New Type Of Hair Rollers

I've never heard of them but I like the idea. If I had long hair I wouldn't go for it though. I wonder if you can use heat with them? @Atthatday can you post the eBay link?

They look very interesting!

I perused the website and would probably buy if they came in a set with a choice of one particular color. I also would like to know how oils and greases will effect the roller and if it will degrade the roller material over time.

I bought these and as soon as my dh saw them he said he knew what they were and that his sisters had them years (not saying how many) ago. Note to self...do not use Spoolies on wet hair, damp maybe but not wet.

I bought these and as soon as my dh saw them he said he knew what they were and that his sisters had them years (not saying how many) ago. Note to self...do not use Spoolies on wet hair, damp maybe but not wet.

Yes, exactly this is not a new idea. I'm a bit older than some of y'all and these very same curlers were in my parents house years ago. I don't know if they were mine or my Mothers. The ones they are now calling Spoolies. You wrap your hair around the center core and then those end cups/caps whatever they call them kind of flip in to hold the curl. The very same thing. I'm gonna look on Pinterest to see a if anyone has them in their childhood memory pins.

Somebody gonna get rich off an old idea.

ETA: yep, went & checked Pinterest they're called Spoolies and the pic is there of the ones that were in my house. I guess they were my Mom's . The price was 16 rollers for .79cents.
Now these folks ripping off ideas & getting rich. Sorry I wish I knew how to copy pics from other sites.

Last edited:
Back