Needs vs. Neediness

itismehmmkay

Just happen to be googling on relationships and found this article:

At such times, a woman mistakenly assumes that having needs has turned him off when in truth it is her hopelessness, desperation, and mistrust that has done so. Without recognizing that men need to be trusted, it is difficult and confusing for women to understand the difference between needing and neediness. "Needing" is openly reaching out and asking for support from a man in a trusting manner, one that assumes that he will do his best. This empowers him. "Neediness," however, is desperately needing support because you don't trust you will get it. It pushes men away and makes them feel rejected and unappreciated.

http://relationships.blog-city.com/setting_limits_and_receiving_are_very_scary_for_a_woman.htm

I can relate to this. Interesting.

This is very true. I've seen it in my younger self and in my past relationships. I had to learn that the only person who could meet my needs was God, and if he chose to do so through a man, great, and if I had to get off my butt and do it (albeit a task that is commonly known to be a man' s job) I still had the ability to do it for myself.

Back