new NATURALS: What are you looking forward to??

Freespirit02

I was just sitting here daydreaming about what I am looking forward to, regarding my natural hair journey. I just reached a "goal" the other day. I was waiting for my hair to get a certain size so I can wear this headband without looking funny..and I finally got there..:spinning:. Anyway..the thing I'm looking forward to,short term that is..is that I can't wait to do a twist out..i mean a fierce one:grin:. I suppose I will wait until my hair is ear length to do so..unless someone has a twist out method for tiny fros. My long term goal is when my hair is armpit length and i can do a beautiful press..:yep:. So ladies..what are you looking forward to??

Well I'm not a new natural but I can't wait to be able and stretch my hair to see what length it is in the back.

I also look forward to being able to make 10 huge braids or twists 5 on each side and call it a day.

I'm looking forward to doing a fierce frohawk. My first goal was the headband thing like you. I reached my second goal a couple of weeks ago whch was being able to do decent cornrows. I'm looking forward to doing flat twists and braid outs. But ultimately I just want to maintain a healthy head of hair

I'm looking forward to doing a fierce frohawk. My first goal was the headband thing like you. I reached my second goal a couple of weeks ago whch was being able to do decent cornrows. I'm looking forward to doing flat twists and braid outs. But ultimately I just want to maintain a healthy head of hair

ME TOO! I would love to do one..

Ahh.. :drunk:

I can't wait for the day I can wear a single, thick, long braid and keep it in for a few days as a protective style.

Great question OP. My next short time goal is for me to be able to pull all my hair up in a nice fluffy ponytail.:lick:

I'm not newly natural either but I can't wait for the day when my hair is long enough to do a decent looking rollerset without looking like I have a helmet on or looking like my grandmother and all of her friends.

I have a couple of goals.

First- I can't wait until I can get a little hang time on my twist/braid outs. I can do them now, but the combination of my 5" hair & shrinkage gives me a curly fro. Not an issue by any means, but a longer, bigger fro would be great :-)

My 2nd goal is a full, luscious puff or bun. Under running water, with lots of product, I MAY be able to get these few inches into a puff now, but it would not be cute. No way.

My first goal was met this month and that was getting my hair in a ponytail (see attached). The next goal for me is to have a puff about this size

freetress-afro-ponytail-53-p.jpg
when I put my hair in a ponytail.

After that it's being able to put my hair in two loose braids :D

Attachments

• 100_7477_1847.jpg
    100_7477_1847.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
My first goal was met this month and that was getting my hair in a ponytail (see attached). The next goal for me is to have a puff about this size

freetress-afro-ponytail-53-p.jpg
when I put my hair in a ponytail.

After that it's being able to put my hair in two loose braids :D

that hair looks soooooo yummy:lick:
Adding that style to my list

Im not that new..but I just wore my 1st bun this week..now I'm looking forward to sum hangtime when I wear a ponytail..also...being able to stretch my hair in the back with my own hand..LOL

1st goal- about 4 or 5 more inches so I won't look too crazy with my headband on.

2nd goal- a big a** puff

3rd goal- a BAA

I'm looking forward to the following:

-when my puff is HUGE.
-When my twistouts are SL
-When my twists fall past my shoulders

I would be happy with
-- a puff
-- a pony tail
-- a bun
-- or big fat twists that hang at least to the bottom of my neck.

Any one of those in any order would be fantastic.

I can't wait until I can do big, fluffy twist outs that actually hang down... lol.
And I would KILL to do a big, fluffy side pony puff. I am really into the 80s style so that would just make my day.

Not exactly new, but can't wait til the day when I can sport a huge afro where it looks like a wig!:yep::grin:

Natural for 3 years now..

Looking forward to a big bun. Right now they're decent, but I want to wrap my hair around a ponytail like 3 times LOL

I am also looking forward to being BSL curly. Right now I'm almost APL curly and my wash and go's look so much nicer.

I just reached a goal of doing a braided frohawk. I LOVE it!! Now I can't wait for:

-My frohawk to get bigger (It's a good size now but I want a huge one)
-an awesome APL twistout
-Some hang time onmy twistouts/braid outs and WNG's
-an awesome sizeed ponytail
-a beautiful press
-an insanely huge puff

Last edited:
I've hit alot of my hair goals already and I haven't reached my three year nappiversary yet, so I am pretty pleased with my hair. But there's still one goal that I haven't reached yet that I think I should have reached by now. . .

I want my wash n'go to completely cover my ears :lachen:.

Y'all, I'm not asking for much. My hair's freakin' BSB when stretched and my hair still shrinks up enough that I can see my damn ears!!!! :wallbash: I don't know why it drives me crazy, but it just does :rolleyes:.

I can't wait:
Until my hair is APL unstretched
Until I can wear my hair in two long braids when I sleep at night
Until I can make really large crazy buns

Back