New *2009* Transitioners Support Thread!

Well I'm no longer transitioning because I BC'd this morning! I was just getting too tired of trying to blend the textures, and with the heat, I didn't want to straighten for it curl up again.

If anyone needs help though, I'm still here to help!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pic and thanks for supporting the rest of us.

Well I'm no longer transitioning because I BC'd this morning! I was just getting too tired of trying to blend the textures, and with the heat, I didn't want to straighten for it curl up again.

Congratulations!!!! I understand your frustrations. Trying to blend in the summer time is a pain.

I cant wait to see pics as well.

I am 29 weeks post today!!!!:woot::woot::woot: The upside is detangling is alot better now!:yay: The down side is my Scurl moisturizer doesnt seem to be working as well as it use to!:nono: Does anyone else have this problem? It was great at first but I dont care for it now. Any suggestions?

I am 29 weeks post today!!!!:woot::woot::woot: The upside is detangling is alot better now!:yay: The down side is my Scurl moisturizer doesnt seem to be working as well as it use to!:nono: Does anyone else have this problem? It was great at first but I dont care for it now. Any suggestions?

I believe S-Curl have contain cones. When was the last time you clarified? I didn't have much luck with S-Curl (I don't think my hair like cones). I'm having better success with Worlds of Curls moisturizer.

I'm approaching month 7 and it is hard. I tried doing a twist out yesterday and it didn't work out. so I had to put some conditioner in my hair and attempt to comb it out. Urrrgggghh, that was rough. So in my frustration I put 6 cornrows in my hair and rolled the ends. Hopefully this works. I need to learn how to manage these two textures and how to style my hair. I think I'm going to BC in April, detangling is so painful.:wallbash:

I am currently just over 22 weeks post my last relaxer and still going strong with braids and cornrows.

I believe S-Curl have contain cones. When was the last time you clarified? I didn't have much luck with S-Curl (I don't think my hair like cones). I'm having better success with Worlds of Curls moisturizer.

The last time I clarified was Tuesday and will be clarifying again tomorrow. Is World of Curls sold in local BSS or do I need to order it?

The last time I clarified was Tuesday and will be clarifying again tomorrow. Is World of Curls sold in local BSS or do I need to order it?

I usually find WOC in the local BSS. If you decide to buy this, you may want the regular formula (Blue bottle), the extra dry (gray bottle) doesn't smell good.:nono:

I hope this works for you.

What the heck!? Girl, you know better than to announce a B/C and no pics! At 15 months too!!!? :spank:

Pics, pics, we need pics! :click: :grin:

You ladies are doing great. I'm so happy to hear of all the progress with these transitions. 11 months and 15 months is great! I can only hope to make it that far before BCing.

Still here and growing strong. Im wigging it for right now...... I wear a scarve in the front of the half wig to tame my new growth.

Hey Ladies! I'm coming in to let you guys know I did my Big Chop yesterday (July 2). I couldn't wait until Dec. I feel so liberated and excited and I'm loving my all natural hair. I will post pics soon!

I'm leaning less and less towards BCing next month....:perplexed

I'm at the point where transitioning is just something that is happening. My hair is on auto-pilot for the most part so I don't see any particular reason to chop at the moment.... :look:

me = coward :wallbash:

Back