Natural, but never wears hair out

some people prefer weaves to their own hair. They may think to themselves "why spend money and effort on relaxing when I'm just going to wear a weave/wig/extensions all the time anyways".

Lys

Maybe your friends do not know how to properly care for their natural hair. So instead of taking the time to learn how to maintain it, they take the easy way out and cover it up.

I think this is why as well.

To each her own on all that good stuff, but sometimes I wonder what is the point of going natural if you NEVER show it, if you never rock your fro etc.

-they are growing their hair out (one friend in particular has about apl hair when stretched, I'm not sure I buy that excuse)
-weaves are less damaging on natural hair and she loves weaves
-she doesn't attract men when she wears her natural hair
-doesn't know how to style her natural hair

*Pattycake hangs her head in shame:sad:*

I'm one of those naturals who chose to not wear their hair out. The bolded are my excuses. I seriously do not know how to style my hair, this was an issue even when I was relaxed. And I've always had poor experiences with salons. I don't want to take the time to straighten my hair, even though I plan on doing so this fall. I can't find any natural hairstyles that are flattering to my hair length and face shape.

My mother is always in extensions. She also does not have a relaxer. I think people (including myself) aren't looking at it like "what is the point of being natural if you aren't going to wear your hair out?" but rather "what is the point of having a relaxer / chemically processed hair if all you're going to do is wear wigs or extensions?"
This is why I went natural:yep: However, I'm not anti naps, I love nappy hair.

I have friend that I Have never seen her hair. she wears wigs and extensions a lot. BUt she too is all natural.

But hey she WEARS those extensions and wigs well. It looks good. I may be taking a note out of her book further in my transition.

Back