my sister's hair makes me want to shoot myself

NappFrizz83

well not shoot myself but her hair is a MESS!!! i cringe whenever i see her do anything to her hair first of all she's relaxed and she always wears quick weaves and when its time for her to take it down she rips all the tracks off and then puts a relaxer on the comb out the glue and im like WTH are you doing and she'll just say oh it makes it easier to take the hair out. then she'll wash her hair slick it right back down and put in the tracks and repeats all year! she has almost bald edges and choppy chewed up hair ARRGGHH!! it kills me to see

:eek: :eek:

I think I just heard my hair sob

Wooooooow is all I can say :perplexed

well not shoot myself but her hair is a MESS!!! i cringe whenever i see her do anything to her hair first of all she's relaxed and she always wears quick weaves and when its time for her to take it down she rips all the tracks off and then puts a relaxer on the comb out the glue and im like WTH are you doing and she'll just say oh it makes it easier to take the hair out. then she'll wash her hair slick it right back down and put in the tracks and repeats all year! she has almost bald edges and choppy chewed up hair ARRGGHH!! it kills me to see

I use to do the relaxer glue thing. That was until I realized what it was doing to my hair. Some hair dresser told me to do that crap. I stopped wearing glue after that. My poor hair, it's been through so much.

That is my lil sis too. She started using that Dr Miracles stuff to grow in her edges, but I asked what is the point if you continuing to do all that crazy stuff with your hair.

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that. But I tell you something even worse than that! How bout those who actually rip it out pulling the ENTIRE (real) hair out that the glue is attached to? Then that leaves a line of baldness right there, and keeps on doing it, but putting the new track on further up past the bald line onto another row of hair to COVER that line of baldness, only to riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip it out once again including the real hair!!! I don't say nothing, because some folks out this way get real insensitive if you say something about their bald spots you know. Then turn around saying their hair won't grow, lawdy!:rolleyes:

Your hair is really pretty and healthy she never ask you what you do to keep you hair so nice?

I feel for your sister's hair, I don't think I ever did that but I definately use to torture my hair. My thinking was it would not grow anyway so what's the point?

Your hair is really pretty and healthy she never ask you what you do to keep you hair so nice?

I feel for your sister's hair, I don't think I ever did that but I definately use to torture my hair. My thinking was it would not grow anyway so what's the point?
my sister is lame lol she just says she does NOT want nappy hair and if she was natural her hair would be better than mince (texture) and i just say my nappy hair is better than your bald track lines

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that. But I tell you something even worse than that! How bout those who actually rip it out pulling the ENTIRE (real) hair out that the glue is attached to? Then that leaves a line of baldness right there, and keeps on doing it, but putting the new track on further up past the bald line onto another row of hair to COVER that line of baldness, only to riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip it out once again including the real hair!!! I don't say nothing, because some folks out this way get real insensitive if you say something about their bald spots you know. Then turn around saying their hair won't grow, lawdy!:rolleyes:
thats EXACTLY what she does and both her sides are so thin and stringy with bald patches

Sweet Lord above

A relaxer to take out the glue? What happened to conditioner? If that aint lazy, I dont know what is...

Wow. Scary. You know somebody told her about the relaxer thing -- I'm sure she didn't get it on her own. It's amazing how these bad hair practices go around.

Filmatic, your hairdresser told you to use relaxer to take out glue tracks???? :wallbash:

this made my scalp tingle :nono:

Wow, relaxer to take out the tracks...now I've heard it all. did u ever show her this site? that way she'll know how to properly take care of her hair.

Oh my!!!! :burning::nono:

Wow, relaxer to take out the tracks...now I've heard it all. did u ever show her this site? that way she'll know how to properly take care of her hair.
i tried to help her but she won't listen i showed her a few relaxed ladies to show her that her hair can be long and healthy even if you start from ear length then i told her their regimen and she is like why do they wash their hair so much? i cant wear braids or weave pony tails because my sides are gone! she acts like she just HAS to wear quick weaves! I mentioned wearing a wig but she was like NO everybody can tell when some one has on a wig and the wigs are ugly..i dont know what else to tell her..

Wow, your poor sister...I feel bad for her. :sad:
It's obvious she can't let go of her bad hair practices, even when she sees it's doing nothing but making her bald. I wonder why she won't open her mind to something new?

Hopefully she'll wise up and listen to you before she loses every hair on her head.

I can certainly feel your pain, Its hard to see someone destroy their hair on purpose and your standing right there with all the knowledge they need and you can't do nothing because they don't hear you or see you. My sisters daughters hair is natural like mine. She is doing a fine job but there are ways to make it even easier but she won't hear me. Refuse to listen to me, said I was nuts to put castor oil on my ends, but said she never saw a natural with hair as long as mine. :look: its so frustrating. I just keep my mouth shut and keep it moving. thats all you can do. I am here for you if you need me other then that I keep it moving its her head of hair and if she wants to continue to jack it up what can you do. But be there when she is finally ready.

Wow. Scary. You know somebody told her about the relaxer thing -- I'm sure she didn't get it on her own. It's amazing how these bad hair practices go around.

Filmatic, your hairdresser told you to use relaxer to take out glue tracks???? :wallbash:

Yeah! And that's why I just stopped going to hair dressers. Maybe I'll start back one day, but I think I'm to scared.

Why don't you offer to do her hair the next time she is ready to take out this mess? That way she will see how its supposed to go down. Oh me oh my, this is just dreadful :perplexed

thats EXACTLY what she does and both her sides are so thin and stringy with bald patches
Oh sweet jesus I used to do that (in the front for the bangs cause i wanted a smoother look) until i realized it just wasn't working for me. I gave in, got a nice short cut and from there hello haircare. Well, what she needs to do is wash all the crud out everything and then go get a full head weave (sewn-in only) for a few months. Once she starts to see all that growth, she might change her mind. The sew-in is more expensive though but I would HAND her the money 'cause lawd knows I wouldn't be able to deal with looking at her killing her hair anymore..

i tried to help her but she won't listen i showed her a few relaxed ladies to show her that her hair can be long and healthy even if you start from ear length then i told her their regimen and she is like why do they wash their hair so much? i cant wear braids or weave pony tails because my sides are gone! she acts like she just HAS to wear quick weaves! I mentioned wearing a wig but she was like NO everybody can tell when some one has on a wig and the wigs are ugly..i dont know what else to tell her..

Oh you should start sending her secret emails from a different address. :user: Like LCHF links with the headings (free weave!) or something! Help herrrrr pleaseeeee. :whyme:

:shocked:Omg I've never heard of the glue relaxer thingy:nono:
Wow thats some craziness:burning: Please talk to her before she goes bald:perplexed

I have heard of women doing this...but even when I used to abuse my hair I never did this. I think I'm gonna develop a business card with the LHCF web address on it and when I see someone who might possibly be in need and I'm gonna slip it to them. :yep: "The secret to even MORE fabulous hair...DON"T be the last one to hear about it...Lonhaircareforum.com"

I have heard of women doing this...but even when I used to abuse my hair I never did this. I think I'm gonna develop a business card with the LHCF web address on it and when I see someone who might possibly be in need and I'm gonna slip it to them. :yep: "The secret to even MORE fabulous hair...DON"T be the last one to hear about it...Lonhaircareforum.com"

:lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen:Slip some my way too, we need some buttons and banners as well to spread the word!! They'll be praising LHCF! Amen!! LOL:lachen::lachen:

Girl I feel you, I use to think the same thing. But I dont think I was so bad as to yank the glue out. I used to wash it out with conditioner and it would slip out. I thank God for LHCF because knowledge is power and I am on track to stronger healthier hair. :grin:

:lachen::lachen:Slip some my way too, we need some buttons and banners as well to spread the word!! They'll be praising LHCF! Amen!! LOL:lachen::lachen:

See...what's really funny is that you think I am kidding. I am TOTALLY serious. :grin: I'm just trying to figure out what I could put on them so that someone might go to the site without being completely offended. I mean, I WISH that someone had put me on LHCF earlier.

:nono::nono: oh wow. Thats not good. I couldn't imagine pulling tracks out. for one, i'm sure that hurts, especially if its still glued in pretty good, and second, the damage that does on your hair and the thinning it causes. Oh my.

Back