New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challenge

I bought a juicer a month ago so I can join this challenge. My cousin from Jamaica used to make carrot juice every other day for her family with carrots, lemons, ginger and water. She also used so much sugar that I felt like I was gaining weight just by looking at it, but it tastes so good.

Since many of us seem to be very interested in the benefits of carrot juice, I was wondering if there is a carrot juice recipe thread out there? I'm sure there are some recipes in this thread, but who has time to read through 30+ pages:perplexed. If there isn't, maybe we should make one.

Okay, I got some Odwalla carrot juice yesterday. Drank about two ounces yesterday and I didn't care for the taste, but I do like carrots. Anyway, this morning mixed 4 ounces with my orange juice and that was okay so that's my plan, 4 ounces every morning mixed with about 4 ounces of orange juice. Patiently awaiting the results.

After drinking my own juice blend for months, I purchased the Odwalla a few weeks ago, it didn't taste nearly as well. I love my Juice Man Jr and juice daily (Carrots, apples, ginger, kale or various green veggie).

Isis said:
Hello HoneyLemonDrop!

Beta-carotene is not toxic. Too much vitamin A is toxic as found in fish liver oils (like cod liver oil). Carrot juice and spirulina both have beta-carotene which is a safe source of vitamin A. On your spirulina bottle it should say "Vitamin A (beta-carotene)" or something very similar. It won't say just "Vitamin A". An overdose of carrots or carrot juice will turn the skin yellow but it will not harm you.

Here are some of many sources of info on this topic:

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/carotene/beta-carotene_vita.html

http://www.drlera.com/vitamins/beta_carotene.htm

http://www.anyvitamins.com/vitamin-a-info.htm
<DIV>

Thanks Isis. Great info!

Don't get me wrong ladies, I love me some carrot juice, but the day someone links hair growth to drinking good red wine will be the happiest day of my life...:D

Anyone up for a red wine hair growth challenge? ;)

Seriously, carrot juice is wonderful. I like it with a bit of beet juice and ginger mixed in.

Averoigne said:
Don't get me wrong ladies, I love me some carrot juice, but the day someone links hair growth to drinking good red wine will be the happiest day of my life...:D

Anyone up for a red wine hair growth challenge? ;)

Seriously, carrot juice is wonderful. I like it with a bit of beet juice and ginger mixed in.

Oh yeah, that is my absolute favorite way to drink it.

deontaer said:
I bought a juicer a month ago so I can join this challenge. My cousin from Jamaica used to make carrot juice every other day for her family with carrots, lemons, ginger and water. She also used so much sugar that I felt like I was gaining weight just by looking at it, but it tastes so good.

Since many of us seem to be very interested in the benefits of carrot juice, I was wondering if there is a carrot juice recipe thread out there? I'm sure there are some recipes in this thread, but who has time to read through 30+ pages:perplexed. If there isn't, maybe we should make one.

Yep:yep: That's how we do it!

Ok, I said that I wouldn't do another challenge but....I just drank a glass of carrot juice with lemon and apple and I'm in love!!!! It was absolutely delicious!

I got mine from the health food restaurant that I frequent and it's not expensive at all. So, I'll kill to birds with one stone and get it from there. So...I'm in!

I just had a 15.2oz bottle of 100% natural carrot juice made by bolthouse farms www.bolthouse.com and it was delish. At $3.50 for the 15oz bottle, I wanted to drink half and refrigerate the other half til tomorrow, but I couldnt put it down. :D

lucy said:
I just had a 15.2oz bottle of 100% natural carrot juice made by bolthouse farms www.bolthouse.com and it was delish. At $3.50 for the 15oz bottle, I wanted to drink half and refrigerate the other half til tomorrow, but I couldnt put it down. :D

I know what you mean. I had a 16oz glass and drank it to the last drop!

I am drinking mine every morning mixed with orange juice. Almost immediately I've seen a change in my skin. My complexion is smoother and prettier.

Well, if my skin gets any smoother...people are going to think that I got some work done or something...LOL!

The one thing I know I have is smooth skin....!

I'm juicing again y'all:lol: I got a 1 litre bottle of Bolthouse for $3.28 at Super Walmart. I drank 4 oz and wanted more. I could become addicted!!!

tenderheaded said:
I'm juicing again y'all:lol: I got a 1 litre bottle of Bolthouse for $3.28 at Super Walmart. I drank 4 oz and wanted more. I could become addicted!!!

I paid $3.50 for my 15oz. :(

Is there a difference between juicing your own carrots and buying bottle carrot juice as far as the benefits are concerned?

**Bumping** Because I haven't been drinking my carrot juice lately, and I don't care if the challenge is over, there are still carrots to be erm...drank? LOL!

I like the Bolthouse Farms Carrot Juice too. Have you tried their Green Goodness yet?

I love the green goodness in fact I like most of the Bolthouse Farms drinks. I have 5 bottle in my fridge/ 2 carrot 2 greengoodness 1 blueberry 1 :D :D :D

Something I've noticed since I'm started drinking this is that my hair color is bolder. Like I have dark brown hair but it's much more richer and not dull looking anymore.

I'm about to start this tomorrow and add carrot juice (I LOVE carrots already) to my diet!! :] I'll scan the thread for recipes/ ways you made your own, but feel free to post them. :D

I wanna have a nice reveal for July's HYH challenge!
~*Janelle~

deejoy said:
Something I've noticed since I'm started drinking this is that my hair color is bolder. Like I have dark brown hair but it's much more richer and not dull looking anymore.

Hmm, could it also be that your sight is better. Since they say that carrots are good for eyesight, you might just be seing everything bolder and brighter and your hair may stand out more to you. Just a thought.

----------------------------
Im still doing the carrot juice every day too. I love it.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Hmm, could it also be that your sight is better. Since they say that carrots are good for eyesight, you might just be seing everything bolder and brighter and your hair may stand out more to you. Just a thought.

----------------------------
Im still doing the carrot juice every day too. I love it.

Nah I'm not seeing any other colors as bolder. I think someone in this thread mentioned the same thing about their hair color.

Found this on a website:

3) A daily dose of carrot and spinach juice furnishes vital missing nutrients to the roots of the hair, and thereby stops hair loss and restores natural color.

deejoy said:
Nah I'm not seeing any other colors as bolder. I think someone in this thread mentioned the same thing about their hair color.

Found this on a website:

3) A daily dose of carrot and spinach juice furnishes vital missing nutrients to the roots of the hair, and thereby stops hair loss and restores natural color.
Hmm...that's really good to know about the hair color. :scratchch
About eyesight, I know my night vision improved dramatically not long after I first started drinking carrot juice each day.

deejoy said:

Found this on a website:

Oh ok. I didnt know about the restoring of natural hair color. I love raw spinach in my salad too. I dont think I'd know how to juice it though. This is good info...thanks for sharing.

BUMP!!!
Awesome thread! I'm trying to get through all 42 pages :)look:), but I have a question. I bought some carrot juice on yesterday. Someone said in their post that all you need is 2oz? So if you drink more, do you get better results or does it not really make that much of a difference?

Okay i drunk carrot juice for two weeks. I didn't notice any hair changes but my back had pimples which cleared up and my face never looked better. I am going back to it because I felt healthy while drinking it.

Back