NATURALS: post PICS of your SHRINKAGE!

My shrinkage. This was the process of blowing my hair out. btw, she let it shrink and dry because she took soo long ..ugghh
beforeandafter-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I never had any good pics until now.
(Still transitioning, but more natural than texlaxed)

Attachments

• DSCN0519.jpg
    DSCN0519.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN0529.jpg
    DSCN0529.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN0534.jpg
    DSCN0534.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 175
Here are some recent pics before my latest intall. And even these are not 100% representative since my hair was washed in twists which allowed it to stretch out a bit more.

Attachments

• 100_2242.jpg
    100_2242.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Hair Stretched 1.jpg
    Hair Stretched 1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 121
2cgl934.jpg

2lj0oe8.jpg

The second pic is of this one time I tried to do the tension blow dry method. The back is slightly looser and it drives me crazy because I'm constantly having to cut the mullet it turns into every couple of months.

Yep, I have a feeling I could make it to wl and still rock a whatever the next size up from a TWA is called. As it grows barely any length shows unless I stretch it, it just gets thicker looking. Which I love because my hair is on the thinner end of the spectrum.

Amateurs! :lachen: Naw, y'all have beautiful shrinky hair.
[/URL]

mwedzi, as soon as i saw your facial expression, i just burst out laughing. i didn't even have to see the pics to know that you deserve the super shrinkage lhcf oscars :lachen::lachen:

The second pic is of this one time I tried to do the tension blow dry method. The back is slightly looser and it drives me crazy because I'm constantly having to cut the mullet it turns into every couple of months.

mdwezi, you have found your match! Loshed :notworthy:

Yep, I have a feeling I could make it to wl and still rock a whatever the next size up from a TWA is called. As it grows barely any length shows unless I stretch it, it just gets thicker looking. Which I love because my hair is on the thinner end of the spectrum.

:yep: That's what I love about shrinkage! You can do so much. You don't have to BC if you miss a TWA coz you can rock it. Then you can stretch it to whatever length between your greatest shrinkage and stretched (true) length that you want by stopping short of going longer if you want. Magic hair, I say!

:yep: That's what I love about shrinkage! You can do so much. You don't have to BC if you miss a TWA coz you can rock it. Then you can stretch it to whatever length between your greatest shrinkage and stretched (true) length that you want by stopping short of going longer if you want. Magic hair, I say!

Lol, I call it magic hair too! I started calling it that when explaining to my youngest sister (who was around 5/6 at the time) why her hair looks far shorter than it is, and haven't stopped calling it that since.

Still transitioning, but I'm 9 months post, and so deal with quite a bit of shrinkage; I love the shock value--like on the rare occasion that I blowdry or straighten, people are shocked by the length--and the mystery--like, I can be on the bus with a shrink up bantu knot out, and noone would ever guess how long my hair truly is, like a sort of secret or something :grin:.

I love the shock value--like on the rare occasion that I blowdry or straighten, people are shocked by the length--and the mystery--like, I can be on the bus with a shrink up bantu knot out, and noone would ever guess how long my hair truly is, like a sort of secret or something :grin:.

It's so funny how shocked people get. I flat ironed at the beginning of the year and my boss said to me, "wow, did you know you hair was that long?" She was dead serious too.

Wow, this is a fun thread. I never post pics of my shrinkage because I always felt so 'bald head' lol..I'm going to find some an post later.

Back