My review of GVP Detangler

Lynn84

So I tried a bottle of Sally's GVP Detangler because I have been having a time trying to find something to detangle my hair.
Anyhoo, after I washed I slathered this stuff all over my head (the directions call for a dime size amount or something like that :perplexed but screw that, I had to take it to the next level.
I kinda fingercombed it through and let it sit for 5 minutes and rinsed.
Well, a strange thing happened. The relaxed portion of my hair was still tangled and knoted, but when I got to the roots it was smooth and had so much slip. I'm looking like WTF :look:. I had detangled before washing and I don't swirl my hair when I wash. The only thing I did after it was on my hair was to gently finger comb it through a bit so I was just plain confused by these knots on the relaxed portion.
So I tried it on my sons hair at bathtime, and the comb just slip right through his mini fro.
I've been trying to figure out what's up with that. Has anyone transitioning ever had a product that detangled their roots /natural hair well but did nothing for the relaxed portion?

:bump:
Am I the only one who has used this stuff?:ohwell: Its the knock off of Paul Mitchell The Detangler

I've been wanting to try this for my kids.

I know a lot of products (like Silicon Mix) suck for my relaxed hair but work great on my newgrowth. Sicicon Mix works wonderfully for the kids and dh. Some products are just better suited for curly hair, I guess :)

I've been wanting to try this for my kids.

I know a lot of products (like Silicon Mix) suck for my relaxed hair but work great on my newgrowth. Sicicon Mix works wonderfully for the kids and dh. Some products are just better suited for curly hair, I guess :)

Yeah this is what I'm starting to think. I will keep it for my son's hair and I may revisit it when I BC in the future:)

Back