NappFrizz is no longer Natural

Well atleast you have enough info to have healthy relaxed hair. You can now say that you've tried wearing your hair natural and if you change you mind you can always grow it out again. I think it was brave of you to rock your natural hair at your age and I hope you enjoy being relaxed again.
thats the great thing about it..it keeps growing and you can switch from relaxed hair to natural or vice versa 25 times if you want to. :grin:

As long as you are happy. I hope to natural forever. I do understand the temptation to wear it straight. I currently have my hair hidden to give it a break.

and i have no regrets..today i went back to the creamy crack and it felt good lol. I really tried to stay natural but it was just annoying..i tried everything to reduce the number of knots i got but nothing worked.

022-vi.jpg

this is as close as i could get to a length shot
length-vi.jpg

I know exactly what you mean... I have no regrets about going back to relaxers either.
Well done for being able to stick to being natural for so long and your hair is looking great now!
Now happy hair growing girl!

Extra things about my relaxer

there is a couple of things i forgot to add.
1)I used Elasta Qp Resistant No-Lye Relaxer and lost no hair in the comb..i was kind of suprised
2) The single strand knots i had from being natural were CRAZY. literally 1 stand had 4 knots in it. but most of them got cut out.
3) Relaxed hair is scary right now because i feel like its so sensitve and can break if i make the wrong move lol. Its not weak it just seems that way compared to natural hair.
ok i think thats it..

Regardless of what some may say, natural isn't for everyone. It's good that you realized that and did what was right for YOU. It's better to make yourself happy than to make others happy. :yep:

Regardless of what some may say, natural isn't for everyone. It's good that you realized that and did what was right for YOU. It's better to make yourself happy than to make others happy. :yep:
EXACTLY now im not gonna front when i first went natural i was trying to preach it and push it on everybody around me too but it all about preference

EXACTLY now im not gonna front when i first went natural i was trying to preach it and push it on everybody around me too but it all about preference

Yeah that happens a lot. :rolleyes: But in the end, you're the one that has to deal with the decision and put that comb through your hair everyday. :yep: Thanks for you sharing your experience, and I hope you enjoy becomming relaxed!

I SO agree. To me hair is a just style, like clothes, and it's all about preference ... natural, relaxed, short, long. There is no right or wrong choice.

yeah. im not having any problems with my relaxed hair but something is tugging me towards being natural again. i just want long hair whether it be relaxed or natural. i think im going to stretch for a long time and see how i feel about it.

yeah. im not having any problems with my relaxed hair but something is tugging me towards being natural again. i just want long hair whether it be relaxed or natural. i think im going to stretch for a long time and see how i feel about it.

As a fellow fine haired girl, how come you didn't texlax so you could have more volume?

It looks nice by the way.

you have plenty of time to work out whats going to be best for you, no pressure

As a fellow fine haired girl, how come you didn't texlax so you could have more volume?

It looks nice by the way.
thanks.i just wanted one or the other. but i think im transitioning now lol..hey ur that j##### lady from youtube. im a fan =D

you have plenty of time to work out whats going to be best for you, no pressure
yeah. relaxed hair is so freakin fragile UGH. thats the only thing i hate im afraid its going to snap all the time..hmm i think i am going natural again..i dont feel like relaxing my hair was a waste either cause my hair was full of single strand knots anyway

thanks.i just wanted one or the other. but i think im transitioning now lol..hey ur that j##### lady from youtube. im a fan =D

I think it's just trial and error sometimes. I am more texturized/texlaxed and my hair left to it's own devices still looks very natural. If I wash, detangle, and just let it dry, it shrinks up and curls up very similiarly to how it did when I was natural. But yeah it is more fragile. Good luck with whatever you do and I'm glad you don't regret relaxing. Keep us updated on your journey.

yeah. relaxed hair is so freakin fragile UGH. thats the only thing i hate im afraid its going to snap all the time..hmm i think i am going natural again..i dont feel like relaxing my hair was a waste either cause my hair was full of single strand knots anyway

My hair relaxed was the same way and did snap all the time, hopefuly this time around you can find an answer to the knots, there must be something to do for that to help right?

I think you should really think about where you'd like to be before switching right back to natural. I've seen tons of relaxed heads on this board with strong, healthy, beautiful relaxed hair. You just have to find a regimen that will help you keep it that way, and stay consistent with it.

You'll have some type of issue with either relaxed or natural hair. Even if you decide to go back to natural again, you might still have the single knot issues .Whichever one you choose, you'll have to learn to work with it. jmo

Back