My trip to the Indian Heena Beauty Salon

gn1g

Yesterday I decide to go have my chin waxed at a highly recommended Indian Salon. There was one operator whose hair color was absolutely beautiful. She uses some sort of henna. One lady was having her arms waxed and another lady was having all the hair removed from her face :eek: and another lady was waiting to have her eybrows threaded. I was thinking maybe I should have my brows threaded. I don't know a thing about threading.

Eventually the lady was called to have her brows threaded. That poor lady was squealing like a pig and jumping like a kangaroo:D . It really scared me.
I was next up to have my chin waxed and the operator comes over to me and says you would do better to get it threaded :nono: She was really trying to convince me to go with threading. Not after seeing that lady get her eyebrows done, forget it. However her eyebrows were pretty.
What are the pros and cons of waxing vs. threading?

The operator put that wax on me I had no idea that it was going to be that HOT! for a brief minute I reconsidered threading. Well, it was over so quick I decided to have my armpits waxed, and that was very painful. I almost told the lady never mind. She then talked me into a wonderful facial. Absolutely wonderful. All of her services were very inexpensive. But I am not sure if their salon hygiene was up to par.

I noticed a sign on the wall that said hair oil massage therapy and of course I want to do that but I thought I better check with my sista's at LHCF first. I ask her the name of the oil and she said something that I didn't quit catch started with an "Hur" but I know it's not amla or vatika. Have any of you all had a hair oil massage done at an indian salon? If so what was it like.

I personally like threading over waxing. Threading gives me a accurate results all the time. I love the way my eyebrows look and it lasts for a good 3 1/2 weeks. Threading I believe gives the threader more control and precision about the shape he/she is going to give. Waxing gives me so-so results and I have to always get it done again in 2 weeks.

Threading is like have 20 tweezers on you at one time removing the hair. Sharp string is used (it looks like dental floss to me) and the eyebrow is shaped. I love it. Now the first time I had it done was in Indianapolis. They have little booths in the mall. It hurts but it doesn't hurt (if that sounds right). The first time I had it done, my eyes watered at bit, but by the time she went to shape up the other side, I had adjusted to it quickly. With waxing, I think there is a light mark above and below the eye that may swell. With threading, it seems to last longer.

I finally found someone at an Indian Store in Kentucky that does it. I must really love the process, because I would drive and 1 hour and 45 minutes to have it done.

In my pre-waxing days, I was too scared to have my brows threaded, but I'm up for it now. I figure it shouldn't be any worse than waxing, to which I've grown accustomed.

Threading is THE BOMB! I've been doing it for almost 3 years now, both eyebrows and lip. It's the cleanest, most precise way of doing eyebrows PLUS it lasts longer than waxing (it pulls hair from roots where waxing can break off the hair and not completely pull it out) and the exactness of the shaping is unbeatable. The first time, like any procedure, seems "bad", but seriously, it's not that bad at all in regards to pain. I will NEVER do waxing again.

and threading is much more hygenic. Often after I've had my brows waxed I immediately get an acne flare up in the waxed area! Threading is as painful to me as waxing but much quicker & CLEANER! (in some salons the little "pot" of melted wax looks like it's been sitting there forever!) AND it's cheaper...here in LA wax is about $8-10 and threading is only 5 or 6

how would a person find out if somewhere does eyebrow threading in their city? i mean..what are some things to look under in the phone book?

weaveitup said:
how would a person find out if somewhere does eyebrow threading in their city? i mean..what are some things to look under in the phone book?

I agree with all the other posters about threading. I've been going for about 3 or 4 years now. Look in your phonebook for Indian/Pakistani businesses. If you have a part of town where there are Indian restaurants or grocers, you should be able to find a salon in the same area that does it.

Threading is soooo much better than waxing. It hurts the first time, but in my opinion, so did waxing. After that it stings a little but its not unbearable. The results from threading are much cleaner and more precise.

To find one in your area, try googling threading and your city (or the next largest city if you live in a small town). That's how I found a few locations when I moved to new city.

Personally,

For My Eyebrows I Prefer Threading And For My Chin Area I Prefer The Wax It Didn't Seem To Get All The Fine Hairs As Well As Waxing Does. But I Do Agree On The Eyebrows It Does Seem To Last Alot Longer Than Waxing Does, And It Also Seems To Hurt Me A Little Less.

Back