Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

So I think my hair is a little thicker now. Still thin but way better than b4. I'm also 9 weeks post so that may be helping. In the past I use to relax every 4 weeks :nono:

view.php

YEP!!:grin: It ABSOLUTELY looks thicker to me!!! Way to grow, pr3tty!!!:drunk:

So I think my hair is a little thicker now. Still thin but way better than b4. I'm also 9 weeks post so that may be helping. In the past I use to relax every 4 weeks :nono:

view.php

OKay, I had to go back and edit my comment after seeing the before pic. WOW! you hair looks really good! YAY!!! :grin:
What are the biggest differences in your regimen now and what you were doing before?

Last edited:
EVOO and Honey sounds goood! Gotta try that! Do you ever try baggying? I've never done it, but it sounds like its a great way to keep you hair moisturized. Also, I have been using the Elasta QP Mango Butter, and so far I like it....

How do you use the Elasta QP Mango Butter? I put it on the ends of my hair each night.

Yes, I wanna know how you guys are using that Mango Butter as well. I swear I am the biggest PJ! :grin:

Can someone tell me what is NTM or MTM? I do use a wig cap, but I think Pr3tty asked me if I use one. What is it and how does it help the cause?

Thanx ladies.. I really appreciate it.

This is long.... Had to get this off my chest

Before I was treating my hair soooo bad. I've always had fine thin hair. I never DC ever. When I would go to the hairdresser I was beg her not to make me DC... Can you believe that? then I would blow dry always That was my fav. I would also relax every 4 weeks.

All that time Ive never cared I would put a weave in and called it a day.

The Summer before last Summer was the worst. This is what happened.....

I went out to eat with DH and saw a lady with shoulder length hair black with pink in the front (I would say her bangs but longer than bangs). Now pink is my fav. color. Loveeeeee Pink so me being stupid couldnt stop looking and talking about it.

I talked about this girl for weeks. My hair was shoulder length and in ok condition. I went to my stylist and told her what I saw and wanted. She said ok and sent me to get the colors to make it pink. WHY OH WHY DIDNT SHE TRY TO STOP ME. This fool (Im getting angry thinking about it) put bleach or whatever you call it in my hair and put me under the dryer. She said this would make my hair white to take the pink.

Me not knowing anythink about hair let her do this. The bleach ran all over my head so now not only are the bangs I wanted in the first place bleached but all down the middle and back. She put the pink on it that she told me to get and it turned out bright red.

She tried to get it to pink and it didnt work. I went home and cried for two days straight. I would touch my hair and it would come all out in my hand. I went to someone else who rinsed it brown and cut it all off every drop. I had less than an inch of hair summer b4 last summer.

I started to get braids which I would have to pay so much for bc they said my hair was so short. I did braid for a couple of months. I went back to the first lady that did this to my hair I just dont learn. She started to tel me how much my hair was growing back. She never once said anything about the color she did.

she would do my weave and leave the top out to cover the weave. My hair grew back from her weaving it and guess what the last weave she did she permed my edges and left me sitting there for 30 mins with perm on my edges. When she washed the perm from my edges I had cuts all over the sides. So now my right side was completely gone no hair.

I guess I finally learned my lesson and stop going to her. I went back to the Africans and did half styles and that got my hair back to my starting pic.

My left side is still not like the right but Im working on it and the front of my hair that was always left out is still very think and the shortest.

I had 2 relaxers since and they were 4 weeks apart after that I decided to start taking care of my hair and thats when I found this site.

Since finding this site Im 9 weeks post, I DC every week and I protect my hair and sides. I baby my hair and now I can clearly see and feel the difference.

OH yea and almost $400.00 in products later, which I dont regret.

Now I do my hair by myself and will maybe let my mom help with my relaxer.

Hey, I wanna join in

I am doing a deep condition 3 nights a week with nexxus humectress (not too too fond of it...its like my hair eats it up), i LOVE jojoba oil (its perfect for my hair), i use the tonic and the vit in my siggy EVERY MORNING

**I'm still having issues loading the pics from my camera to my computer....hopin to get this fixed in about a week***

Any suggestions for a maybe heavier conditioner???

Yes, I wanna know how you guys are using that Mango Butter as well. I swear I am the biggest PJ! :grin:

Can someone tell me what is NTM or MTM? I do use a wig cap, but I think Pr3tty asked me if I use one. What is it and how does it help the cause?

I just started using it, maybe a week ago because I have heard so many people talkin it about it on here (thats the PJ in me trying to come out! :grin:

I just put some in the palm of my hands and carefully put it on my ends, I say carefully because I don't want to mess up this twistout! :nono:. I usually do it when I wake up and then put my satin cap back on and take a shower. They I spray with Olive Oil sheen (thats my attempt to seal..:ohwell:)

Before I was treating my hair soooo bad. I've always had fine thin hair. I never DC ever. When I would go to the hairdresser I was beg her not to make me DC... Can you believe that? then I would blow dry always That was my fav. I would also relax every 4 weeks.

I went out to eat with DH and saw a lady with shoulder length hair black with pink in the front (I would say her bangs but longer than bangs). Now pink is my fav. color. Loveeeeee Pink so me being stupid couldnt stop looking and talking about it.

I talked about this girl for weeks. My hair was shoulder length and in ok condition. I went to my stylist and told her what I saw and wanted. She said ok and sent me to get the colors to make it pink. WHY OH WHY DIDNT SHE TRY TO STOP ME. This fool (Im getting angry thinking about it) put bleach or whatever you call it in my hair and put me under the dryer. She said this would make my hair white to take the pink.

Me not knowing anythink about hair let her do this. The bleach ran all over my head so now not only are the bangs I wanted in the first place bleached but all down the middle and back. She put the pink on it that she told me to get and it turned out bright red.

She tried to get it to pink and it didnt work. I went home and cried for two days straight. I would touch my hair and it would come all out in my hand. I went to someone else who rinsed it brown and cut it all off every drop. I had less than an inch of hair summer b4 last summer.

I started to get braids which I would have to pay so much for bc they said my hair was so short. I did braid for a couple of months. I went back to the first lady that did this to my hair I just dont learn. She started to tel me how much my hair was growing back. She never once said anything about the color she did.

she would do my weave and leave the top out to cover the weave. My hair grew back from her weaving it and guess what the last weave she did she permed my edges and left me sitting there for 30 mins with perm on my edges. When she washed the perm from my edges I had cuts all over the sides. So now my right side was completely gone no hair.

I guess I finally learned my lesson and stop going to her. I went back to the Africans and did half styles and that got my hair back to my starting pic.

My left side is still not like the right but Im working on it and the front of my hair that was always left out is still very think and the shortest.

I had 2 relaxers since and they were 4 weeks apart after that I decided to start taking care of my hair and thats when I found this site.

Since finding this site Im 9 weeks post, I DC every week and I protect my hair and sides. I baby my hair and now I can clearly see and feel the difference.

WOW, Pr3tty, you have come a looong way. The parts that I bolded are the parts that are oh too familiar to me. I always prefered the blowdryer, "didn't have time" to deep condition, relaxer every 4-6 weeks, a slave to heat :wallbash:. And I also had a stylist who didn't tell me when things weren't a good idea for my hair. She only commented on it after she jacked it up :shocked: "Yea you're hair is fallin out because of that color and relaxer we did 4 weeks ago and this texturizer we just put in today" :censored: And at this time I was getting weaves with the top and the sides of my hair left out and they suffered. Needless to say, I stopped going to that chick, and kept my hair braided by the Africans for a year.... So here we all are, trying to figure it out...

WOW, Pr3tty, you have come a looong way. The parts that I bolded are the parts that are oh too familiar to me. I always prefered the blowdryer, "didn't have time" to deep condition, relaxer every 4-6 weeks, a slave to heat :wallbash:. And I also had a stylist who didn't tell me when things weren't a good idea for my hair. She only commented on it after she jacked it up :shocked: "Yea you're hair is fallin out because of that color and relaxer we did 4 weeks ago and this texturizer we just put in today" :censored: And at this time I was getting weaves with the top and the sides of my hair left out and they suffered. Needless to say, I stopped going to that chick, and kept my hair braided by the Africans for a year.... So here we all are, trying to figure it out...

Yup.. I'm so happy to be learning so much and sometimes I get so angry when I think back at all the bad things I did to my hair. We live and we learn. I think some stylist just care about the money cause if not they can refuse to do something they know will leave u bold.

oooohhhh, girl. :nono: I am SOOO glad you are now a member of LHCF!:yep: That testimony makes your after pic all that much more impactful! Your hair really does look great!!! Careful with the relaxers- get one that has the color coded neutralizing shampoo-- That helps me a lot as an DIYer! I am also going to try the "sprush" Galadriel mentioned from her texlax post, as it should help make the application more precise.

oooohhhh, girl. :nono: I am SOOO glad you are now a member of LHCF!:yep: That testimony makes your after pic all that much more impactful! Your hair really does look great!!! Careful with the relaxers- get one that has the color coded neutralizing shampoo-- That helps me a lot as an DIYer! I am also going to try the "sprush" Galadriel mentioned from her texlax post, as it should help make the application more precise.

Thanx Finding Me....I was thinking about that I have to find it.. Which one r u using?

We need a weekly question.....
  • If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like?
  • How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair?
  • What steps are you taking to get there?

Here are mine..
If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like? it would be jet black and bra strap length, why because I think that is a managable length that I could handle, also it would add to my cuteness factor!! :grin:
How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? I think that with proper hair care and consistency I will reach this goal in two years
What steps are you taking to get there? I joined LHCF, I am stretching my relaxers to prevent overlapping and overprocessing, I am experimenting with growth aids and products to find what my hair likes. I am going to use the Crown and Glory method so I know that I am on the way to loooonnnnnggggg hhhhuuuuurrrr!!!! :lick:

My answers:

We need a weekly question.....
  • If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like? healthy, bsl, shiny, moist, did I say healthy?
  • How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? I'll go with akima and say two years.
  • What steps are you taking to get there? Keeping my hair moisturized, taking vitamins, eating better, doing protective styling, using growth aids, staying committed, taking my time and making wise choices for my hair. Learning about proper haircare and needs.

The reason I didnt do the question of the week this week is bc this thread is getting really big and I wanted to give every1 a week to catch up on the pages they didnt get to yet. I seen a lot of questions with no answers yet.

The reason I didnt do the question of the week this week is bc this thread is getting really big and I wanted to give every1 a week to catch up on the pages they didnt get to yet. I seen a lot of questions with no answers yet.

Did you want to be the only person that asked a 'question of the week'? I will delete the question if it makes you feel more comfortable as the OP of this thread....let me know.....

Back