Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

I know I need to reply and support you guys more but I gotta tell you how wack I treated my hair yesterday. I wore it out - first of all. I put a clip in it that I played with all night, losing hair every ding dang time I repositioned my strategically placed free fall curls. I forgot to pack my bonnet so I went to bed bare a$$ headed without moisturizing or anything. And then - OMIGOSH, my husband got frisky and got friendly with my 'do. Lawd, I woke up this morning and my hair wouldn't even talk to me. I need a clarify because of the BT, I need a DC because of the dry heat. I need a whipping for being so trifling.

I am off to beg my hair's forgiveness by putting on a pre-poo and baggying my hair under a wig and going out with my hubby and dance, dance, dance. The heat from my boogying should help a bit till I get back to the hotel.

I promise I'll read and reply sometime on Sunday.

(highly generic support) Everybody keep up the good work!:look:

I need some HELP! I got a touch-up last week and my hair is now breaking off:wallbash:! I went 9 weeks with out relaxing and my hair was looking soooo great!!:grin: It was looking healthy, shiny and full. Now,:nono: it looks thin, stingy and it's breaking. What should I do"?? after I got the relaxer I got a deep condtioner for 30 mins under the hooded dryer. I am thinking about getting a protein treatment. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible that my hair is breaking because I have chemical burns?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. This is what worries me about getting retouches(I use a texturizer). I hope you do get an answer if you post on the main board, I'm curious to hear what the experts have to say as well.

Oh! And thanks KLomax, Fiya'slovechild and Ms. AmerAKA:sunshine:!

I have one issue that I think might hinder my progress. My crown, it keeps on breaking. I know there are a lot of threads which talk about people having the same problem. But my question is, has anyone on here have the same problem AND found a solution that helps retain length in the crown area?

Is babying the only thing? Keep adding moisture to it? protein treatment? Seal with oil all the time?

If I have to do trial and error, I think for the next 6 months (with all the other things that I'm doing) I'll be coating the hair in my crown area with Dove-nutri serum body lotion. It seems like the only thing so far that maintains the moisture level. I'll let you know what the results are in 6 months :yawn:.

I had the same thing happen. Though you can't see it in my siggie, there is a clump of hair in my crown area that just broke off for some reason. Every where else my hair is healthy and strong. I think what happened with me is I liked to wear my hair in updos with hairsticks and clips, and most of the time it was after I would wash my hair. I think doing this on wet hair was just too much and it started to pull and stretch and then break this clump of hair. I no longer do this and my hair in that are is finally starting to come back, but it does NOT grow as fast as the rest of my hair. On me, this area has got to be my most fragile area, so I have learned to really be gentle with it and even when I'm detangling I'm extra careful not to pull and just really take my time with that area, otherwise, it just doesn't seem to be able to take it. Oh, and moisture, moisture, moisture really seemed to help in my case.

Please let us know how the Dove-nutri serum body lotion works for you.

Whew!!! I did it, read through all 43 pages of the thread and I soooooooo hope it's not to late for me to join.

I've been lurking through the forum for about a month and a half now got so obsessed with it that I paid my $5 and joined about 2 weeks or so ago.

2008 has brought me a new outlook on my hair. I was and still am an adimmited PJ. I buy hair products like there is no end. But that is all I would do, buy them use them a couple of times and then it's on to the next new thing. I did wash and condition, and roller set weekly but that is all I did, wasn't really paying much attention to the health and growth of my hair. But since I have stumbled upon this forum I am now gun ho and motivated to improve the health of my hair and grow it out. My goal is to be full APL by Aug. 08, and I hope that is a realistic goal for me. I refinded what I was doing, and I now DC, wash, condition, rinse, and roller set, twice a week (Wednesdays and Sundays)

My Reg is as follows:
I went out and brought me a hoodede stand dryer, not a PIBBS, but similar to it. I DC/pre poo (don't really know the difference) with Queen Helene Cholesterol w/Ginseng conditioner mixed with EVOO and JoJoba oil and I mix in some Nexus Humectress. I read in one of the post that it's better to DC on dry hair. So I coat my hair down with the stuff and sit under the dryer for an hour with it. I think I'm going to change my DC to Emergencia, but I'm not sure if it a protein or mosturizing conditioner, anyone know.

I shampoo with KUZ Double Tip Preventive Shampoo. About 2 months ago I stopped into my local HSS, and asked the sales lady what to get for the terrible breakage I was experiencing at the nape of my hair which she said probably came from my hat and scarf. Well the sales lady who was dominican recommended KUZ to me both the shampoo and the conditioner. She said, "Now listen Mommie I see you in here all the time buying all kinds of stuff, buy this and stick with it and see how it works for you". So that is what I'm trying to do. I have been pretty happy with it so far.

I condition with KUZ Restructuring Cream. I sit with that in for 15 - 20 min. under the dryer. Recently I added Kerastase Resistance Ciment Anti-Usure which is like a rinse, the directions say leave on 3 min. then rinse, so I leave it on for 5 - 10. (I'm not to sure how I like it as I just started using it, but I do know that sucker cost nearly $40 bucks, so I'm sure going to give it a try)

Leave-In: Salerm Biomarine or Salerm 21. I also use Salerm Biokera Restructuring Treatment for end, KUZ Growth Regenerator on scalp, and Alter Ego Bio Styling on scalp.

I've also started taking vitamins daily - B-12 2500mg, Flax Oil 1000 mg, Biotin 2500 mcg, Vitamin E 800 iu and One A Day Women's with Calcium

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to post my current pic.

10wsks9.jpg

Hope this works

I know I need to reply and support you guys more but I gotta tell you how wack I treated my hair yesterday. I wore it out - first of all. I put a clip in it that I played with all night, losing hair every ding dang time I repositioned my strategically placed free fall curls. I forgot to pack my bonnet so I went to bed bare a$$ headed without moisturizing or anything. And then - OMIGOSH, my husband got frisky and got friendly with my 'do. Lawd, I woke up this morning and my hair wouldn't even talk to me. I need a clarify because of the BT, I need a DC because of the dry heat. I need a whipping for being so trifling.

I am off to beg my hair's forgiveness by putting on a pre-poo and baggying my hair under a wig and going out with my hubby and dance, dance, dance. The heat from my boogying should help a bit till I get back to the hotel.

I promise I'll read and reply sometime on Sunday.

(highly generic support) Everybody keep up the good work!:look:

Oh wow. Thats horrible. But i'm sure your hair will accept your apology. Give it a good DC and some tlc and you two will be back on good terms.

I have a question for everyone.

I've been seeing post around the threads that say wrapping your hair isn't any good, I need to find out why.

I wrap my hair every night. I do however notice that I have breakage in the back of my hair, and it wasn't until lately that I figured it out that it's probably coming from wrapping, because it's happing in the same exact area where I start my wrap. What am I doing wrong!!!!!

I have seen lots of members w/your type hair...starting where you are right now... achieve tremendous growth(BS & longer) w/ rollersets,bunning(even) flat ironing...perhaps you should take a look at their FOTKI's... find a hair twin or cuzzin and see what's working for them( I know I am always on the look out:sekret:)...

Check out these FOTKI's RA(sylver2).....JenniferMD....Anky..all have BEAUTIFUL HAIR(I think they are your hair type)...definitely take a look at the beginning pics...they are truly inspirational....Good luck & happy growing :peace::peace::peace:

Great idea!!! Thank you....and off I go to stalk some FOTKI's....:grin:

I've been seeing post around the threads that say wrapping your hair isn't any good, I need to find out why.

I wrap my hair every night. I do however notice that I have breakage in the back of my hair, and it wasn't until lately that I figured it out that it's probably coming from wrapping, because it's happing in the same exact area where I start my wrap. What am I doing wrong!!!!!

Here's a good thread on wrapping. I believe it has to do with the amount of combing, brushing and manipulation - especially where the wrapping is started. Some ladies have come up with alternatives or pay close attention to their methods of conditioning and moisturizing to prevent breakage.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=98338&highlight=wrapping

In addition to what HotR said, some people find that wrapping their hairs causes one side to thin out. so they alternate which side the wrap goes each night to avoid this.

Ladies

Someone sent me a PM and Its started out saying how great this thread was and it went on.....

One of the things that was bought to my attention was the fact that out of all the ppl that stated they would like to be apart of this challenge only around 6-7 ppl replies to the question in the thread.

So I went back and read all the pages from page 1 to the last page and I must admit its true.

We have almost 5 ladies per day that say they want to be apart od this challenge and yet when I ask the weekly questions that we all can learn from only 6-7 ladies reply.

I ask these questions bc maybe if we see someone that have hair we admire we can see what theyre doing and what we may be able to take away from it.

I understand that we all have lives and we get busy and we all cant post 24/7 or even daily but 1 time out of the week im sure is not too much to ask for.

Last week I stated we would have a feature of the week just to say thank u to some1 who is very helpful in this thread and I was veryyyyyyy sad that less than 5 ppl said that you or anything to fiya'slovechild even thou she is one of the first person to welcome any new person to join this thread or that post a question or comment.

I feel we need to take this serious if we're going to be in this thread/challenge. I said from the start I wanted to be serious and I dont understand why ppl join challenges just to never look back after saying im in.

I'm going to give eveyone a chance to get it together and start being apart of this family if thats what you really want.

By March 1st when its time to post new progress pics I will go thru this thread from top to bottom and take notes and all the ladies who have only said they were in and never post again or add pics or regimen which was due by feb 1st and right away for anyone who joined after that date I will no longer consider them apart of this challenge and will PM them to let them know.

I know that maybe a little harsh but I believe we have to be firm to see results and results is what we want, its the reason we're here.

So many ladies here have had results I've only dreamed about and I'm determine for us to be right along with those ladies and heads that future newbies could look up to.

This newbie thread have grown so fast and I know its where newbie that maybe will joined years from now will look at for results or info so many others things .

I think I got everything off my mind that was building up. Plz feel free to reply or not.

I didnt re-read or spell check so sorry if anything was hard to understand

Whew!!! I did it, read through all 43 pages of the thread and I soooooooo hope it's not to late for me to join.

I've been lurking through the forum for about a month and a half now got so obsessed with it that I paid my $5 and joined about 2 weeks or so ago.

2008 has brought me a new outlook on my hair. I was and still am an adimmited PJ. I buy hair products like there is no end. But that is all I would do, buy them use them a couple of times and then it's on to the next new thing. I did wash and condition, and roller set weekly but that is all I did, wasn't really paying much attention to the health and growth of my hair. But since I have stumbled upon this forum I am now gun ho and motivated to improve the health of my hair and grow it out. My goal is to be full APL by Aug. 08, and I hope that is a realistic goal for me. I refinded what I was doing, and I now DC, wash, condition, rinse, and roller set, twice a week (Wednesdays and Sundays)

My Reg is as follows:
I went out and brought me a hoodede stand dryer, not a PIBBS, but similar to it. I DC/pre poo (don't really know the difference) with Queen Helene Cholesterol w/Ginseng conditioner mixed with EVOO and JoJoba oil and I mix in some Nexus Humectress. I read in one of the post that it's better to DC on dry hair. So I coat my hair down with the stuff and sit under the dryer for an hour with it. I think I'm going to change my DC to Emergencia, but I'm not sure if it a protein or mosturizing conditioner, anyone know.

I shampoo with KUZ Double Tip Preventive Shampoo. About 2 months ago I stopped into my local HSS, and asked the sales lady what to get for the terrible breakage I was experiencing at the nape of my hair which she said probably came from my hat and scarf. Well the sales lady who was dominican recommended KUZ to me both the shampoo and the conditioner. She said, "Now listen Mommie I see you in here all the time buying all kinds of stuff, buy this and stick with it and see how it works for you". So that is what I'm trying to do. I have been pretty happy with it so far.

I condition with KUZ Restructuring Cream. I sit with that in for 15 - 20 min. under the dryer. Recently I added Kerastase Resistance Ciment Anti-Usure which is like a rinse, the directions say leave on 3 min. then rinse, so I leave it on for 5 - 10. (I'm not to sure how I like it as I just started using it, but I do know that sucker cost nearly $40 bucks, so I'm sure going to give it a try)

Leave-In: Salerm Biomarine or Salerm 21. I also use Salerm Biokera Restructuring Treatment for end, KUZ Growth Regenerator on scalp, and Alter Ego Bio Styling on scalp.

I've also started taking vitamins daily - B-12 2500mg, Flax Oil 1000 mg, Biotin 2500 mcg, Vitamin E 800 iu and One A Day Women's with Calcium

Welcome to our thread! :welcome:

Ladies

Someone sent me a PM and Its started out saying how great this thread was and it went on.....

One of the things that was bought to my attention was the fact that out of all the ppl that stated they would like to be apart of this challenge only around 6-7 ppl replies to the question in the thread.

So I went back and read all the pages from page 1 to the last page and I must admit its true.

We have almost 5 ladies per day that say they want to be apart od this challenge and yet when I ask the weekly questions that we all can learn from only 6-7 ladies reply.

I ask these questions bc maybe if we see someone that have hair we admire we can see what theyre doing and what we may be able to take away from it.

I understand that we all have lives and we get busy and we all cant post 24/7 or even daily but 1 time out of the week im sure is not too much to ask for.

Last week I stated we would have a feature of the week just to say thank u to some1 who is very helpful in this thread and I was veryyyyyyy sad that less than 5 ppl said that you or anything to fiya'slovechild even thou she is one of the first person to welcome any new person to join this thread or that post a question or comment.

I feel we need to take this serious if we're going to be in this thread/challenge. I said from the start I wanted to be serious and I dont understand why ppl join challenges just to never look back after saying im in.

I'm going to give eveyone a chance to get it together and start being apart of this family if thats what you really want.

By March 1st when its time to post new progress pics I will go thru this thread from top to bottom and take notes and all the ladies who have only said they were in and never post again or add pics or regimen which was due by feb 1st and right away for anyone who joined after that date I will no longer consider them apart of this challenge and will PM them to let them know.

I know that maybe a little harsh but I believe we have to be firm to see results and results is what we want, its the reason we're here.

So many ladies here have had results I've only dreamed about and I'm determine for us to be right along with those ladies and heads that future newbies could look up to.

This newbie thread have grown so fast and I know its where newbie that maybe will joined years from now will look at for results or info so many others things .

I think I got everything off my mind that was building up. Plz feel free to reply or not.

I know I haven't posted in a while mainly because this thread has exploded in pages and I can't keep up with it, and also I don't really have any progress to share at the moment - mainly some setbacks dealing w/ dandruff and everything. And I don't see a lot of naturals in this thread either.

That's how I feel too! The thread has grown so much that if I miss a day or two I can't keep up. Also, I get a little lost because I would love to see more naturals posting their regimens so I can finally get an idea to fine tune mine. Most of the regimens are posted by relaxed heads which teaches me so much too!!

I know I haven't posted in a while mainly because this thread has exploded in pages and I can't keep up with it, and also I don't really have any progress to share at the moment - mainly some setbacks dealing w/ dandruff and everything. And I don't see a lot of naturals in this thread either.

Now I see that the 2 of you are naturals. Posting ur regimen and finding out what each other uses can be helpful. Also sharing what you've learned from exploring the board might be helpful bc sometimes you find things another person may not see. The two of you can be the ones newbies who are natural look to when they come in this thread.

Also if you are having setbacks you should post it we may have ideas that may help you not bc we are relaxed dont mean we dont care about ur natural head bc we do.

That's how I feel too! The thread has grown so much that if I miss a day or two I can't keep up. Also, I get a little lost because I would love to see more naturals posting their regimens so I can finally get an idea to fine tune mine. Most of the regimens are posted by relaxed heads which teaches me so much too!!

I feel that same. I try to log on each day and read the questions, but I get so lost with all of the other posts, I just simply lost track. If you in it, you in it, if not, then don't.

I feel that same. I try to log on each day and read the questions, but I get so lost with all of the other posts, I just simply lost track. If you in it, you in it, if not, then don't.

Yup thats exactly my point. I just dont need ppl saying their in just bc they see others doing it thats just taking up space and throwing us off.

This thread is so helpful I see so many ppl getting help and helping each other and it just makes me upset that ppl cant be serious about something so simply as being apart of something or not..

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen. Though you can't see it in my siggie, there is a clump of hair in my crown area that just broke off for some reason. Every where else my hair is healthy and strong. I think what happened with me is I liked to wear my hair in updos with hairsticks and clips, and most of the time it was after I would wash my hair. I think doing this on wet hair was just too much and it started to pull and stretch and then break this clump of hair. I no longer do this and my hair in that are is finally starting to come back, but it does NOT grow as fast as the rest of my hair. On me, this area has got to be my most fragile area, so I have learned to really be gentle with it and even when I'm detangling I'm extra careful not to pull and just really take my time with that area, otherwise, it just doesn't seem to be able to take it. Oh, and moisture, moisture, moisture really seemed to help in my case.

Please let us know how the Dove-nutri serum body lotion works for you.

My hair is EXACTLY like this!! Last year I grew my hair out from SL to almost APL by bunning after washing andwearing in a protective stlye for 80% of the time. The rest of my hair grew like gangbusters, but the crown was so jacked, I had to get layers (Some of which I am still growing out now). The key for me it to moisturize that section seprately, adding a little more of whatever -whenever I put something on my hair and checking it for breakage religiously. I also stopped bunning wet as this seemed to add some stress on that portion of my hair for whatever reason. I now do all my protective styles after my hair has dried...If I see something going on I don't like, I back-track and figure out exactly what it was that the crown area didn't like. It's getting SO much better now that I have really been focusing on it!:yep:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Happy Sunday!....I wanted to say thanks for all for the warm welcomes, I really appreciate it. I feel like I belong here, on some of the other threads I felt a little out of my league/out of place.

Sitting here under the dryer now DCing. Of course I have to report that I changed up my reg this go round. When I washed my hair last Wednesday it wasn't really bangin the way it was the past couple of time, it felt a little dry and brittle, still had a decent shine but not as soft. Soooooo after reading around the forum and checking out "helathytextures" and reading some of Sistaslick's articles on dry hair I think what was happening was that I was over doing it on the protein. The KUZ products have wheat protein in them, and I was DCing with Cholesterol all twice a week for the past 2 weeks.

This time I went the moisture route I have a moisture reconstructor conditioner by "AtOne" and their moisture shampoo. So I DC'd with the reconstructor mixed with Nexus Humetress under the dryer for 1 hr. Will shampoo, and follow with a JoJoba Oil hot oil treatment for 30 min under the dryer Hope it makes a difference. I'll keep you posted

I wrap, but try to switch it up. Like one day I will go counterclockiwse and start in the back wrapping. The next night, I will wrap clockwise and start on the side or something. I definitely alternate directions and where I start wrapping form each night to minimize stress on that section. I have also heard of a cross wrap, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe you can do a search on the baord for the cross wrap technique?

Ladies

I feel you. It's hard for me to keep up with all the new ladies joining. I used to try to say Hello and Welcome, but it was hard to do once so many ladies started joining. I hope no one feels slighted.

I think the title of the post "Newbies...All r Welcome" and the thread length is what's continuing to draw folks in. They are like...whew, if so many ladies are in this thing, I want to join, too!!

Are you going to post a new listing of the thread participants on March 1?

Thanks, as the OP ("original poster", for my fellow newbies) for this thread, you have done a GREAT job of keeping us in line and all together! :yep: Thanks again, I know it's a lot to keep up with.

Thanks "FindingMe". I'm definitely going to start the alternate direction. Yesterday, that was part of my mission. While on "healthytextures" (HotRibena provided me a link to a wrapping thread here on LHCF and it lead me to to the site......Thanks) I saw a tutorial by Macherieamour on wrapping, and I think I'm going to try this technique for a while, along with the alternate wrapping, will see where it gets me.

Hi Ladies,

Happy Sunday!....I wanted to say thanks for all for the warm welcomes, I really appreciate it. I feel like I belong here, on some of the other threads I felt a little out of my league/out of place.

Sitting here under the dryer now DCing. Of course I have to report that I changed up my reg this go round. When I washed my hair last Wednesday it wasn't really bangin the way it was the past couple of time, it felt a little dry and brittle, still had a decent shine but not as soft. Soooooo after reading around the forum and checking out "helathytextures" and reading some of Sistaslick's articles on dry hair I think what was happening was that I was over doing it on the protein. The KUZ products have wheat protein in them, and I was DCing with Cholesterol all twice a week for the past 2 weeks.

This time I went the moisture route I have a moisture reconstructor conditioner by "AtOne" and their moisture shampoo. So I DC'd with the reconstructor mixed with Nexus Humetress under the dryer for 1 hr. Will shampoo, and follow with a JoJoba Oil hot oil treatment for 30 min under the dryer Hope it makes a difference. I'll keep you posted

Good for U!:yep: That's what I would have suggested, ty to add more moisture into your regi. Girl, I be reading SistaSlick and Macherie info like textbooks! :lachen:

Let us know how it turns out.

I feel you. It's hard for me to keep up with all the new ladies joining. I used to try to say Hello and Welcome, but it was hard to do once so many ladies started joining. I hope no one feels slighted.

I think the title of the post "Newbies...All r Welcome" and the thread length is what's continuing to draw folks in. They are like...whew, if so many ladies are in this thing, I want to join, too!!

Are you going to post a new listing of the thread participants on March 1?

Thanks, as the OP ("original poster", for my fellow newbies) for this thread, you have done a GREAT job of keeping us in line and all together! :yep: Thanks again, I know it's a lot to keep up with.

Thank you, Im trying but its so hard when u have ladies joining jus bc and I this this thread have a lot of good info here so I woudnt want to just leave it behind and never look back and just start another one. Im thinking I will have a new and final list of participants on march 1 and that will be it. I also wouldnt want to turn my back on anyone who is serious and wants to join us so after the march 1st list the only way to be in this challenge is to pm me and I will see if all the original ladies are fine with adding whoever will be new from that point on.

So I have to tell you ladies what I tried today

I did a clarifying poo for the first time today with ORS Aloe Shampoo
Followed by Keracare moisturizing shampoo
I DC'd with for 1 hour and a half
then con. with Herbal Essences Break's Over conditioner. My hair
feels so soft and like never b4 this is the best thing I have everrrrrr done to me hair.:yep:

Ladies you have got to try this conditioner it is yummy :lick: and gave my hair so much slip that I kept running the water over my hair thinking the conditioner didnt wash out, when it clearly did 5 mins ago.

This conditioner left my NG so soft it feels like I have a Jheri curl :lachen:

If you never try anything I suggest plz try this conditioner. I got it for 2.94. Im still in shock and cant stop looking at my hair:look:.

I've signed up and I've put braids in my hair. I will reveal it in 3 months. I'm taking very good care of it so, I'm sure I'll get good results.

I've signed up and I've put braids in my hair. I will reveal it in 3 months. I'm taking very good care of it so, I'm sure I'll get good results.

Just stop by once in a while to show ur support and just to tell how ur caring for ur hair while its in braids

Hi Ladies! I realize that I haven't posted in a few days and to be very frank I am slightly embarrased because I thought I could use my sisters digital camera to take pictures, but she conveniently can't "find it". So, I've been shopping around for one in my area and it seems as if all of the camera's that are reasonably priced are out of stock:nono:. One of the sales guys made a comment that it was "tax season" and most stores are out. Interesting, but whatever.

Needless to say, I am settling for sending you guys a few from my camera phone (I know...I think it's really ghetto too, but I gotta do what I gotta do to start this process.)

Anyway, I thought that I would be able to get my ends trimmed this weekend, but it didn't happen. Currently I am wearing my hair in a fall, with my natural hair braided underneath. My hair is 4a/b natural and lawd it's a challenge!!

Hopefully you can see the pics okay. Be gentle with the feedback, I'm a lil camera shy...tis why I shadow'd my face!:blush:

290ybya.jpg

2rwxndl.jpg

Back