Naturals what's a good leave in conditioner I can buy in the BSS or Drugstore?

glamazon386

I need a good leave in for my hair but I know some ladies are using products they've ordered offline, etc. What's a good leave in I can buy in the BSS? Preferably a creamy one. I'm not to fond of NTM Silk Touch leave in.

I use Surge 14 ($5.99-- a light protein) and Scurl ($3.99 - heavier creamy spray)- both are available at BBS. The Scurl is everywhere including Walmart or CVS.

Good luck:)

If you don't want to use NTM and you want something creamy from the store, you might want to try Organics Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonnaise, Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave-In, or Cantu Shea Leave In. I haven't used the last one but it looks decent.

The Cactus Leave-In has a non smell, it's sort of thick, but you can mix it with their itch growth spray (which has a nice scent OR a bit of their hair oil).

All of these items are at Walmart, but I'm sure you can find them at Walgreens, CVS, RITEAID, etc.

I prefer some natural stuff from online, or stuff I make myself but I definitely understand the urge to just walk in somewhere real quick and leave with what you need. I did it yesterday while at Wallyworld.

p1

I like Nexxus Humectress - it's not too heavy, not too light, wonderfully conditioning, and it's a dual-use product....

nappywomyn said:
I like Nexxus Humectress - it's not too heavy, not too light, wonderfully conditioning, and it's a dual-use product....

Yeah, that's what I've been using all this time but I find it doesn't work as well as it did when I was transitioning. :confused: Now that I think about it, I don't think I've used it as a leave in on soaking wet hair though. I usually just rinse or DC with it. I'll try again as well as some of the other suggestions. Thanks ladies.

I use Cantu leave in and Bronner Bros leave in. I really like the BB Leave in cause it makes my curls pop.

Off topic.....Is your little man a Maltese? He looks kinda like my Courtney and I just wondered if they were the same breed. This is her.
DeAnna
CourtneySig.jpg

I am not a natural but my friend is and she uses sunsilk pink or purple creme. They are around 3-4 bucks and are very creamy. The purple one helps smooth and straighten hair and the pink one is the moisturizing one. I have used both with success as well. I have used hte cantu leave in creme and it is great stuff as well. It has a nice smell and really helps soften up my hair strands. Whatever you decide just make sure the drugstore accepts return so yuo can take it back if you don't like it.

I really like Garnier sleek-shine leav-in, very cheap. It has good ingredients and work amazing with coconut oil. I also love Longaid activator gel and S-curl No Drip as leave-in's, leaves hair soo sooooft and moisturized.

LadyD2u said:
I use Cantu leave in and Bronner Bros leave in. I really like the BB Leave in cause it makes my curls pop.

Off topic.....Is your little man a Maltese? He looks kinda like my Courtney and I just wondered if they were the same breed. This is her.
DeAnna
CourtneySig.jpg

I think I'm gonna try the cantu.

Awww how cute!! Thanks... He's a Shih-tzu. I did have a maltese before him though. His name is Teddy he had a big chop last friday himself :lol:

I have used Mane n Tail conditioner (by Straight Arrow) as a leave-in for years and still love it. I do like trying others every now and then though. Dymondz, you've got me wanting to try the Cantu--let me see if I can find the full ingredients list. ;)

I want to try cantu too, but I've never seen it in any walmarts around here or any of those other stores you guys listed. Maybe because was I wasn't really looking specifically for that. I'll see.

Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion. I'm pretty sure that you could find it at any BSS. Quite a few of the naturals here love that stuff.

TSUprincess04 said:
Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion. I'm pretty sure that you could find it at any BSS. Quite a few of the naturals here love that stuff.

TSU, I use that as well but it's not thick enough. :( I'm just gonna buy the Cantu today once I take this weave down.

i have been using nexus humectress as a leave-in for puffs. i use oyin's greg's juice as a leave in when i do twists.

Even though not found in a BSS or drug store I enjoy Giovanni Direct-Leave-In. It is creamy, moisturizing, and detangles hair. I have thick hair--so I know...lol. The scent is light.

tsiporah said:
Even though not found in a BSS or drug store I enjoy Giovanni Direct-Leave-In. It is creamy, moisturizing, and detangles hair. I have thick hair--so I know...lol. The scent is light.

Actually, you can find Giovanni Direct at (some) drug stores now. Longs drugstore now has a section of healthy/natural products, and Giovanni, Nature's Gate, Alba, Kiss My Face, and others are there.

I don't use BSS leave-ins but you can find Giovanni in a lot of places, so I vote for it.

Hmm, let's see. It has Soybean Protein in the ingredients. I'm not sure if that's the protein you are referring to. I'm not familiar with the protein names. The bottle does say that it restores strength, so it may be the protein that you're referring to.

Last edited:
Ms_Twana said:
I am a Giovanni Direct advocate. I LOVE that stuff. I got mines from Vitamin Shoppe.

I use this for detangling, but I don't find it to be very moisturizing on my 4a/b natural hair. I usually use it on wet hair, but when my hair dries, it looks and feels dry and dull unless I use something else on top of it.

Last edited:
Back