NappFrizz is no longer Natural

NappFrizz83

and i have no regrets..today i went back to the creamy crack and it felt good lol. I really tried to stay natural but it was just annoying..i tried everything to reduce the number of knots i got but nothing worked. anywho my hair was so uneven from my random dusting episodes so i had a long a** tail in the back of my head and shoulder length around the front lol it looked so funny but my mom cut it for me. i will post pics tomorrow morning because my hair is wrapped up right now. i honestly dont think i will go natural again anytime soon. I promised myself i would atleast stay natural for 3 years and i sort of kept it (it would be 3 FULL years May 09) but oh well im proud of myself i did what some grown folks couldn't when i was 15 and i didnt care what anyone would think of my natural hair..well thats it for now

ok people WARNING i have fine hair..the relaxer did not thin it out..it was just like this when it was natural and also it's so flat because i was being heavy-handed with the moisturizer (used to natural hair)
aight moving on this is after i got my hair cut (SORRY IF THESE PICS COME OUT HUGE)

blow dryed hair
013-vi.jpg

014-vi.jpg

017-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

front-vi.jpg

protective style remixed
022-vi.jpg

this is as close as i could get to a length shot
length-vi.jpg

these were the best i could do..i will add more later i have to get to school now lol

Last edited:
you got pics :grin:

when I first came to LHCF, I wa snaturla and swore I would never go back to the relaxer but I did. I dont have any regrets and I still like natural hair. im glad you did what you feel was best.

and i have no regrets..today i went back to the creamy crack and it felt good lol. I really tried to stay natural but it was just annoying..i tried everything to reduce the number of knots i got but nothing worked. anywho my hair was so uneven from my random dusting episodes so i had a long a** tail in the back of my head and shoulder length around the front lol it looked so funny but my mom cut it for me. i will post pics tomorrow morning because my hair is wrapped up right now. i honestly dont think i will go natural again anytime soon. I promised myself i would atleast stay natural for 3 years and i sort of kept it (it would be 3 FULL years May 09) but oh well im proud of myself i did what some grown folks couldn't when i was 15 and i didnt care what anyone would think of my natural hair..well thats it for now

I tried to stay natural for 3 years as well, that would be March '09 for me, but I lasted 2 years and 4 months. You should be proud of yourself, you did good, and I'm glad you are happy to be relaxed again.

Muhahaha, lol. Well at least you know that relaxed hair can also be healthy and fabulous. Welcome back to the creamy crack. I gotta admit, I've been natural, and had a beautiful curly fro at one point, then fabulous well kept locs.... And now I'm back to relaxed. You've gotta just do you, and hey, you can always switch it up whenever the heck you want. That's the beauty of it all.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I always thought search and destroy could do more harm than good if done more often than actual small trims. Can't to see the pics.

You gained valuable self-knowledge in taking time to get to know your natural hair and now you are doing what is best for you. Now show us some pics!

Can't wait to see the pics! Glad that you're happy...it's what matters most! Shoot, I may be joining you soon and I haven't even made it to a year with my transition!

Well atleast you have enough info to have healthy relaxed hair. You can now say that you've tried wearing your hair natural and if you change you mind you can always grow it out again. I think it was brave of you to rock your natural hair at your age and I hope you enjoy being relaxed again.

Back