GVP Detangler: Who Uses It?

I have the Paul Mitchell detangler , the first time I used it I wasn't impressed. It doesn't seem to work if you have major tangle and knot issues like I had.
I used it again today as a rinse out conditioner on my 9 week post hair after I shampooed. It was good, I was able to comb through it, and it was pretty tangled and unmanageable I lost hair, but not a whole bunch. I also hardly comb from wash to wash so I'm hoping it was mostly shed.
Anyway I rinsed my hair got out of the shower then applied my DC.
I don't know if I will repurchase Paul Mitchell when my detangler is up. It hasn't impressed me to the point of hairgasm but I'll give it a couple of more chances.
Maybe I'll give the GVP a spin after. Anybody use both and know how they compare?

I haven't used the Paul Mitchell brand yet. I will give it a go for comparison.

I'm so glad this thread was bumped up! So I'm trying the co-washing thing this summer & my hair was matted after not touching it for several days. Do I co washed,dc'd & applied the detangler I found that when I left it for 2 mins my comb didn't give me as much resistance than me messing with my hair after slapping it on. I didn't give it the time of day b4 but now..I'll keep it stocked!

I tried the Paul Mitchell brand this week and I like the results on both the same. I have been using it solely as a in-shower detangler especially since I have 5months+ of newgrowth. It has definitely been a savior, to say the least.

I will use up the rest of the Paul Mitchell Detangler I have then go back to my trusty GVP brand.

I'm glad to see this thread. I just started using this product and I love it. I do have natural hair so I don't know if that makes a difference. However, I co-wash with a diffferent conditioner then I use this to detangle. Takes maybe 5 minutes at the most. Then I rinse-out. After I rinse-out I add a little more, brush it through with my denman and then get under the shower for a second or two for even distribution. I haven't had a problem leaving it in. But, then again I also leave-in Aussie Moist too!

it is not a normal conditioner, it is a detangler only and no I would not suggest you use it as a leave-in either. It worked well on my 6 months of new growth when I couldn't seem to comb it using any other conditioner. When I add it to my hair, I simply grab my detangling shower comb and start detangling while wet, and it detangles like a breeze. AFter detangling, I wash it out as stated on the bottle.

Yea! I tried again, after conditioning and it was a no-go. :nono:

This is exactly the way I used it. It sort of leaves a coating on your hair if you are using it as your primary conditioner. I get best results when I wet hair, shampoo (if necessary), then detangle by slapping this on my hair making sure it is saturated. Comb through in small sections then rinse. I use this time to either do a ACV rinse or I use PC. After which, I condition again (Not using the Detangler) and then rinse and I am done.

Gotcha. If I try again, I will keep this in mind.

I've started using this as a leave-in instead and my hair loves it better as a leave-in. Not sure if it makes a difference since I am natural. But, I switch between this and Kinky-Curly Knot Today.

Just as an fyi, I live in Texas and I saw the Paul Mitchell Brand on sale yesterday 2 bottles (10oz) for $9.99. Sally's is still cheaper, but for those that want to try the name brand without paying the full price.

Back