Newbie Alert! (with pictures, of course!)

ellcee34

Hi Ladies :hiya2:,

I've been lurking for ages now, and enough is enough!

Where do I even begin with my hair story? For much of my life, I've been wearing some kind of fake hair. From ages 9 to 15, it was mainly braids. (Brandy was my IDOL!) Then I started dabbling in weaves, and have been alternating pretty much since. Around this time last year, I found out that hair boards even existed and discovered all kinds of beautiful weaving hair online. Goodbye, BSS! But, as great as my sew-ins might look (or at least as great as I like to think they do...), they've done major damage to my edges. On my last weave, the cornrows were done so tight that hairs were just popping out of my scalp left and right :wallbash:. So now, I'm hopping on the healthy hair bandwagon and making cute styles my SECOND priority.

No more weaves for me (for now). For the next year, I plan on wigging it and hopefully, with all of your help, I'll have that thick, luxurious hair I'm craving :crossfingers:.

Oh, here are some details: I'm natural, have been for years. I had a relaxer a few times back in the day...never knew I was transitioning, but I guess I did, and now I'm 100% naptastic. I would say I'm 4a...let me know if you think otherwise, though. When shrinkage is not killing me, my hair ranges from about lower lip/chin length in the very front to shoulder length in the middle to just below collar bone in the back. I haven't straightened all of my hair in forever, but I will soon just to do a starting length check (especially now that I got my new Maxiglide :wiggle:) before my wig challenge.

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for all your help so far. HHG! And HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Some pics are below: 1. Major shrinkage + conditioner 2. Back stretched from about August or so (maybe it's longer now?) Oh, and sorry about the red square. I was making a face... 3. Kinky twists I did MYSELF!!! learned from you ladies :yep:

Last edited:
Welcome. You and your hair are so pretty. It looks like you are well on your way to APL since collarbone is past shoulder length. (Am I right on that one, ladies?? :perplexed) I wish we could see a pic of your hair stretched in the back.

It looks like you have much of the health you said you want to have. Your hair looks great! Glad you are here at the Forum!!!!

cj

Back