Naturally Flexible Support Thread

I am enjoying my bun right now. Its nice and low maintenance. I may keep it in for the rest of the month as I take a break from straightening.

Y'all are my girls! LOL

I just don't feel like washing away the ease of this straight hair right now. I love my curls just don't feel like seeing them. And the minute I workout for real, they are back in full effect. Which is good. Means I don't have heat damage.....however. I can't just blow dry and straighten again this weekend. That's too much heat. Know what I mean?

@havilland

I totally feel ya! I JUST had this same conversation with myself yesterday.

So to make it easy I washed and did a quick DC in the shower last night. Then I put my hair into 6 braided ponytails to dry (after rubbing in leave in and heat protectant) and went to sleep. I'm going to detangle and flat iron today. That cuts out the blow dryer and saved me some time last night. I figured, if I didn't get around to flat ironing today I could at least rock a braid out. Trying to make this as easy as possible. :yep:

Y'all are my girls! LOL

I can't believe I make it seem easy? MMMNPH. Thank you for those words of kindness.

Not kindness if it's true.:yep:

Nothing happened perse. My hair is flat ironed. I just don't feel like washing away the ease of this straight hair right now. I love my curls just don't feel like seeing them. And the minute I workout for real, they are back in full effect. Which is good. Means I don't have heat damage.....however. I can't just blow dry and straighten again this weekend. That's too much heat. Know what I mean? Sooooo I'm stuck with my curls I am not in the mood for right now. Tis all.

I could have worse problems. So I'm not gonna stay mad...I just had a moment. ;)

I'm in the same boat. It seems so gross I know, but I haven't washed my hair since I got it blown out a month ago. So yeah. :ohwell: I didn't plan this but you're right, straight hair is so much easier. I swear it doesn't stink though, lol. It's been kept up in a bun and I smell it frequently to make sure I'm still good. It smells like Shea butter.

I've been keeping my workouts pretty light to avoid much reversion.

I'm going to get extensions soon so that I won't have to worry about blowouts, reversion and whatnot for a while. With my current length and texture, I don't know what I'm doing,lol.

So I get you, but at least you have a nice curl pattern, length and you don't seem to have too much shrinkage. Not to make light of your issue, but you'll get through.;)

ever wake up and realize you are NOT Mahogany Curls from You Tube.....?:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::creatures

Last edited:
Went and got a trim today and was talking to the lady about my hair and told her how curly it was. When she was done I showed her a pic of my natural hair and she was so shocked that it was that curly and that I got it so straight. First pic is when it's freshly washed and second is my hair straightened

ForumRunner_20140104_125023.jpg

20140104_120100-2.jpg

Fresh roller set for the week. Of course y'all know I never really wear the curls so the bottom 2 pics are after I finger combed the curls out then followed up lightly with my paddle brush. After brushing the curls out, I put it into 3 bantu knots to sleep in. Will take them down later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
lulu97 your hair looks great. Are those snap on rollers easier to use than magnetic rollers? Where can I buy some?

Prettymetty

Thank you! The snap on rollers are magnetic...they just come with the cap to secure them. I like them because they assist in keeping the hair from slipping back off the rollers, which in turn gets my roots straight. I also still secure them with the metal clips as well. I purchased these from Sally's and I think the brand is by Diane if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Rae81

I like light and bouncy roller sets with no hold so I use It's a 10 miracle leave in (makes detangling a breeze) and Carol's Daughter Macadamia serum. I normally section my hair in 5 sections and use 4 sprays of the It's a 10 and 1 pump of serum per section. Both products only give off a tiny amount of product with each pump so I consider them perfect my sets. If you are looking for hold and to wear your sets as is then I would recommend adding an additional product for that purpose. I just roller set as opposed to air drying so hold is never something I go after.

Edited to add: I also want to try flexi rods. I'm going to use the same products but add Carol's Daughter foam or Kinky Curly Custard in the mix...gonna play around with both to see which one I like best. :)

Last edited:
I need to get some flexirods too. I used to have a large collection of rollers, but I lost most of them. Now I just have pillow rollers and sponge rollers. I love both because they are soft enough to sleep in. I still have an Amex gift card from christmas so im going to sallys :)

Second day hair. Since the roots are stretched out pretty good from the 3 bantu knots I did last night, I'll only be doing 1 bantu knot for the next couple of nights. I wont wear it down anymore...just do my staple banana clip ponytail or high bun till the next wash.

Last edited:
Second day hair. Since the roots are stretched out pretty good from the 3 bantu knots I did last night, I'll only be doing 1 bantu knot for the next couple of nights. I wont wear it down anymore...just do my staple banana clip ponytail or high bun till the next wash.

It looks so pretty

Prettymetty

Thank you! The snap on rollers are magnetic...they just come with the cap to secure them. I like them because they assist in keeping the hair from slipping back off the rollers, which in turn gets my roots straight. I also still secure them with the metal clips as well. I purchased these from Sally's and I think the brand is by Diane if I'm not mistaken.

How do you keep the clips and roller caps from indenting your hair or creating a crinkle?

That is a gorgeous set! Are you BSL? I'm wondering how long the hair must be to achieve that look. Right now, I'm still not quite armpit. :(

Godyssey I did a pull test of few weeks ago and I was MBL but this style can be achieved on any length. I do everything that I do to my own hair to my step daughters hair weekly and she is growing out a Rihanna like cut so her hair is still pretty short. The only difference is I use all orange rollers on her instead of the pink ones since her hair is not long enough for those yet.

Last edited:
Godyssey I did a pull test of few weeks ago and I was MBL but this style can be achieved on any length. I do everything that I do to my own hair to my step daughters hair weekly and she is growing out a Rihanna like cut so her hair is still pretty short. The only difference is I use all orange rollers on her instead of the pink ones since her hair is not long enough for those yet.

Sometimes I'll get the crinkles but after I moisturize and stretch with the bantu knots, they go away. Sorry for the back to back posts but I'm having issues with this app to where I couldn't go back and edit my original answer.

Last edited:
Her set is cute too. Thanks for the info. :) And yeah, she won't want to ruin her curls by not re setting them! Kids, lol.

1525779_699848686715536_1360170355_n.jpg

Who's detangling this head tonight because I sure don't feel like it.

Attachments

• 9 months post.jpg
    9 months post.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 43
EnExitStageLeft

Girl! Look at the beautiful new growth! Stunning!

I'll come detangle it. ;). In our virtual hair world I'm already applying some warm oil to your roots with an applicator bottle. Let that marinate for a min while I get a glass of wine and file my nails.

Lol!

EnExitStageLeft

I'll come detangle it. ;). In our virtual hair world I'm already applying some warm oil to your roots with an applicator bottle. Let that marinate for a min while I get a glass of wine and file my nails.

Lol!

Why did I just visualize this whole scene?!!!! :lachen:
EnExitStageLeft I'mma be leaning back with my feet up watching havilland and doing air toasts with my sparkling cider wishing it was red wine and saying "you go girls"!!! :drunk:

EnExitStageLeft

Lol!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yeah and the soothing sounds of the quiet storm would be playing in the background while the marination is doing its thing.:grin:

3rd day hair. Banana clip ponytail. My hair will look like this until next wash day probably, so Imma holla at y'all then. lol

Last edited:
Back