A Cautionary Tale (Pictures Included Of Course)

Aww! Your hair is still quite lovely. There are women out there who would kill for that length! you've done quite well at retaining your length with that color- I've been blonde many times in my day and each time, I practically went bald. Had to get the Anita Baker, the Halle Berry and the Toni Braxton way before anyone had ever heard of them!!! So good job on babying your hair and keep it up--you will achieve WL hair!

You hair is beautiful! There isn't to many of us that can lift the pigment of our hair to that degree and still have it down our backs. This process left me bald years ago, so you are taking great care of your hair. I love the color still!

I know your disappointed but as others have said your hair does appear to be thicker. You have a good stylist and a good game plan so I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time. HHG :D

Echoing similar sentiments, despite your disappointment in length your hair looks great. At least you may have pinpointed the issue.

Hey Janet' I agree that your hair has improved and that altogether you have lovely head of hair, and I know it will only get better! :heart: Be encouraged

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. But on the lighter note your hair looks great! I hope that the rest of the year will be better in terms of growth for you. Thanks for sharing your drool worthy pics!

Dont be so hard on yourself. I do see progress and tho it may not be what you expected its good that you know now what its going to take to get you to your next goal. And your hair is in good hands too! I look forward to seeing the new color for the fall. I know its going to be beautiful! Look at this as a learning experience. I know its helping me so thank you for sharing your story. Hair is still lovely.

WTH?!?!?!? @ THE BOLDED.......:ot:

QUOTE: BlackMasterPiece If your hair is mostly grey, why would you need to lift your hair to achieve blonde or lighter colors? My mom can bring her hair to whatever color she wants with nothing more than a semi permanent color over her greys.....

Anyhow I think it will be a great move to go for a warmer tone, I personally feel the blonde is too light and stark for you, if you do light highlights, I suggest you do them like lover4fashion does them, in a more understated way.

I really like the idea of a warm red on you.

I totally know how you feel when it comes to color. Your hair looks beautiful and I I hope you reach all your goals![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I agree that it looks more full Janet and you've got a new way you'll go about your regimen, so that could resolve any retention problem. I'm having to see that my hair is getting more fullness than length as of late.

janet- I'm claiming it for you- you WILL reach your goal of WL very soon :yep:. There's no way a person can be as genuinely sweet as you are to everyone, and not be blessed in their own life.

And this is a little OT, but bump it: if there is one thing I respect and appreciate, it's a "rider" as a BFF. That is you ALL DAY Missjae09, and I LOVE it :yep: :grin: Tis all on that.

Janet'
great pics! thanks for the update. Tamika did a great job!
looks like you're only a few inches from WL!!! maybe by end of year or early next year?
I didn't read everything so you may have already answered this...are you planning on coloring again?

I wouldn't call it a set back. Your hair is definitely thicker than the first pic. The ends filled in really nicely. Overall it's still great progress!! Congrats Janet!!! :yay:
I couldn't agree more!! Sometimes progress comes by way of thickness (and honestly it does look longer to me :yep:) Your hair is still beautiful though and you should be proud!

Janet'
great pics! thanks for the update. Tamika did a great job!
looks like you're only a few inches from WL!!! maybe by end of year or early next year?
I didn't read everything so you may have already answered this...are you planning on coloring again?

Whimsy- Yes, I am- just not as bright

But err um--YOUR HAIR!!!! The bob is too cute!!!! Wow! You were NOT playing were you?!

You have such a pretty face with pretty features. I think any color will look nice on you. Your hair looks great!!!

@Whimsy- Yes, I am- just not as bright

But err um--YOUR HAIR!!!! The bob is too cute!!!! Wow! You were NOT playing were you?!

Ooooh well post pics when you do!! You know we need to see and drool.:grin:

Dag you're gunna have to be extra gentle with your hair after coloring. I'm sure you'll keep it healthy and keep it growing like a weed.:yep:

PS I know the main goal is WL right now, but is there a HL 2012 thread...you can be in the running for that too!!

Ooooh well post pics when you do!! You know we need to see and drool.:grin:

Dag you're gunna have to be extra gentle with your hair after coloring. I'm sure you'll keep it healthy and keep it growing like a weed.:yep:

PS I know the main goal is WL right now, but is there a HL 2012 thread...you can be in the running for that too!!

Whimsy actually dontspeakdefeat is going to put a darker color over the blonde to coat it so that hopefully the breakage will stop and I can get my retention back...

I also wanted to say your hair looks really really good! I hope to one day be your length. I know you'll reach your dream length because you have a plan, a great stylist, and you deserve it!

Good info Janet'

I JUST started coloring this year. I'm kinda nervous about it. Its not a light color, but they had to leave it on my hair for a while because my hair "would not lift." So...am I in trouble? I've noticed a serious stall in my retention too.

I can't wait to see your new color and hear how you are taking care of your hair! Thanks again for the great info.

Good info Janet'

I JUST started coloring this year. I'm kinda nervous about it. Its not a light color, but they had to leave it on my hair for a while because my hair "would not lift." So...am I in trouble? I've noticed a serious stall in my retention too.

I can't wait to see your new color and hear how you are taking care of your hair! Thanks again for the great info.

wyldcurlz-- I think it really depends on each person's head, but I will say that increasing deep conditioning, protein treatments, and generally baby-ing your hair could never be a bad thing...The thing is...and let me see if I can find pics--I've had blonde before--never this light--but have not had a problem with retention until this last go round...Lesson learned and if this will help anyone else make a decision that's best for them- I'm glad.

The first two pics are my previous color--it was browinish with a lil blonde sprinkled in; The second two are when I first colored in July '10; The last is from a couple of days ago...

Attachments

• 20091115_51.JPG
    20091115_51.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20091122_26.JPG
    20091122_26.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Hair 19.jpg
    Hair 19.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Hair 26.jpg
    Hair 26.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 65
  • July Hair Update 012.JPG
    July Hair Update 012.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 62
Thank you for sharing your story and pics.....This thread has helped out a lot of us who were considering coloring and what we need to do to keep our hair healthy and how to retain our length in the process.

Love your ends!! Love your hair in the last pic! :-)
@wyldcurlz-- I think it really depends on each person's head, but I will say that increasing deep conditioning, protein treatments, and generally baby-ing your hair could never be a bad thing...The thing is...and let me see if I can find pics--I've had blonde before--never this light--but have not had a problem with retention until this last go round...Lesson learned and if this will help anyone else make a decision that's best for them- I'm glad.

The first two pics are my previous color--it was browinish with a lil blonde sprinkled in; The second two are when I first colored in July '10; The last is from a couple of days ago...

Sending {{{HUGS}}} your way! I'm sure you will recover from this setback - your hair will be WL before you know it!

Janet. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I am so sorry that you are having problems with retention.:bighug: To be honest, I had a color similar to this about eight years ago, maybe and to tell the truth, I didn't really retain then either. In any case, you have now determined what the problem is and on to a solution. I will be cheering for you all the way! :grouphug2:

And I LOVE your cut! I am trying not to trim, but I just LOVE FRESH ENDS! Nothing like it. Seriously. :grin:

Back