My Sister's Hair!

I've always considered you one of the doyenne's of how to maintain beautiful natural hair on these sites. You should consider a book or a website with your stamp on it. There's always room for more jewels of wisdom....IMHO

I've always considered you one of the doyenne's of how to maintain beautiful natural hair on these sites. You should consider a book or a website with your stamp on it. There's always room for more jewels of wisdom....IMHO
aww thats awesome of you to say, means alot to me:yep:

Wooaaahhh! Gorgeous hair! Idk how she was hiding all of that hair under a phony pony! Goodness! You did her right with the tips, & she did will for listening.

Your sister's hair was beautiful before but is it ever now. She's done a great job. It's good she listeded to your tips. What were they...if you don't mind?

Your sister's hair was beautiful before but is it ever now. She's done a great job. It's good she listeded to your tips. What were they...if you don't mind?
She more just watched and observed and we talked about products

seems she took notice that leaving it alone is good and it will grow with low/no manipulation, she started using condioners as leave in's and oils like I do, and just leaving it alone, protective styling and just letting it grow:yep:

not anything major really, she just started doing what I do

she basically learned how to manage her natural hair by watching what I do and listening to things I said, how I do my hair etc, she basically knew what to expect by watching me all these years, she hung in there and stayed patient, cause she could see the results it produced for me.

no more rash decisions such as coloring, relaxing, she just stuck with it:yep:

TELL ME TELL ME I'LL LISTEN I PROMISE LOL IF IT'LL MAKE MY HAIR DO THAT

The History

we always had the same hair all our lives, but when we went to relaxers, at first we were both loving them, then she had a baby, and her hair took off and right around that time, mine started taking a turn for the worse, her hair was indestructible or so it seemed, it just kept thriving and growing and thriving oy! while my hair kept having set backs. Very disheartening years for me. Sigh..... So anyway I gave up relaxing and went natural, couldnt take being jackedlaxed no more. She somewhere along the line later decided to color, then her hair took a turn, a bad turn, she chopped, grew it back out, relaxed again, and it was thin and she wasnt happy with it , so she chopped again, all this time, years, she has always paid attention to what I was doing with my hair and everything I said, she watches my Fotki and vids , she might even check up on me here :sekret: , anyway, she chopped short and wore phony ponies , I havent seen her own hair out for at least two years now, probably longer, then BLAM she sends this pic to me. I knew it was coming, she was so calm and patient, I knew she knew she was doing well alll that time under them phony ponies, I KNOW My sister! I would have heard otherwise if she wasnt. I was just waiting for the day she would reveal what was under the pony. Well here it is! She listened to every little thing I SAID and DID over these years. And did the same things.......now TADA!!!!!!

HPIM0723-vi.jpg

She said she trimmed 3 inches after this pic, she wanted to ask me tons of questions about why her hair felt how it did -on the ends and why she had to cut-I didnt get to talk to her though-But I know it will grow right back.....Its to her elbows now she said

now If only I could get my daughter to listen so intently :wallbash: She dont wanna hear nothin right now tho. But its all in her already its going to come out one day :look::grin:

already seen her hair at her waist, so I know she can do it too :yep:

Your sis is a magician:yep: I don't have that much hair, and I can't get it under a phony pony!

She's done a marvelous job and you're a good teacher! Thanks for sharing.

U guys are going to trip, but I do remember seeing her hair in person when she was saying it was thin, it was thinnish compared to what she was used to, but not thin as in THIN, she still wasnt happy with it , and said it felt damaged to her, when she chopped

so I just looked at my fotki of pics of I posted just before she chopped and here is what I said.....

"She took these pics with her cam phone, Just before she chopped it off to above her shoulders the other day*shocked face*, She said it felt damaged?! I believe her, but dang I just dont see it (not in person either). I think the bottom part of her hair was relaxed and thats what she was feeling, the difference between the two textures and it ulltimately drove her to chop and start over. She said she is not relaxing anymore (yay!). So I guess she basically just transitioned and did the big chop without ever setting out to, it was all done on a whim lol

I will be sure to bug her to death for pics of her cut next"

*what I wrote under the pic*

"
hair before I cut it all off

Still cant believe she chopped. I know it probably was damaged and all. But dang when I say MY hair was damaged it didnt look nothin like this, I mean you could see through it.

she is brave is all i can say LOL"

*and here is the pic before she chopped, I dont have a date, but the first comment left was dated 09/20/05 , so it was way more than two years actually

and here is the pic of her relaxed hair before she chopped!
]
hairbeforeIcutitalloff-vi.jpg

and I hadnt seen her hair out since then! She wore a phony pony every day!
um okay........ damaged????? her hair was beautiful then as well as now....

Wow! her hair is gorgeous.

When she did the last chop, how short was it? Either way, that's a lot of growth.

See, this no heat thing really is the business. lol I think GoingNatural did the no heat thing for 2 years too (forgive me if I'm wrong) and she retained some awesome length.

I need to get my butt in a no heat challenge. lol

Last edited:
Awe inspiring. If I can get like that in a few years they'll need to put me in a neck brace because I'll be swinging my head all over the place!

Your sis is a magician:yep: I don't have that much hair, and I can't get it under a phony pony!

She's done a marvelous job and you're a good teacher! Thanks for sharing.
:lachen: you can, I have done it too

three loose braids:yep:

no bulk, just wrap around your own pony tail and the braids hang loose inside the pony

Wow! her hair is gorgeous.

When she did the last chop, how short was it? Either way, that's a lot of growth.

See, this no heat thing really is the business. lol I think GoingNatural did the no heat thing for 2 years too (forgive me if I'm wrong) and she retained some awesome length.

I need to get my butt in a no heat challenge. lol
I looked back over my fotki and it was sometime in 05, so it actually was a longer time frame than two years, also I think she said she cut it to the top of her shoulder/bottom of her neck

yes no heat really does help, my hair was way different when I heat straightened frequently, I got alot more length and thickness over the years when I stopped

Back