Naturals, it took me 27 years to find this product. (long post)

I love red pal butter it does not leave you greasy, you hair feels soft. after reading some of the posts. I went into my kitcken grabbed a bowl and whipped me up a batch of mango redpalm butter... it was funny I hacked off a chunk of mango butter put two spoons of the red palm and I took the end of a spoon and whipped until it was nice fluffy and creamy.. I even made a small batch with a tiny bit of sulfer in it an added rosemary EO for smell.. ok I need to stop mixing stuff. Im a darn PJ:spinning:

Thanks for sharing this info! I've been meaning to try this for a long time--especially since I've heard all of the hoo-ha about Ojon. That stuff's ridiculously expensive, and the active ingredient is red palm oil.

Here is the website I use to by the red palm oil and some other goodies. Haven't had any problems ordering from them yet. Their based out of NY

http://www.safariskin.com/category_s/65.htm

I couldnt reach that link so i found it here

http://www.safarimkt.com/red palm oil.html

does anyone eat this stuff? Sounds like a SUPER antioxidant. I first thought, no, its from another country. But it has a USDA Organic seal on ..........

well, i just tried to buy it and i couldnt get to the page...and not phone number, oh well..

I would only order from Camden Grey These peopel at safarimkt, never sent me my product I had to fight paypal to get my money returned and they returned it but it took almost sixty days. Safarimkt is hard to reach since they disconnected all communication. Please don't bother with them. go to camdengrey, its cost more but it comes very very fast.
I couldnt reach that link so i found it here

http://www.safarimkt.com/red palm oil.html

does anyone eat this stuff? Sounds like a SUPER antioxidant. I first thought, no, its from another country. But it has a USDA Organic seal on ..........

well, i just tried to buy it and i couldnt get to the page...and not phone number, oh well..

After reading this thread a few weeks ago, I went to wholefoods and found jungle red palm oil(they also have a website). I added about a tsp to my favorite grease and my ends have been like butter. I use to love carrot oil cremes and carrot oil but now rpo is my baby. It has way more carotene (vitamin A) than carrot oil. I also mix a little into my body/face lotion. It is a keeper!:yep:

Last edited:
Why oh why do I enter threads like this?:nono: ...Just placed my order for the 1lb tub of the red palm butter.:look:
Definitely a keeper!:yep: I'm a natural 4a and this stuff softens and detangles my naps like no other. I'm so glad I ordered it. A staple for sure!

After reading this thread a few weeks ago, I went to wholefoods and found jungle red palm oil(they also have a website). I added about a tsp to my favorite grease and my ends have been like butter. I use to love carrot oil cremes and carrot oil but now rpo is my baby. It has way more carotene (vitamin A) than carrot oil. I also mix a little into my body/face lotion. It is a keeper!:yep:

The Red Palm Oil made by Jungle from Whole Foods is on sale! It was normally 12.99 for a 16 oz jar and it is now $5.99. Yes I went a little crazy? :drunk: Reading how this product is harvested and how pure it is you can put it in everything and it even says you can take two tablespoons a day! Now that must be some seriously natural product. Not sure I will go that far but I can use it on my complete body inside and out and it is healthy either way. I don't know of any other product I have like that accept for Aloe Vera Gel. Will let you know how I like it on my hair, body and food in the next week.

Last edited:
Thank you Mscocoface! I will be at wholefoods early in the mornin':yep: I hope you love it! eta: lurkers please leave one for me.:grin:

I recieved my red palm butter today and I am so happy. I cannot wait to use it and see how I can make it work best for me. Hopefully, this will be so great that I can comepletely skip out on buying the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream.

Aww red palm butter is at whole foods? I just bought some from Agbanga Karite, oh well I needed shea butter anyway. I chose UPS ground shipping my package was all crumpled when I got it. :swearing: Luckily they packed the stuff in really sturdy jars so no damage. I need to find an offline source for my natural butters and oils.

I just received my red palm butter today along with sodium lactate, babassu oil and some other stuff. I'm gonna mix them up and see what I come up with.

Aww red palm butter is at whole foods? I just bought some from Agbanga Karite, oh well I needed shea butter anyway. I chose UPS ground shipping my package was all crumpled when I got it. :swearing: Luckily they packed the stuff in really sturdy jars so no damage. I need to find an offline source for my natural butters and oils.

The actual red palm oil is at whole foods, this one you can use for food as well as the body and hair.

The other one is the butter.

the red palm seems a little too greasy for my hair. Maybe I am using too much. How are you ladies using it?

A little goes a very long way for me. I am using the butter on my hair as a leave in and it is great, I put a concentrated violet fragrance in it to take the tone down the regular smell of it, that way it is being used for a body butter also.

It is weird watching it go on the skin red, but it rubs in well. I really like this product

As for the oil I purchased from Wholefoods, I use that for hot oil conditioning and also in my foods.

:dance7:
Okay- Im convinced!... no more lurking- Im off to buy some off this before the red palm becomes extinct!!!!!

I just want to thank Stowaway for sharing her testimony of a product that worked for her.

I am totally sold in this and will be using this from now on.

Anyone talking about getting rid of tangles and you don't need to be a scientist to mix all the ingredients together to make it work or purchase it for $100 for a 4oz tub, and it is natural, you can believe you are going to get my attention.

I have been using Red Palm since I read this thread and Sareca's recipe. I LOVE it!!!!!

I had my braider put a little bit of the red palm oil on my natural hair before braiding the extensions. Taking down my hair has been so easy and there are NO Naps & Tangles!! My hair is still soft and not dry!!! :thumbsup:
:blowkiss: this is great for my hair.

Bumping!

I also wanted to add that you can probably purchase Red Palm Oil from African and Caribbean supermarkets. I just realized that I grew up with Red Palm Oil in my kitchen for most of my life!!!

My order came from camden grey and I tried the butter last night. It is too early to tell if it will work for my hair or not. The stain of the butter freaks me out but if it works am I so willing to overlook it.

:eek: Come here gurl.... we can cry together!

I LOVE RED PALM OIL. I loved red palm oil so much it inspired me to make a whipped red palm cream. I give it to any and everybody I know. It is my favorite moisturizer now. I actually love it more than aveda's universal styling cream. :eek: Oh and I'm not natural. :nono:

100_1595-vi.jpg

Now-a-days I only pre-poo w/ straight red palm, but somehow it irritates me to use that much of it at once. If you haven't tried camden's coconut oil... oh man! It smells divine, not like coconut oil out of the store. :naughty:

ETA: Somebody here said if you heat it for a few minutes it'll turn white because the heat will kill the carotene. My red palm cream doesn't stain and I didn't have to kill any of the nutrients. Oh I don't sell this stuff so I'm happy to share the method for making it. If you decide to try it and mix in the other oils/butter your hair loves and you really will be moved to tears.

Uhmmm....... so whats the method? Yes, I know I have no shame lol.

Back