Satin Sponge Rollers

I bought some.. from Walmart they are Goody brand. I bought it on the recommendation of Kitch tican.

The roller are soft and are ok if you don't leave them in too long.

Does anyone know where they can be purchased in New York City??? I couldn't find the Hype Hair brand anywhere.

I bought some from Wal-Mart about two months ago and they are great. When I unroll my hair I never loose any hair.

well there is no wallys in NYC, is there anywhere in NY where these things can be purchased from

[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:
Will they make your hair really curly? Just asking because I have when my hair is too curly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just used the jumbo size by hype hair and LOVE the results, not at all curly. I sleep with 2 satin sponge rollers in loose pontails -- easy on the sleep and awesome bounce (no curls) just enough body for bounce and swing. I usually achieve the same look by sleeping in 2 large magnetic rollers (the red or purple onces -- it think they're 1 inch and 1.5 inch respectively). Anyway, the jumbo satin sponge works the same without the headache (pun intended). Just get the jumbo ones and roll hair loosely around, no problem . . .

[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:
Will they make your hair really curly? Just asking because I have when my hair is too curly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all. My curls were always loose and soft. People wouldn't even believe that I used rollers at all, they thought I used a curling iron or something. These rollers didn't leave those "roller marks' in my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all. My curls were always loose and soft. People wouldn't even believe that I used rollers at all, they thought I used a curling iron or something. These rollers didn't leave those "roller marks' in my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the pic!!!! I've been searching for these for so long but didn;t know what I was looking for! It was like a myth!!

I have the solar rollers these look better because they blend with your hair better!
smile.gif

I wish I had seen this pic before I left FL--Has anyone found these in NY yet?

I bought mine (the Hype Hair brand) at Walgreen's. I bought them in Long Island but I know there are Walgreen's around the city (NYC).

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the pic!!!! I've been searching for these for so long but didn;t know what I was looking for! It was like a myth!!

I have the solar rollers these look better because they blend with your hair better!
smile.gif

I wish I had seen this pic before I left FL--Has anyone found these in NY yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome! What material are the solar rollers made of?

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
What material are the solar rollers made of?

[/ QUOTE ]

The packaging doesn't state what they are made of. It's a weird shiny, gold material, but it doesn't pull/snag the hair. I have a pic of the solar rollers in my album.
Solar Rollers pics

Thanks for the pic...I've never seen those before. They look very soft and probably work just like the satin ones.

I have. I got the idea from Kitchen tician. The are not like regular rollers. It's a square ish thing covered in satin with long wire ends covered in satin too that bend to hold the roller in place after rolling the hair.

They are ok. Kind makes the hair too curly if left in over night.

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
I have. I got the idea from Kitchen tician. The are not like regular rollers. It's a square ish thing covered in satin with long wire ends covered in satin too that bend to hold the roller in place after rolling the hair.

They are ok. Kind makes the hair too curly if left in over night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Reginia,
wave.gif
I hope the rollers are working well for you. Yes, I agree the solar rollers can give a "tight" curl.
smile.gif

Back