NATURALS: post PICS of your SHRINKAGE!

Ahhhhh shrinkage :ohwell::lachen:

These are on non-conditioned nekkid hair.

27zktuc.jpg

^^ Yall can see why I don't let my stuff dry like this anymore, right?

2h3arrl.jpg

2m3n5z6.jpg

2afadfa.jpg

I think I've got some pretty good shrinkage going on if I don't say so myself :lachen:

Love the shrink pics ladies!! You all have some beautiful hair!! :yep:

I just love how big your hair is! :grin:

:wave: Here I am!!! :wavey:

Let's see what I got here....

This is from December 2008 (I don't usually pull the hair to stretch it, but I couldn't resist this time...) - This same picture (if my hair was dry), would be much cooler!

Picture038-vi.jpg

I also have these two:

Dry/Shrunken:
Picture102-vi.jpg

And straightened (but curled):
HairPictures031-vi.jpg

I like this thread - my favorites are those that have lots and lots of pics for me to drool over! :grin:

Again, as I mentioned on another thread, this type of hair is a dream come true! SOOO much shrinkage! It's like our hair is like those old toys--the Transformers..."more-than-meets-the-eye" LOL! Not sure if young folk remember that...but you 27+ folk might...:grin:

Anyhoo, I think that it is sooo cool that these pics show hair is beyond APL staight, yet it shrinks to just under the ear!...I want to get my hair long, but wear it in twisted wet sets most of the time. I figure I can capitalize on and embrace my shrinkage rather than resist it. I have a tinie weenie TWA now. But I HOPE to have like MAXIMUM shrinkage when it grows out...It might be annoying to some people, but personally, I don't want my ends touching my shirts and drying out when I wear my twist outs. So shrinkage to above shoulder length (from as long as possible straightened length) would suit me JUST FINE...Do wet twists eventually lengthen the hair? I noticed that the pic with the twists shows more length...:sad:

Peace.

Every time this thread gets bumped up, I wonder what you meant by this.
First off, I had a typo in that sentence. I was referring to some of the photos were just pretty curly hair, not real shrinkage. That's all. It was just a drive by post, no harm meant.

ComparisonsbyDate1.jpg

Comparison shots of shrinkage my first two years

shrinkage1007.jpg

BSLJune07.jpg

These were I think very early last year?

36MonthReivew08005.jpg

This was sometime around the end of last year.

Jan09Pics087.jpg

I turned this

Jan09Pics073.jpg

Into this about a week ago.

I honestly don't know how long it is because I have not looked at it straigthen. But I won't be doing another measurement until the summer months. But rest assured the shrinkage is a DOOZY!!!!

I can add this little adventure from a few weeks ago.

Here it is the Thursday night I think

DSC01160.jpg

And here it is that Saturday after 5 hours of pressing and still not being able to show 4 additional inches of hair because it kept shrinking while I was flat ironing.

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

Dang you're making me wish I didnt cut my hair in December :nono:

I don't have any new pics, but the this pic shows shrinkage from a few years ago. If I let my hair shrink up now, it'd still look almost the same.

hair2-vi.jpg

This pic is my hair stretched in July 2008.
Anniversary2008199.jpg

Amateurs! :lachen: Naw, y'all have beautiful shrinky hair.

Twisting pic:

shrinkage-vi.jpg

Compare this wash and go:

With this stretched length shot:

One more:

ddd.jpg

25.jpg

But I bow to Queen Mwedzi!:grin: Gorgeous!

Why or why did I cut my hair?!? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

ps... can someone pm me and tell me what hair type I am? I have been on here for a while and I have no clue. Its fine textured and very curly. I have to comb it while its wet w/conditioner in.

I only have one photo capturing my shrinkage. But I'm in the supershrink Club.
Keep em coming ladies, this should be fun!

Lou Lou / Lady libra
Southernbella / Ladykpnyc
JustKiya / Im Free27
Mwedzi / LynnieB
Serenity326 / ooop2
Nonie / Bmoreflygirl
pinkskates / mscocoface
loolalooh / poohbear

Holla!!!! Where my girls at!?!?

Wow!!! How did I miss this? An older thread, at that? I have a great pic from last year showing my shrinkage vs. straightened hair:

003-2.jpg

Last edited:
this thread has me SCARED to death! it is absolutely beautiful the versatility of hair, but my goodness, I am going to transitioning for ever to get NL/SL naturaly hair...

(off to add 12 years to my BC date!)

All that said...there are some beautiful heads of hair in here!

I don't have any new pics, but the this pic shows shrinkage from a few years ago. If I let my hair shrink up now, it'd still look almost the same.

This pic is my hair stretched in July 2008.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shocked:

:notworthy

..... you had me cussing and i do NOT cuss! lol!!!!!

:grin: beautiful.....

(someday:yep:)

Back