Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hi ladies sorry I've been out for a couple of days, I haven't been feeling all that well. Okay I was a little discouraged after cutting my hair b/c of annoying split ends:wallbash: but yesterday I was able to put my hair into pigtails, I'll post pics tomorrow, their so cute.:yawn: Thank you FindingMe for all of your help. Before I put the pigtails, my hair was still lacking the moisture that it NEEDS but after the pigtails it feels a little more moisturized I'm working on it.

I hope you feel better...I can't wait to see pics!

l:hiya3: Ladies,
Here are my progress pics to date....I used a new mixture to wash /rinse my hair.... 1T baking soda/2 caps ACV/squirt of honey in 8 oz water...DC Silicon Mix/lacio lacio leave-in & coconut oil to seal...my hair was trimmed about 2 weeks ago.
1st pic 2/1/08...2nd pic 3/4/08

15xmsyd.jpg
3-4-08B.jpg

KLo- It's lovely, just lovely!!!:yep: It looks thicker and healthier, definitely!!! Are you sure you got a trim?:lachen: I can't even tell 'cause it looks longer to me!

I'm going shopping today for some new stuff and getting a 2 inch trim. I want to join the challenge. Eventually, I'll set up some pictures after a relax and trim.. and I would like to join this challenge. I don't know anything about hair.. but i'll give it a shot

l:hiya3: Ladies,
Here are my progress pics to date....I used a new mixture to wash /rinse my hair.... 1T baking soda/2 caps ACV/squirt of honey in 8 oz water...DC Silicon Mix/lacio lacio leave-in & coconut oil to seal...my hair was trimmed about 2 weeks ago.
1st pic 2/1/08...2nd pic 3/4/08

15xmsyd.jpg
3-4-08B.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. I saw somewhere u trimmed it. Are u sure?:lachen:

Oops! I have been posting all over the place, Sorry. I will make sure I post in the new newbie thread. Hope this the right one?! Sorry again!
BTW: How do you know when to go onto newbie stage 2?

ATTENTION LADIES

I know being that we have 2 threads it can be a little confusing where to post. To clear things up a lil bc I know a lot of ppl never read the first page of the thread. This is the original newbie thread. This is where you can join and post your starting pics and regimen. This is where you can get to know the other ladies and post questions and concerns...

The 2nd thread Newbie pt2 is for the ladies who are not really a newbie but still not a pro. Its the ladies who all started here in the original newbie thread. You can also find a list of who is apart of the newbie threat pt2 on page 1 of that thread.

this is just the start and after a while we will have ladies moving over to the other thread but this is still be the original as you see the ladies in pt2 still do post in this thread.

Another reason was we had ladies who wuld join then never come back and it was getting hard to figure out who were down with us and who was not so we figure everyone starts here and if you like it and we see where its working for you then pt2 is where you will be if you join and then realize this is not working for you then that would be fine too so its just to keep things simple...

I hope this clears things up a little...

Oops! I have been posting all over the place, Sorry. I will make sure I post in the new newbie thread. Hope this the right one?! Sorry again!
BTW: How do you know when to go onto newbie stage 2?

Girl its fine ... As soon as we feel u r set with ur regimen and progress pics and posting which ur doing great at... Im gonna go thru the thread and do updates but here or there we're still in it 2gether 2 win it

I have decided to put some extensions (cornrows) in my hair for about a week or so. I was wondering if there is anything that I need to do to my hair before I do it? I was going to prepoo, co wash, apply leave-in and seal ends. Any advice is appreciated. Thanx

Last edited:
tlstacy you make a very good point, My nape is an issue for me as well, and "My Beauty Supply Lady" told me that this is a common problem especially with people that to the salon to get their hair relaxed. Because if you pay close attention, when your sitting in those chairs with your head tilted back in the bowl, the hairdressers don't pay as much attention to the nape of you hair as they do to the top and the sides, which can lead to them not rinsing the relaxer out completely in that area and overprocessing. In my case I'm a self relaxer, and I always tend to start in the nape when I relax which is also leading to over processing of that area because that area is constantly being exposed the the relaxer for the longest time, time after time.
Ok that makes sense!!! Now I see why I just kept getting breakage in the back! Come to think about it thats probably why sides broke off too, there really isn't alot of newgrowth on my sides at 5-6weeks. Yes, alot of overprocessing!

Hey ladies! I haven't been posting as much in this thread but here are updated photos of my hair's progress. I had a trim that was much needed. My roomie flat-ironed my hair and here are the end results. My hair is suffering from major DRYNESS as you can see....but I'm working on that. I have decided to transition.....wish me luck! Also, Klomax your hair looks great!

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

Hey ladies! I haven't been posting as much in this thread but here are updated photos of my hair's progress. I had a trim that was much needed. My roomie flat-ironed my hair and here are the end results. My hair is suffering from major DRYNESS as you can see....but I'm working on that. I have decided to transition.....wish me luck! Also, Klomax your hair looks great!

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

lol, It doesn't look dry to me. And you have a lot of body. I love it.

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg
Girl give me soma that hair....I NEED THICKNESS!!!

Welcome Always Wear Joy! Your hair doesnt look dry to me, I looks amazing!

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

Always, I had to do a double-take when I saw your hair. It's GORGEOUS! Bah! All you ladies are putting me to shame :lachen:

I have decided to put some extensions (cornrolls) in my hair for about a week or so. I was wondering if there is anything that I need to do to my hair before I do it? I was going to prepoo, co wash, apply leave-in and seal ends. Any advice is appreciated. Thanx

Cindy, I've also read that b/f braids or extensions to also strengthen your hair w/ a protein treatment. I did this in December when I got a sew-in and when I took it down my hair was in very good shape.

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

Girl ur hair is so thick I wish I had even the last row of thickness. I wont even let my signature pic show in this post bc it would look a thin mess next 2 yours

287d829.jpg
n62o0n.jpg

LOVELY! :grin: So much shine! It doesn't seem dry from the pics? Again, lovely!

Ladies, I am on vacay for a week. I'll holla when I get back!:drunk:

Is it too late to join this...I so need help..

I currently pre- poo Olive Oil
wash with CON Green
Infusium 23 Moisturizing
Natures Blessing
StaySoFro (so moisturizing)
Seal Castor oil on the ends

I need help...I"m just trying stuff I read...I hope it's not too late

Cindy, I've also read that b/f braids or extensions to also strengthen your hair w/ a protein treatment. I did this in December when I got a sew-in and when I took it down my hair was in very good shape.

Thanx, I DC with a protein conditoner and I applied leave-in with protein. Hopefully everything works out ok.

I have also heard that protein is good before braiding. Make sure you do a moisturizing DC after the protien DC (depending how strong it is) , the protein can be very drying
Thanx, I DC with a protein conditoner and I applied leave-in with protein. Hopefully everything works out ok.

Hi ladies - I am on vacation in Phoenix but I had to check in and report that my hair is doing well. I blowdried and flat ironed my hair today for the first time since January. I can really tell the difference. My hair is thicker (maybe too thick) and it has grown. I will be posting updated pics soon. I'm so excited. Although, I really did not want to put all that heat on my hair. Anyways, taking care of my hair seems to be working.

Back