New challenge: Transitioning without BC'ing...

Is it too late to join : )

I am only 12 weeks post now and I wear buns, braidouts and sometimes just part it down the middle and make two princess Leigh knots ( tucking the ends of course).

I already have a hard time dealing with the two different textures. How often do you ladies shampoo? Does anyone do hot oil treatments?

I just got the Qhemet Oilve Oil Cream leave in and it is the BOSS!! it left my hair smooth from root to tip.

I am 8 months post and things are starting to get difficult. I'm hanging in there though. Does anyone have good suggestions for a detangler?

Hi Chitowngal330,

For detangler, I use Scurl Curl acitvator mixed with some pure aloe vera gel, and a bit of shea butter all mixed up. It seems to do the trick for me. I've been a bit scarce of LHCF because of my relocation and a new job, school full time and being a mom...whew! But its all worth it. I'm transitioning as well and about 8 months in but in between I hit some snags and didn't know how to maintain in the winter months so I got backtracked a bit. But lately its blooming and I'm so loving it right now! I have to add new pics to my fotki to update whenever i can find the box with the camera. lol!

Hope this helps! HHG!

Hi ladies,

I am transitioning myself. My last touchup was August 1st and I do not want another perm, ever. I have had a perm for years and I am sick of it now. I want to be 100% natural but I do not plan to BC. Hopefully, with the help of you ladies, I will be able to have a smooth transition.:yep: I am also using ayurvedic products as well. So far so good. I do have a lot of growth already. I so do hope I can get through this. :look:

Is it too late to join : )

I am only 12 weeks post now and I wear buns, braidouts and sometimes just part it down the middle and make two princess Leigh knots ( tucking the ends of course).

I already have a hard time dealing with the two different textures. How often do you ladies shampoo? Does anyone do hot oil treatments?

I just got the Qhemet Oilve Oil Cream leave in and it is the BOSS!! it left my hair smooth from root to tip.

I shampoo every Monday and Thurday and I do hot oil treatments. I use carrott, vitaka, and amla oils in variations. I also use a queen helena's(sp) brand.

Hey Chi! I'm right behind you at a little over 7 months post. I've found that saturating (and I do mean SATURATE) my hair with a good humectrant conditioner (I use Suave Humectrant), combing thru it with the Shower comb, and leaving it in for about an hour or so does wonders. I don't have any issues with tangling at all. I do this about once, sometimes twice, per week. HTH. :)

I am 8 months post and things are starting to get difficult. I'm hanging in there though. Does anyone have good suggestions for a detangler?

I third that. :wink2: I saturate my hair with deep conditioner - I apply it like a relaxer and I leave it on for at least 30 min., then I detangle while I rinse it out.

I would love to join. I'm currently 13 weeks post my last relaxer. My new growth is soft & i'm loving it. I have to use lots of conditioner & co washing multiple times during the week has helped.

Im liking the HE Hello Hydration so far so good. Im keeping track of my hair in my fotki. I plan to transition for 28 months. I know I'm a long transitioner & that's the ultimate goal. Will it make it that long depends.

Hi ladies,
I'm still going strong.
October 17 will be 18 months. Still NO BC.

My hair is ever changing and shrinkage is so freaky!
Anyway. I updated my album if you're interested. Visit and leave me some comments.

^^Nice pics, Mook :yep:. I love your twists and wish I had the patience to do mine neat enough to wear them for more than overnight. You are sho nuff right about shrinkage! I'm 10 1/2 months post and OMG, shrink city. Oh, and LOVE your BAA in the July album! We need to see albums like yours to keep us motivated. Thanks for sharing!

Is this thread still alive? (SMILE)
Transitioning w/o BCing looking for a buddy. Last perm August....and planning to ride it out til July/August 2009.

Anyone with the same stats(time frame)?

Let's buddy up so we won't FAIL!!

any one else having problems w/ their edges. im not seeing much progress.Im going to try kinkytwists for 2 months and see if that helps. im ok with my shrinkage though.(but im only 6.5 months post. my shrinkage can get crazy) there is barley a difference w/ my texturized hair but the texturized hair can get curly w/ just conditioner and my natural hair does not

eta mook you are very inspiring! you make your transition seem so effortless!

Last edited:
I am joining. I was longtime nappy for about 6 years. I made the mistake and relaxed my hair in Dec 2007. Now i want to transition. I am 5 weeks post. Maybe this time around i will document my hair journey from the beginning.

Transitioning w/o BCing looking for a buddy. Last perm August....and planning to ride it out til July/August 2009.

Hmm, I like the buddy idea. My last relaxer was the end of August. I don't have a definite timeline, I want to go as long as possible, so it wouldn't be any sooner than July/August. I know I need all the help I can get! :grin:

I would like to join this challenge. I guess this will be year two of my transition though. I would like to transition till I reach my goal length if possible.:yep:

It's been 1 year and 1 month for me. I stocked up on Tresemme Anti Breakage conditioner because it detangles my hair really well. I also bought a blow dryer because my hood dryer dries my hair so slowly and it's too cold to leave the house with damp hair.

still hanging strong, looking at those last 5 inches....trying not to reach for scissors...thin, thin, why so thin? what could help my hair thicken up? h-e-l-p!

hey i want to join sorry im new if i havent properly been introduced and yeah i want to do it with out braids or weaves too cuz i just want to give my hair a break from it specially since my edges just grew back in from doing back to back micros for a long time then weaving i want to transition for 2 years and chop after graduation im neck length so it wouldnt even be that big a chop cuz ill probably get trims to keep it healthy

Count me in! I've been looking for someone with the same stats for a while now....

It'll officially be one year for me on the 13th...:reddancer:I'm so excited! I feel better about it than I thought I would. I plan on doing another trim on the 27th. I've had my moments but as if right now, I'm in love with my hair. I don't have that much texlaxed hair left. YAY!!! Plan as of right now is to hopefully be completely natural by April '09. We shall see :Fingerscrossed:

Hey Myxdchiick,

Let's do this! What's your stats? Or send me a private email...

Clazz E 2

I'm with you ladies too! Count me in! My last relaxer was in May and I didn't plan to BC till next May but I'll buddy up and ride it out till July/August! :grin: I'm not on here everyday so PM me if you want another buddy. After micros raped my hairline, I've started half-wiggin it.

It'll officially be one year for me on the 13th...:reddancer:I'm so excited! I feel better about it than I thought I would. I plan on doing another trim on the 27th. I've had my moments but as if right now, I'm in love with my hair. I don't have that much texlaxed hair left. YAY!!! Plan as of right now is to hopefully be completely natural by April '09. We shall see :Fingerscrossed:

Congrats girlie! :grin: I'm like my curls more and more each day and am getting excited about it. So excited it takes a lot of strength to resist the urge to chop sooner! But I know I should wait b/c once I cut I want to be able to wear different styles.

Back