New Emergencee Bottle?!!

bklynLadee

So I go to the BSS and I see this weird bottle that the women says is emergencee--its called AloXXi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor by Nexus

The directions are as follows:
Apply to clean, damp hair. Apply ample amount to saturate hair completely and cover hair with plastic cap and leave on for 10 minutes

wth??? I thought protein treatments are supposed to get the hair hard, no plastic cap and under the dryer--this one says with or without heat.

Has anyone used this new emergencee? did you get the same results.

Also, how often should my mom use this stuff (she has permed hair) and what kind of moisture do u suggest i put back in her hair.

Im mad--this daggone bottle costs 50 bux and it betta be good!

It helped bring my hair back to life. I first learned about it in beauty school a loonnng time ago so it's been out for a while. Some reps came in and did a demo with it that was pretty cool. Put a dab in the palm of your hand, then clap both hands together, rub around, then pull apart. If done right, you will see the "polymeric strands" that are supposedly deposited into your hair to build it back up. Now I don't know if all of THAT is true or not I can just say that I have used numerous times and it worked for me.

$50?! i'm guessing it was a bigger bottle?

the regular Emergencee bottle advises to leave in for 2 minutes and then rinse. Is it necessary to leave in protein treatments until the hair dries?

I used to use Nexxus Emergencee in the grey bottle. It was small and cost me $15 sometimes $20. I think it said to use for 10 minutes w/ or w/out heat. I used it with heat for 20 minutes and it worked fine for me. When I did use it with out heat for 20 minutes it still worked fine.

Those instructions are basically how I've always used Emergencée, always with a plastic cap, sometimes with heat, sometimes without. They were the instructions in the original Emergencée...the one that never used to have the instructions to shampoo afterward. And so I have just always done my treatments that way...only I do shampoo afterward because from my correspondence with Nexxus folks back then, it seemed this was just a move to be on the safe side coz maybe people didn't rinse it off properly and therefore had issues with it.

Here's a thread from back when the "shampoo afterward" instructions were added: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=39123

So I go to the BSS and I see this weird bottle that the women says is emergencee--its called AloXXi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor by Nexus

The directions are as follows:
Apply to clean, damp hair. Apply ample amount to saturate hair completely and cover hair with plastic cap and leave on for 10 minutes

wth??? I thought protein treatments are supposed to get the hair hard, no plastic cap and under the dryer--this one says with or without heat.

Has anyone used this new emergencee? did you get the same results.

Also, how often should my mom use this stuff (she has permed hair) and what kind of moisture do u suggest i put back in her hair.

Im mad--this daggone bottle costs 50 bux and it betta be good!

I use this every other week ( 2 times a month) i apply it and go under the dryer 10 minutes with out a plastic cap so it can get hard....very good product.. i have the big aloxxi bottle

Those instructions are basically how I've always used Emergencée, always with a plastic cap, sometimes with heat, sometimes without. They were the instructions in the original Emergencée...the one that never used to have the instructions to shampoo afterward. And so I have just always done my treatments that way...only I do shampoo afterward because from my correspondence with Nexxus folks back then, it seemed this was just a move to be on the safe side coz maybe people didn't rinse it off properly and therefore had issues with it.

Here's a thread from back when the "shampoo afterward" instructions were added: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=39123

I thought I wasn't going crazy!!:drunk: I've used Nexxus (original) years ago, and I remember leaving it on for 10 minutes with a plastic cap. This newer bottle that I bought last month has the 2 minute and shampoo thingy. I was looking like :ohwell: I haven't seen the newest one yet.

Yeah, that the new packaging. This January I had really bad breakage and shedding. The worst I've ever seen. Emergencee stopped it dead in it's tracks. I've been using Emergencee for 14 years.

Back