What are you looking forward to when you reach your hair goal?

The feeling of accomplishment and amazement that I did it.
I've always wanted long @ss plaits but I have realized that is not going to happen with shrinkage unless I blow it out first or my hair is down to my knees. So, I am letting that go and will just savor the taste of victory and pride when I pull my hair and see it touch my hips. Yeah...yeah...

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to wearing a dangerously low back dress with my back covered only by my swaying hair.

Yep. I said it! :lick:

I'd like to do a big sloppy bun w/o having to check it in the mirror b/c it's long enough where someone wouldn't dare clown lest I unleash the full force of my hair's awesomeness upon them. yeah that'd be saweet!

I'm looking forward to wash and go hair!
Also looking forward to the style versatility that APL hair will give me.

I am looking forward to going to my home town and getting weave checked by all my old friends who have known me since pre-K and will find it hard to believe I actually have long hair.

And of course flipping my hair in my mother's face and driving home :rofl:

Style wise being able to PS with one giant pony tail and not having to cornrow or do individual braids all the time for a PS

And having the biggest AFRO EVA!!!! for National Afro Day July 4, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
-I want a LARGE messy bun. And I mean HUGE!!! then I'll act annoyed with it when in public, take it down, shake and put it back up just to show off my hair.
-I want a ponytail that swings and touches my back
-I want APL braidouts
-I want to do a single fishtail braid on one side
-I want to have my hair cascade down my back when I get out of a pool
- Get it professionally flatironed at Miss Jessie's salon in Minneapolis as a treat

I want WL but I think I may go for HL

My "haters" have started to become believers already and I'm not even BSL. So that's not on the list anymore, I can check that off!!!

- long thick hair covering my "girls"
- high pony that reaches SL
- braid/twist/bantu knot outs that hang well below my shoulders
- styles that I do with weave (Kim K curls, long 3 barrel crimps)
- getting married without weave. not currently in a relationship so I'm claiming BOTH my hair goal and marriage! :grin:

My final goal is full MBL.

Longer, bigger braid outs
Wearing my hair in a fishtail braid over my shoulder
Flexirods sets
A longer ponytail for swanging lol

Well, my ultimate hair goal is somewhere between MBL and WL.

Simply, I'm looking forward to not wearing a half or lace wig and feeling comfortable enough to wear my real hair out more often. :spinning::yep:

-I want a LARGE messy bun. And I mean HUGE!!! then I'll act annoyed with it when in public, take it down, shake and put it back up just to show off my hair.

-I want a ponytail that swings and touches my back
-I want APL braidouts
-I want to do a single fishtail braid on one side
-I want to have my hair cascade down my back when I get out of a pool
- Get it professionally flatironed at Miss Jessie's salon in Minneapolis as a treat

I want WL but I think I may go for HL

GaiasDaughter24

:lol: Love that one, don't forget to shake it with your hands so they can see the scalp. going to add that to my list too.

I'm looking forward to wearing a dangerously low back dress with my back covered only by my swaying hair.

Yep. I said it! :lick:

NJoy

Woo go ahead with your bad self Mammi

here's some dress pics for your VB

-smallNicole%20Sherzinger%205.jpg

1742321_1.jpg

here's where to get the knockoff
http://www.tbdress.com/product/Sexy...hiffon-Dark-Navy-oscar-dress-x02-1742321.html

I'm looking forward to wearing my hair in twists and people thinking they're extensions.

YasashiiSekai
Another good one, whip that hair :lol:

I'm looking forward to going into a salon on a packed day to have people drool over my waistlength thick hair getting straigthened. I'm looking forward to having a huge bun to sit on top of my hair.

My goal is to maintain healthy hair until I reach the goal of unstretch SL then I'm going to cut it off again and starting all over. I think I am just enjoying the journey right now. Who know when I'll reach the goal but until then it is strictly maintaining health.

• Big Chaka Khan/Diana Ross diva hair without having to wear a wig.
  • Triumph in the face of weave checks. :giggle: Strangers often think the wigs are all me already, but I feel some kind of way when they start to ask a lot of questions about styling and maintenance and I eventually have to reveal it's not mine.
  • Feeling the wind blow through it and not having to worry about it getting away from me (at worst) or my business being revealed (at best). :lol:
  • Feeling confident in having a head full of healthy hair my future hubby can play in and enjoy.
  • Showing other black women (particularly the nap-phobic ones in my vicinity) how much potential, versatility, and beauty our natural hair has--without having to straighten it within an inch of its life.
  • Watching jaws drop when I do straighten and it's allllll down my back. :gorgeous:
  • Realizing my full, God-given potential through unadulterated effort, dedication, and plain old self-care. I've always felt I'll be a force to be reckoned with once I attain the best hair, body, and skin I possibly can.
  • To that end, disappointing those who want us--and everyone else--to believe we're all doomed to wallow in misery over our chewed up, broken off hair and to forever envy the hair of other races. :rolleyes: (This goes for the body thing as well.)
I'm looking forward to being in maintenance mode and not caring about growth.

And this.

Love this thread...I can't wait to come back to tick a few things off this list... :grin:

I can't wait for my hair to get the Longhairdontcare's level. I am obsessed with that girl's length. She did a bun in one of her videos and that thing was so fat and luscious. :drool:

I'm just looking forward to super long, natural hair.

my only goal is to make it past the awkward phase. i'm at the point where i hear the scissors calling my name like gollum.

if i can get past that, then i'll be good. and i'd like to have hair long enough for my twists to actually hang instead of curling up on themselve, unravelling, or eventually turning into plain coils that never loc.

napbella said:
I want two waist length pocahontas braids and a waist length braidout. Oh yea, doing the yt girl flip in the face of one of my girls who has to tell me on the regular what she doesn't like about my hair. It's just a little bit annoying.

Oooh, your girl has a lot of nerve, I know you should be the bigger person ... blah blah blah blah
.. I would have to start mentioning some of the qualities about her hair I don't like (nicely off course) .

Back