New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and I need help!!! I haven't had a perm since Feb. 22, 2011 and my new growth has been very dry. I just started deep conditioning every two weeks. Any suggestions? I've come to far to turn around :)

Early in my transition, I co-washed 2-3 times a week and baggied sometimes to keep my hair moisturized. Oiling your scalp with castor oil will also soften ur new growth.

:lol: Yall I'm quitting! I get SO bored with my hair!

Once I get these braids out in the next month or 2, it's a wrap! Even the damn braids get on my nerves!

I had an "a-ha moment" couple weeks ago and it totally changed the way I feel about my hair and this site as a whole. As a result, I gave away half my stash and I plan to cut AND relax.

Good luck transitioning everyone!!!

Thanks sorry to see you leave the group and good luck on your journey

Still hanging in there May 12th will be 17 months relaxer free.. Most of my back is almost natural.. The top and side may have about 2-5 inches left. Not sure what I am going to do at this point.. I did trim some more hair off 2 weeks ago.. Maybe another month of 2 and I will see where I am.. I will be working from home starting friday so I might just wear my hair in twist with no extensions..

WriterGirl and Newbie2Beauty Looks like we are all in this together. Thanks for the tips WriterGirl.

Everybody's hair is gorgeous and I want it....LOL

LaFemmeNaturelle What type of Castor Oil? The regular bottle stuff?

I have some coconut oil but I have to use it everyday in order to stay hydrated.

My hair was so dry and unmanagable that I bought some Wave Nouvea moisturizing lotion. It worked wonders but I got it flat ironed at the salon today though......

I deep condition at a salon every two weeks. Should I change that to every week?

And so it is...my transition has come to an end. I did a spontaneous BC today. I wish you all the best in your journey...I truly enjoyed it and am pleased with my decision.

sent from my EVO

I am inching along to my one year anniversary!! I can't wait. I'm still chugging towards two years of transitioning. I'll decide whether or not, I'll cut the rest of the ends at that point or keep going. Yes, I'm stubborn, lol.

I've been looking at styles and wondering what my hair looks like under these twists...

I've got to make it at least another month & a half before I can even think about taking these things down.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

This transition is OVER for me!!! I BC'd on Saturday!! I'm all natural now!! I'm Free!!! Yeah!!

All the best to everyone else!!

HHG Ladies!!

Hi ladies :wave: so many new transitioners!! Well for right now, I'm about to begin my countdown to BC. It will be 18 months in June and I am ready to let these relaxed ends GO.

I'm sooo excited...I finally made it to 12 months post =1 year...yaaay for me. any curlies for me to fall in love with? I wanna' see pics

I need help! I washed my hair last night and my new growth was so unmanagable. What do you all use to soften and detangle. Give me a regimen please!!!!

Any advice on the best styles with the two different textures? My hair has shortened to sl and it is that awkward between length. I can not do anything with it :(

destine2grow I know right? That has been my problem. It's so addictive. :lol:

Usually when my hair is in a bun, it's not as bad, but when it's in a braidout, I have a serious case of "hand in hair disease."

Ladies, I'm getting a flat iron on Wednesday and get a trim. I'll probably won't trim again until right before Thanksgiving. We'll see.

7 months here. Getting some breakage around the crown, but I'm sure it was because I was using the flat iron and wearing straight styles. Plus, I had stopped all of the other stuff that I know worked for me. Was just being lazy, I guess.

I need to learn how to do textured styles. Really don't know how. Guess I have to just start trying some.

You might have answered this already, but what styling do you use for the rollerset to sort of 'smooth' out the new growth and blend it in.

I have neck length hai currently and I was using a mixture of lotta body and a paul mitchell styling serum to smooth my roots. My roots were still very much wavy (not crinkly but a smooth wave). That lasts until about day 4 for me. Drying under a bonnet dryer also helped.

Since hitting month 7 though.. I havent even bothered any more.. It seemed that reversion just happened sooner and sooner.. (could also be due to the incredible humidity increase where I live)

Back