My review for some Darcysbotanicals products

jada1111

I bought four products and so far like two of them.

Natural Coils Curling Jelly - I like this. It defined, shined and kept my coils frizz free. My hair wasn't crunchy, but it was sort of stiff. I'll be using a leave-in with it from now on. Another good thing is that it seems like I barely touched the jar when I know I did. I see it lasting for several uses (more than ten).

Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip - This has more sheen and moisture than the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. I rubbed it on my skin and the sheen was instant. I applied some in my hair after it dried from NCCJ and it did a great job breaking up the stiffness in my coils. Going to use it tonight to apply to my twists for a twistout tomorrow. Will update on how it turned out. So far a good product. The scent is decent too.

Peach Kernel (Natural Curls) Hydrating Milk - I bought to use it on dry hair. I wanted a milky/lotiony type product to scrunch in my hair without having to use a creme from a jar. This is not that product for ME. I have a feeling it will work better as a leave-in under a gel. Will update later. Oh yeah, I hate the smell. It really does smell like peaches for heaven's sake. LOL! It's peaches with a hint of watermelon. Wish it was more watermelon.

Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme - love the smell of this, but it's far from a creme nor is it moisturizing or sheeny enough for me to put in my hair. I rubbed into my hands and on my arms for moisturizing/softening effects and there was none. Checked the ingredients and there is no water contained in it. My bad for not paying better attention. It's completely useless to me. Will not be mixing it with anything else to make it "better". I don't have that kind of time. :nono:

It also doesn't resemble the picture on the page. The pic has the creme looking more caramelish, whereby the creme I got is white. Not a big deal cause I'm not going to use it anyway. It wouldn't even work in wet hair. Nothing.

Everything else is pretty good. Still waiting on some other stuff I ordered from other vendors, so I'll be posting more reviews in the future.

OMG thank you for posting this I've been trying to make up my mind on this product for a minute now and nobody on here seems to know much about this. I'm assuming your natural, I'm relaxed, do you think the tucuma moisture whip might be to heavy on my hair?

OMG thank you for posting this I've been trying to make up my mind on this product for a minute now and nobody on here seems to know much about this. I'm assuming your natural, I'm relaxed, do you think the tucuma moisture whip might be to heavy on my hair?

Hmmm, it might be okay. It's really not that heavy or greasy enough to weigh your hair down. I guess it all depends how you'll use it. Too bad she doesn't sell sample sizes.

I can honestly say the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme won't do anything for you either. There is nothing to this as a product for hair or skin. Not softening, emollient, sheeny, creamy/oil - NOTHING. Maybe I got a bad batch? It's sort of hard like paste, but not really. You gotta see/feel it to understand.

Continuing my review for the other products:

Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip does not work well for me by itself on dry hair. I prefer mixing it with the Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk. My hair was moisturized, soft and sheeny. Also, the combination of the scents of the two products smelled good together. I will continue to use them up until done. Will try to use the PKHM as a leave-in on wet hair and by itself on dry hair in the future. So far it's a good product (at least used in conjunction with something else).

The Natural Coils Curling Jelly is a great product, but imo needs to be used with a leave-in. I usually prefer a styling product where a leave-in isn't necessary, because I'm short on time and the less I have to do the better. Curls Gel-les'C is one of those products. Don't need a leave-in if I don't want to, just need to keep my hair regularly deep conditioned so as not to experience dryness.

The only product on the thumbs down list is the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. I think it might work well for a looser textured curlie.

Ok i was looking at buying something from them.. i need a good moisterizer and it isnt sounding to good for them

Well, you could get the Peach Hair Milk and see how it works for you. It's not that bad, but my idea of "moisture" is on the level of Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme version of moisture.

You might like it.

Hi Jada1111

I'll add my two cents as well because I bought several products on Black Friday.

Coconut and Aloe Moisture Pudding: I love this stuff! I use this on my edges and nape to smooth or to define any coils. My edges remain moisturized for the day. Also when I wear a center part, I use this to lay my hair down and it produces a wave-like effect on my hair.

Daily Leave In Conditioner: I use this as my leave in before I rollerset. It is really watery, so I don't use it when my hair is dry. I probably won't repurchase or may revisit again when I am completely natural.

Lemongrass Transition Creme: I like this product. I sometimes use it when my hair is damp to rollerset. Mostly I use it when I do protective styles. I finger part my hair, and apply this directly to the new growth. It keeps my hair moisturized, but I may feel greasy if you use too much. Because I also use Qhemets AOHC, I really don't need to repurchase.

Tucuma Moisture Butter Whip: I will now use this since I have run out of the TC. I guess this is a little thicker than the Transition Creme, but its not that much different and you get more TC. The TMBW may be useful to moisturize twists, braidouts, etc.

Natural Coils Curling Jelly: Hated it! This left white flakes in my hair and my hair felt crispy. The Coconut Aloe Pudding made my hair coil more than this. I may possibly revisit since I have plenty left in the container.

All in all, I have made my DB purchase work for me, but only found 1 or 2 products that I would purchase again.

Hmm...now you really have me wanting to the that Curling Jelly and Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip. I really wish the Tucuma Butter came in an 8 oz jar.

Oh and she does offer samples but they aren't individual. She has two different sample packs with 4 products in each of them. They are $25.

Hi Jada1111

I'll add my two cents as well because I bought several products on Black Friday.

Coconut and Aloe Moisture Pudding: I love this stuff! I use this on my edges and nape to smooth or to define any coils. My edges remain moisturized for the day. Also when I wear a center part, I use this to lay my hair down and it produces a wave-like effect on my hair.

Daily Leave In Conditioner: I use this as my leave in before I rollerset. It is really watery, so I don't use it when my hair is dry. I probably won't repurchase or may revisit again when I am completely natural.

Lemongrass Transition Creme: I like this product. I sometimes use it when my hair is damp to rollerset. Mostly I use it when I do protective styles. I finger part my hair, and apply this directly to the new growth. It keeps my hair moisturized, but I may feel greasy if you use too much. Because I also use Qhemets AOHC, I really don't need to repurchase.

Tucuma Moisture Butter Whip: I will now use this since I have run out of the TC. I guess this is a little thicker than the Transition Creme, but its not that much different and you get more TC. The TMBW may be useful to moisturize twists, braidouts, etc.

Natural Coils Curling Jelly: Hated it! This left white flakes in my hair and my hair felt crispy. The Coconut Aloe Pudding made my hair coil more than this. I may possibly revisit since I have plenty left in the container.

All in all, I have made my DB purchase work for me, but only found 1 or 2 products that I would purchase again.

The Natural Coils Curling Jelly didn't flake on my hair, but I can see it happening if not careful. This is why I intend to use a leave-in under it for future use.

The Lemongrass Transition Creme is one product that gets consistently good reviews.

I didn't get the Coconut Aloe Pudding because it contained no water, just aloe. A moisturizing product for MY hair needs water, which is why I purchased the Peach Hair Milk and TMBW(even though it's the fourth ingredient it's still there). Together the PHM and TMBW work great, separately I'm not diggin' the TMBW by itself. I have yet to use the PHM solo, but will sometime during the week.

Last edited:
Hmm...now you really have me wanting to the that Curling Jelly and Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip. I really wish the Tucuma Butter came in an 8 oz jar.

Oh and she does offer samples but they aren't individual. She has two different sample packs with 4 products in each of them. They are $25.

Yeah, that's annoying. I know she's a small business, but you really need to give folks the option of trying smaller sizes FIRST, before committing to a larger purchase. Peeps aren't going to like everything and it saves on folks being afraid of wasting money on new products that may or may not work out.

Like I'm very disappointed in the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. I read on another board that it's good for scrunching out the crunch I guess in gels, but I'm not applying it to MY hair. I just see it frizzing it up. Had it come in a small sample size it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Last edited:
That's my main problem too. I'm in college so i really don't have cash to just through around. The sample packs she sells only have like 1 thing I want to try in them.

Back