Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS....

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

Luv the vid! :heart:
Was the conditioner and heat protectant the ONLY products you used? If so, pretty darn amazing! How often do you do this?

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm approaching 7 months post and this thread is very helpful. I decided to get a Dominican Blow Out...length check and needed to take a break from co-washing twice a week. Also, I purchased a steamer...one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Last edited:

that is soooo helpful. moisture all the way!

Reading this and watching your flat ironing video may have just saved my natural hair. I was on the verge of relaxing. Thanks so much. I'm going to put forth a little more effort in keeping my hair conditioned and moisturized.

Reading this and watching your flat ironing video may have just saved my natural hair. I was on the verge of relaxing. Thanks so much. I'm going to put forth a little more effort in keeping my hair conditioned and moisturized.

Happy to inspire a fellow natural to remain natural! :grin:

yea...I was on the verge of relaxing again....thank you! :kiss:

When I deep condition either using Nexus or now Skala aloe vera anti frizz; my natural hair came out silky relaxer straight. This method makes a hell of a difference!!!!

Luv the vid! :heart:
Was the conditioner and heat protectant the ONLY products you used? If so, pretty darn amazing! How often do you do this?

Thanks.

Ya. The products you saw are the only things that were used. I only flat iron bout 5-6 times a year.

So only my conditioner and Nioxin.

Great thread.. I use this method on my relaxed hair... Also I like your eyebrows..

Great thread.. I use this method on my relaxed hair... Also I like your eyebrows..

great to hear a relaxed head chimming in! :)

thanks. the eyebrows are a results of concealer.

Bumping to share great info...

flat ironing season is soon approaching :)

Thanks for bumping up this thread, I'm seriously considering on self straightening soon. One question: in your youtube vid the comb you used while flat ironing had like a clampy thing going on. What kind of comb is that and where do you get it from? It seems like it makes doing the comb-chase method a million times easier than using a regular comb. Thanks!

Thanks for bumping up this thread, I'm seriously considering on self straightening soon. One question: in your youtube vid the comb you used while flat ironing had like a clampy thing going on. What kind of comb is that and where do you get it from? It seems like it makes doing the comb-chase method a million times easier than using a regular comb. Thanks!

:) All the tools are listed in the description box. Click the link and BAM!...easy online shopping. Thought that would be more convenient.

On one of lexi's vids on youtube, she had her hair straightened and all the lady used was a steamer and chi keratin spray.

Has anyone tried to use the keratin spray with this method instead of nixon?

I'm gonna try this next month. Can't wait! :grin:

I haven't seen Lexi's video

But I have used Green Tea keratin before to straighten.

Because these are products are different in the sense that Nioxin is moisture based and Keratin is protein based, I would not expect the same results. When I speak of results, not only does it include what your hair looks like when completed, but also what you do to garner those results.

When I used to use keratin, although I was able to garner straight hair, it did take more passes of the flat iron. As a result, my hair was heat damaged. That occurred almost 3 years ago. Since then, I was able to grow a whole new head of hair :) and I now follow the moisture only routine and I have been heat damage-free since.

Because these are products are different in the sense that Nioxin is moisture based and Keratin is protein based, I would not expect the same results. When I speak of results, not only does it include what your hair looks like when completed, but also what you do to garner those results.

When I used to use keratin, although I was able to garner straight hair, it did take more passes of the flat iron. As a result, my hair was heat damaged. That occurred almost 3 years ago. Since then, I was able to grow a whole new head of hair :) and I now follow the moisture only routine and I have been heat damage-free since.

Wow, learn somthing new everyday. Thanks for the explaination!
The product is called nioxin what?

Android APP for LHCF...the best thing since slice bread....

Leaving my mark so I will know to come back and reread this entire thread.

Wow, learn somthing new everyday. Thanks for the explaination!
The product is called nioxin what?

Android APP for LHCF...the best thing since slice bread....

Nioxin Thermal Bliss.

Rocky91, did you ever straighten your hair? Can we see the pics? Pretty Please!! :grin:

Loved your video and will keep it as a book mark. What comb did you use to perform the comb chase method with the flat iron?

Okay, I see everything you used in the description box of the video. Marvelous!!! and thank you a million for sharing.

Rocky91, did you ever straighten your hair? Can we see the pics? Pretty Please!! :grin:
lol, wow mention feature?? how cool!!
there are a few pics in my fotki, but i don't wanna go there right now. not on my new baby netbook, lol when i get on another computer, i'll add them here.

lol, wow mention feature?? how cool!!
there are a few pics in my fotki, but i don't wanna go there right now. not on my new baby netbook, lol when i get on another computer, i'll add them here.

Yeah girl, I mentioned you. LoL. Had to make sure you saw it. And I have never had any problem catching viruses on fotki. Maybe it's because I use Firefox, dunno...

@westNDNbeauty
:thumbsup:
:thankyou:
I mimicked your method before using my own conditioner with the Nioxin but this weekend I grabbed the SE Mega Olive Treatment and <insert USHER clip here> "Oh My GoSh!!!! That alone has brought peace between my 4b strands and me and all this took place before blow drying and flat ironing. I think all 4bs should try this conditioner (for at least 1 hour - I did a little over 2)!

How often do you use this conditioner? Only when you flat iron? Do tell so I can mimic more!

I would like to thank you as well OP, as I have used the silk elements mega olive treatment under my bonnet hair dryer for an hr last night after taking out my 3 month stint of braid extentions and it worked! (( I am natural, and three months ago i was faced with the problem of coming out with crappy straightening results for natural hair ((as through my previous thread)))

My ends werent "crunchy", and i could straighten in two passes. I could even COMB my flat ironed hair straight to the ends! I could move my head, and my hair would shake!
My $100 sedu was not in vain, and i will no longer have to go to the dominican salon!!!! I could do it all myself with care ((and patience, cause I got a giant dome of a head))!!

One thing I noticed, is that after I rinsed out the treatment and blow dried a little, and then flat ironed that same section of hair directly after, it was silkier and bouncy than the rest of my head, possibly because there was still some product left in those strands and i didnt leave it as dry as the rest of my hair.

Next time, i will try to hair dry quicklier ((but my 4ab hair is so dense i had to keep detangling and braiding to get it out of the way)) and not 100% maybe like 80% then heat protectant and flat iron section by section of drying the whole head and then flat ironing the whole head... .

The funny thing is, i finished my hair at 5 in the morning, woke up at 10, and drove myself to SALLYS to pick up 5 more containers of the silk elements! Im totally sold.

I just wonder if you could reccommend a solution for the poof? Or would u say the poof will gradually go down the more and more i deep condition?

I forgot to mention how divine it has made my hair smell!!!
It's a pretty strong perfume scent for a conditioner. I used it yesterday and I can still smell it but I like it!

Back