Heard of Darcy's Botanicals? Organic hair products!

Girl I can't stand the smell of the tacuma butter ...
What does the transitioning cream smell like? Is it really heavy? Moisturizing? I'm thinking of getting it or the Coconut aloe cream.

I really like it (so far with my barely 3 week post hair) it's very moisturizing. I've been using it for 6 days and I haven't missed my #1 moisturizer (HE LTR leave-in). It has a light coconut smell with a very faint lemon scent...not overpowering at all. It's not as thick as the tucuma butter so it's perfect for daily moisture.

Okay so it was you .......... so I placed it in my wishlist ...:ohwell:
LOL I was gonna say that it wasn't out of stock when I ordered earlier. I saw that Afrokinks.com sells Darcy's stuff. I don't know if they are good to order from or not. They even have different products on there that aren't of the Darcy's site.

Well i just got my stuff today. I haven't used any of it yet but it all looks good.

The Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream doesn't smell like much to me. The way people were describing it I thought it would have a strong/rich vanilla smell but it doesn't, at least not to me, I was a little disappointed about that. The texture is nice reminds me of Crisco.

The Coconut & Cupuacu Butter has a very faint nutty scent. The texture is pretty much like coconut oil. Solid until you touch it then it's an oil

Daily Leave-in Conditioner- I put it on my hands and it feels really good. Very moisturizing. I could use it as a lotion if I don't like it for hair.
I got the vanilla scent which is nice. You can smell it in the bottle but once you put it on you can't smell it much. If I like it next time I'll get a fruity scent.

I'm gonna use it on my daughter's hair soon so I'll come back with my thoughts.

I'm waiting on my transitioning cream to arrive.

Darcy was so kind as to send me the 'unscented' version of the Tacuma Butter after I ordered the regular one. However the 'unscented' still has a natural smell of maple syrup :down: :nono: . I will not use it for that very reason, I just can't get w/ things I don't really like the smell of :nono:. I'm hoping I like the transitioning cream and that it smells a lot better.

i just got my daily leave in and coils gel in the mail today. i already like the leave in because she gave me a sample with my last order and i think im really going to love the coils gel. its really light and looks like apple sauce. it smells yummy and i think i will do a wash and go with it on monday. i get the feeling it may leave my hair looking wet all day so we will see. i dont like the wet look.

for the leave in i got papya nectar and i dont like it. i should have gotten vanilla or coconut because this one smells funny. but it doesnt stink so i can live with it.

I just re-ordered the transitioning creme, lol I'm afraid it'll be gone by tomorrow...the new leave-in conditioner is GONE

I purchased the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and I absolutely love this product. My hair felt very moisturized after using this product. I honestly didn't think my hair could feel any softer, but it did and I couldn't have been happier. Only thing I don't like is that the scent lingers on my hair all day. I'm not a fan of scents in my hair. Despite this I will definitley re-purchase.

Oh and another reason I love this product is because a little goes a long way. This will definitely last me a while.

im really in love with her daily leave in. i didnt think i would like it so much but i do. of course not as much as kbb hair milk lol. but it really does keep my hair soft and moisturized. i havent used my madagascar styling cream in a long time, maybe in a couple of weeks i will use it with the leave in for twists.

oh and i HATED the coils jelly. no matter what i did i had hard hair. i even slathered on kbb and kc kt to make sure it didnt dry hard and it did. i used it so many different ways and my final answer is that it sucks.

Aw, I wanted to try the coils jelly, too! I wish she offered samples separately. I don't want everything that comes in one pack and I refuse to order two. It might be one less item I order altogether.

Bump!!!

Just placed an order for:

Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme
Organic Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding
Natural Coils Curling Jelly
Herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spritz

Will return with a review!! :)

i still love the daily leave in. thats the only thing from her line that i really really love. the mvsc is nice but i can do without it.

Back