I was un able to post them here, still trying to figure that out. Oh sorry I look so depressed in the photo :sad:, Im usually have a huge smile :grin:.

Klo: I think I may need to get a corrective, but I wont be doing it myself. i have a consult at a BS on sat. Hopefully I can figure out where to go from here. Maybe I should just stay relaxed? I dunno?

MissTical and GodsGrace: Thanks for the kind words, hopefully my hair wont take too much of a set back from this.

Does corrective relaxing damage the hair? Im really afraid my hair will fall out:perplexed. Are there any other options?

I like it I thibk you can pull it off. I would say give it atleast 4 weeks then do a corrective

Back