My Observations Regarding Privacy

Lorraine

Just a few observations regarding privacy issues. I hate to add to the long list but can someone please help me out?

* If I select "Invisible Mode" does that make me not appear in Who's Online?
* My signature is visible again to guests or non-members (will this change?)
* If someone checks "Who's Online?" they can see who someone is PMing (can this option be removed)
* If someone checks a profile it states whose profile it is in Who's Online
* If I edit my post it states that I edited it. If I state a reason (grammar, wrong link, etc.) it makes that visible, too. See below for example. Can this option be omitted?

Thank you again.

Lorraine

Last edited:
another thing:

the signatures are visible to non-members/suscribers even if signatures are hidden on the forum.

meaning, when you click on someone's profile, logged in or logged out, it shows their signature. at least it did when i tried it.

Also, this new thing posted in each post---

Time spent in forums:
Average time:

...is absolutely unnecessary. :nono:

Carlie said:
Also, this new thing posted in each post---

Time spent in forums:
Average time:

...is absolutely unnecessary. :nono:
Yeah, It will show people that I have no life :lachen: and that I do no work. :lachen:

msincognito said:
I agree the "time spent in forums" and "average time" is noy going over well with me either.

I totally agree. I just noticed it today and I was like " is that really necessary?"

About the photo albums, Nikos made an announcement about them. There's a way that they can no longer be visible to the public. :) Thanks, Nikos!!!

TigerLily said:
About the photo albums, Nikos made an announcement about them. There's a way that they can no longer be visible to the public. :) Thanks, Nikos!!!

which way is that? because signatures are still visible when you log out and your just browsing as a guest. profiles have been taken off limits, but siggys are fully visible :lol:

honeydrop215 said:
which way is that? because signatures are still visible when you log out and your just browsing as a guest. profiles have been taken off limits, but siggys are fully visible :lol:

Under the user CP in the options menu, there is an explanation on how to do it in the hair care section.....it's the first thread ...HTH

honeydrop215 said:

User Control Panel

Scroll right down to Additional Information

You will see:
Online Photo Album: The location of your photo album
Online Photo Album Password: The password of your photo album

Nikos is working on the visible signatures feature!
So, in the meantime I think if you have a website you can put it in there.;)

thanks ladies. i dont really care but i just wanted other people to know their siggies are available for viewing ;)

Back